I think we've reached our breaking point

Everyone was so in love with D’Amaro back in the day. It’s all gone just WRONG. So disappointing.
Yep!

I was very hopeful and actually excited when I heard he was going to be head of parks. Thought this was someone who was going to be a real advocate for the guest experience. :rolleyes1 How wrong I was.

Yep!

I was very hopeful and actually excited when I heard he was going to be head of parks. Thought this was someone who was going to be a real advocate for the guest experience. :rolleyes1 How wrong I was.

I am not an apologist for this guy, BUT he likely has his hands tied by HIS boss. This is how large corporations work. He is probably forced to make decisions he doesn't agree with all the time. If he tries too hard to stir the pot, he will just be replaced. Climbing a corporate ladder is a long game full of psychology. I have heard from people who REALLY know him that he absolutely loves the parks and the cast members. LOVES them. I have to belive his hand is being forced here.

Omg! That is insane. What has happened to Disneyland??? 😢
I think it's up to the Cast Members, this past year my DD was on SM when it broke down, they turned the lights on inside as well, a CM had to push their coaster to the loading platform. I'm not sure how long the process took but when they had the ride ready to go again. They asked their group if they want to ride again, and of course they did!

I am not an apologist for this guy, BUT he likely has his hands tied by HIS boss. This is how large corporations work. He is probably forced to make decisions he doesn't agree with all the time. If he tries too hard to stir the pot, he will just be replaced. Climbing a corporate ladder is a long game full of psychology. I have heard from people who REALLY know him that he absolutely loves the parks and the cast members. LOVES them. I have to belive his hand is being forced here.
I get that to a point, but I think he has more say.

Chapek has his hands in everything, and has to rely on D’Amaro for the parks. At the very least he can make sure maintenance and CM’s are performing at Disney standards.

I get that to a point, but I think he has more say.

Chapek has his hands in everything, and has to rely on D’Amaro for the parks. At the very least he can make sure maintenance and CM’s are performing at Disney standards.

It's not that straightforward.

I mean, I agree with you. But trust me, there are just so many layers between a front line CM and Josh D'Amaro. It's a systemic failure at this point, driven primarily by cost cutting at every stage.

I mean, I agree with you. But trust me, there are just so many layers between a front line CM and Josh D'Amaro. It's a systemic failure at this point, driven primarily by cost cutting at every stag

I mean, I agree with you. But trust me, there are just so many layers between a front line CM and Josh D'Amaro. It's a systemic failure at this point, driven primarily by cost cutting at every stage.
DIS upper mgt is spread too thin, imo
ABC/ESPN is more worry than they worth. They make 10 cents on a dollar vs parks at 30 cents, plus they're triple the people headache. They should be spun off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter