"I Think I Might Be a Disneyland Person!" - Feb. 2016 ~ Updated 2/19/21: TR Complete!!!

I can still see all your pictures on both reports!
Loved your year of Disney video! Strange to think how much has changed in 7 years!!! (At Disney and at home!)
Makes me wonder if Photobucket is just going after the currently-active accounts right now? I mean, I don't actually use the old account, so maybe they're letting the pictures remain embedded for now? :confused3 I love looking back at those old trailers and videos - back when we had time and energy to put stuff like that together. :rotfl: Now, I struggle to just write an acceptable update. Things have definitely changed since then!

I can see the pictures no problem! Good luck on your migration to a new service. I don't have experience embedding their photos in posts, but I've used a paid account with Flickr for ages and have been happy with it for photo storage. Price is not bad, either. Sounds like you might have found a good option, though! I hope that works out well!

So glad you liked DCA. I like it so much that i insisted on introducing 2 different family members to it on 2 different trips this year & made them buy longer tickets so they could come visit it with me.

DL will always have the top spot in my heart, but I really love that park, too and am so nervous to find out whether my husband & mother will like it as much as I do because it feels like I'm always reading people taking digs at it. Makes me glad to hear that I am not the only one who enjoys it. Can't wait to read your next report!

~Meg
Thanks, so far this Smugmug site seems pretty user-friendly, so we'll see. I've been uploading my old pictures over there between work tasks.

DCA is awesome. Especially Cars Land. Love the immersive world they've created. We just saw Cars 3 the other day and it really makes us want to visit again.

I can also see those pictures! I wonder if Photobucket just hasn't noticed and sunk its claws into them yet? Because strangely once in a while some of my photobucket pictures in the middle of a TR will appear while all the others around it will have the third party hosting message. So frustrating!
So strange. I'm guessing maybe they don't care about mine (yet) since it's an older/not-actively-used account? I would imagine they are going for the very active accounts first, but I'm just guessing.

Dancing with Daisy

We had seen a bear roaming around during our meal, but he never made it over to our table. pooh: (Nope, not THAT bear:rotfl:). We had to look up who he was and it turned out to be Kenai from Brother Bear (which we were not familiar with, but why not meet him anyway? ::yes::) We asked the waiter if he’d be coming over, since we were done eating, and he recommended we just catch him on our way out. So, that’s what we did:

Running from the bear, I guess :confused::

Dug and I wanted bear hugs too:

I have video, but for some reason it is stuck in a sideways position o_O:

On our way out, I noticed in the window that someone was having a birthday :cake: – likely for the long formerly-empty table near us that had filled in with a large group:

As we understood it, having breakfast at Storyteller’s Café would allow us to use the Grand Californian’s direct entrance into California Adventure this morning. However, when we tried to do so, we were told that we needed the physical copy of our receipt and the photo of it we’d taken on our phone was not enough. :headache: Ugh, that’s what we get for trying not to accumulate junk for once. :rolleyes: So, I hustled back over to Storyteller’s, tracked down our waiter, and he re-printed the receipt for us (as it had been cleared from our table already). That was sufficient and they allowed us to enter there (through metal detectors, etc.) :thumbsup2

So, yay, we finally made it into California Adventure! :hyper: I believe we entered right by the Grizzly River Run/World of Color Fast Pass area:

Dug’s camera came out:

As we passed by Soarin’, we grabbed a FP for later on (that we’d get a Rider Swap to supplement, as Izzy was too short). Then we spotted Daisy out for a meet and greet. Izzy wanted to do that, but we still needed a Radiator Springs Racers FP, so Dug went ahead to obtain that and I stayed in line with Izzy for the meet with Daisy:

This lady likes Duffy, apparently:

We admired the palm tree:

Even tiny Princess Leia had to meet Daisy :lovestruc:

And then it was finally our turn to meet Daisy in her cute outfit:

Izzy got her to dance/shake her tailfeathers:

(We had an awesome meet with Donald at Aulani the prior month where he was happy to shake his tailfeathers with Izzy.)

And some photos from Dug’s walk towards Cars Land:

Dug actually went a little too far, as the RSR FP machines are near A Bug’s Land instead of being inside Cars Land, but he did managed to find them and get us 3:15pm. :cool1:

Up next: Fun in A Bug’s Land and more!

Very cool little Bear encounter and glad you were able to get that receipt reprinted, worth a little backtracking to get entrance straight in to the park.

It looked like Izzy really enjoyed meeting Daisy and Daisy really got into the interaction. Nice that you are able to do rider swap and have fast passes for both Soarin' and RSR.

I can't wait for my family to finally get to walk the streets of Radiator Springs. Looking forward to the next installment!

Very cool little Bear encounter and glad you were able to get that receipt reprinted, worth a little backtracking to get entrance straight in to the park.
Yes, definitely nice to go straight into the park!

It looked like Izzy really enjoyed meeting Daisy and Daisy really got into the interaction. Nice that you are able to do rider swap and have fast passes for both Soarin' and RSR.
It was a fun meet for both of them. :goodvibes I will miss being able to get two FP at once and swap, but being able to ride all together is even better. :thumbsup2

I can't wait for my family to finally get to walk the streets of Radiator Springs. Looking forward to the next installment!
Hope everyone loves it! They really knocked it out of the park on theming that area.

I love Brother Bear! My mom won't watch it, though, because she says it's too sad.
Huh, good to know. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Love! How cute is Daisy's outfit here!?
I know, adorable! :lovestruc That was part of why I was willing to waste early park time on a meet.

Photos are gone for me on your old report :-(
I knew they'd get around to it, eventually! :badpc: Guess I have a new project to work on in all that spare time I don't have. :rolleyes2 It seems Photobucket really appreciates how much people love the work they do and wants us all to experience that joy a second time by re-linking everything. I feel really bad for people who have photos scattered more - at least I know where I've posted - in my TR's, but others are on various threads, etc. I actually had one old free-account photo linked in the intro post of this thread (the 2006 DL one) and I saw that disappeared this morning. I re-linked it with the Smugmug version and it seems to be good. :thumbsup2

Being Bugs

After our meet with Daisy, Izzy and I headed over to A Bug’s Land to locate Dug. However, we wandered around and couldn’t find him, so decided to take fun Photopass shots instead:

We must have connected with Dug leaving A Bug’s Land and walked over to Cars Land together:

I absolutely love the feel of this part of the park! :love:

The line was still short for Mater’s ride (it was a bit before 10am), so we decided to do that first:

You can see the ride in the foreground of that last one and Grizzly Peak in the background.

Cute tractors:

Izzy and I rode together:

And there’s Dug over there:

It’s funny, because you can sit in cars that are adjacent to each other, but end up in totally different places, as the ride shifts you around to the different spinners. And it really does whip you around – we had a blast:

Fun and cute ride! :thumbsup2

Another view of Grizzly Peak on our way out:

Then Dug and Izzy headed back over to A Bug’s Land:

I was on my own, though, heading for Soarin’ to use the Fast Pass. Scenery on the way:

Lots of fun theming!

I was able to walk right up and request a Rider Swap for Dug, so that was good:

And some blurry proof that I was in the Soarin’ queue:

I did some planning/organizing while I waited. Verified our RSR time:

And confirmed I’d be able to get myself a new avatar picture this day:

While I waited for my chance to Soar, Dug and Izzy were here:

I made it up to the pre-boarding area:

And Dug and Izzy got on their ride:

Looks like fun!

I had a good time Soarin’ Over California while they did that (this was back when the “old” movie was still showing). Fun to actually be IN California while flying over it. ::yes::

Up next: More bug rides! And I, um, wander onto a new-to-us ride with no wait. :rolleyes1

I knew they'd get around to it, eventually! :badpc: Guess I have a new project to work on in all that spare time I don't have. :rolleyes2 It seems Photobucket really appreciates how much people love the work they do and wants us all to experience that joy a second time by re-linking everything. I feel really bad for people who have photos scattered more - at least I know where I've posted - in my TR's, but others are on various threads, etc. I actually had one old free-account photo linked in the intro post of this thread (the 2006 DL one) and I saw that disappeared this morning. I re-linked it with the Smugmug version and it seems to be good. :thumbsup2
I just got ambitious and fixed the first post in this report: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-last-minute-super-bargain-bonus-trip-9-11-update-the.2541655/ I even fixed punctuation and font size that got messed up in the DIS conversion a couple years ago. It's my shortest report, so figured it was a good place to start. Glad I had the PDF saved, though, so I can easily see which picture goes where. Might do a bit more work on it tonight, but need to sleep soon...

Morning%20Fun%20-%203_zpsqe2sft1g.jpg

This one! This one is definitely the best one!

I absolutely love the feel of this part of the park! :love:

I've heard that even if you're not a Cars fan that this area is amazing and a must-see.

Izzy has the most precious expressions!!

Up next: More bug rides! And I, um, wander onto a new-to-us ride with no wait. :rolleyes1

Curious...

Apologies if my reply ends up posting more than once...I am on my phone & the mobile version of these boards is really cranky with photo heavy posts & keeps crashing when I try to reply to posts with quoting your originals. I should go upstairs & use my computer instead, but I am too lazy (and too tired after a 3 mile "Disneyland training" walk--trying to ramp up my miles I anticipation of our trip) to go upstairs and get it. :laughing:

I loved the photos and video of Izzy & (the very dapper!) Daisy meeting & shaking tail feathers! So adorable!

Those 60th anniversary Bugs Land photos are too perfect. I especially love the one where the overenthusiastic Izzy looks ready to capture you with her net! You reminded me how much I miss all of the great photo ops they had during the 60th anniversary.

All the Carsland photos are making me SO excited for my next trip (and a little homesick for DCA). That land is so perfectly themed.

I haven't been on Mater's ride yet (mostly I've gone to DCA solo & looks like it is more fun with a companion. My only friend who has gone to DCA with me so far has issues with spinning rides, so we skipped it). Your photos convinced me to give it a try with my husband. I think we might like it.

Did Izzy get to try Heimlich's Chew Chew Train when she was in Bug's Land? That is actually one of my favorite rides at DCA, I go on it at least once per day I'm in that park!

Can't wait to hear what happened next!

~Meg

LOVE seeing Cars Land. It's really one of the biggest draws to Disneyland for me, even though I also would love to spend time in Walt's original park. If only I wasn't so enamored by the World...

Izzy looks like she was having a great time in Bug's Land, and those Photopass pictures are great!

Also caught up on the first page of your old report- darn that lady in the restaurant slamming teachers. :(

How fun to go straight to the Magic Kingdom! So funny that Magic Bands weren't a thing then! (And Paper Fast Passes were!)
Do you have APs now? You and I could drive to Iowa and get this party started! ;)

I know everyone out in CA didn't want to get ride of the old fastpass system. But I don't miss trekking across the park to get a FP and then trek back because it isn't good for awhile.

So cool to see wee ones enjoying Bug's Land. With our kiddos grown we usually just breeze by there.

And Mater's ride looks like a bunch of fun too. We are looking forward to riding it and Luigi's along with RSR of course. So one last trip on the "old" Soarin' aye? I will miss the orange smell over the orchards but am looking forward to the new one!

Good luck with the continued TR revamps post Photobucket :thumbsup2

This one! This one is definitely the best one!
Haha, thanks. The photographer was suggesting all these poses - fun! But Izzy had no idea how it would look until we saw them after. :rotfl:

I've heard that even if you're not a Cars fan that this area is amazing and a must-see.
I'd agree. It's so immersive. I would imagine it's something like if I were to go to Harry Potter World - I'm not into that at all, but I'd probably still enjoy the world they've created.

Izzy has the most precious expressions!!
Aw, thanks! She's definitely expressive! ::yes::

Curious...
Coming up next! :goodvibes

Apologies if my reply ends up posting more than once...I am on my phone & the mobile version of these boards is really cranky with photo heavy posts & keeps crashing when I try to reply to posts with quoting your originals. I should go upstairs & use my computer instead, but I am too lazy (and too tired after a 3 mile "Disneyland training" walk--trying to ramp up my miles I anticipation of our trip) to go upstairs and get it. :laughing:
Haha, I am the opposite. I am way too lazy to post from my phone. Much easier to use a laptop keyboard. :surfweb: Good job on your Disneyland training walk! :goodvibes

I loved the photos and video of Izzy & (the very dapper!) Daisy meeting & shaking tail feathers! So adorable!
Thanks - it was a cute meet - loved Daisy's look! :cutie:

Those 60th anniversary Bugs Land photos are too perfect. I especially love the one where the overenthusiastic Izzy looks ready to capture you with her net! You reminded me how much I miss all of the great photo ops they had during the 60th anniversary.
They really did have some fun photo set-ups! Wish they always did that! You'll see more of them throughout the trip report too.

All the Carsland photos are making me SO excited for my next trip (and a little homesick for DCA). That land is so perfectly themed.
It really is! I want to go back there so badly! :car: Dug and I actually had a chat after watching Cars 1 again (before we went to see Cars 3) and we were thinking how cool it would be to take a Route 66 driving trip before going to Disneyland. Unlikely to happen soon, but it's on the radar. :thumbsup2

I haven't been on Mater's ride yet (mostly I've gone to DCA solo & looks like it is more fun with a companion. My only friend who has gone to DCA with me so far has issues with spinning rides, so we skipped it). Your photos convinced me to give it a try with my husband. I think we might like it.
I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Seemed more fun than most spinning rides. And it's a cute theme. I really liked it at night too - the music and lights add to the ambiance. It's like being at a tractor party. :rotfl:

Did Izzy get to try Heimlich's Chew Chew Train when she was in Bug's Land? That is actually one of my favorite rides at DCA, I go on it at least once per day I'm in that park!
Indeed - next update, actually! Well, and the one after that too. :laughing: Another cute one.

Can't wait to hear what happened next!
Coming up!

LOVE seeing Cars Land. It's really one of the biggest draws to Disneyland for me, even though I also would love to spend time in Walt's original park. If only I wasn't so enamored by the World...
Haha, I know, so many places to go! If we didn't have WDW AP's and a free 6-night WDW value resort stay, our October trip would be Disneyland instead of WDW. But, you know, Pandora and some other new things are open now, so we'll deal. :rotfl: And maybe find some way to get to Cars Land again. Dug's cousin is getting married in the LA area in late 2018 (just found this out), so maybe then. :scratchin

Izzy looks like she was having a great time in Bug's Land, and those Photopass pictures are great!
Thanks! They had such fun Photopass set-ups for the 60th anniversary!

Also caught up on the first page of your old report- darn that lady in the restaurant slamming teachers. :(
I know!! I actually thought of you as I was fixing that update and saw that part!

How fun to go straight to the Magic Kingdom! So funny that Magic Bands weren't a thing then! (And Paper Fast Passes were!)
Do you have APs now? You and I could drive to Iowa and get this party started! ;)
It was such a crazy night - arriving at like midnight to the MK! :faint:

Um, yes, I do have an AP....this is a dangerous suggestion...:rotfl2: I have to admit that I've almost jumped on two Sun Country Wing-it deals to MCO recently. I have been dealing with issues related to my mom's brain injury for the last 6 months and I am BURNED OUT and desperately wanting to get away and recharge - and with an AP, seems like WDW could be a wise choice. :rolleyes1 But, I don't know. I have to stick this out for now, until my mom doesn't need me as much and I can run away. :tiptoe: But, you know, if you showed up and shoved me into your "minnie van" and made me go...:confused3 ::yes:: :laughing:

I know everyone out in CA didn't want to get ride of the old fastpass system. But I don't miss trekking across the park to get a FP and then trek back because it isn't good for awhile.
The trekking is a pain, but I really felt like we were able to make good use of the old system. Plus, you know, we may have found a few valuable things on the ground that wouldn't be possible without a paper system. :rolleyes1

So cool to see wee ones enjoying Bug's Land. With our kiddos grown we usually just breeze by there.
It's such a cute little land! We enjoyed it much more than we thought. Though, it helped that it was early and not terribly crowded yet.

And Mater's ride looks like a bunch of fun too. We are looking forward to riding it and Luigi's along with RSR of course. So one last trip on the "old" Soarin' aye? I will miss the orange smell over the orchards but am looking forward to the new one!
Mater's was fun, but Luigi's wasn't in operation during our trip. RSR is amazing! (I have always loved Test Track, so this was like that plussed up big time). I actually really miss the orange smell - and I don't even like oranges! :rotfl: The new one is cool, but I would love if they still offered the old one sometimes for nostalgia. And I'd love for Izzy to have seen it - she used to fall asleep to the old soundtrack as a baby. :cloud9:

Good luck with the continued TR revamps post Photobucket :thumbsup2
Thanks - I'll need it! pixiedust:

Awesome updates!!! And Izzy looked like she was having a blast the whole time! :cutie:
Thanks - she was having a great day! We all were! :goodvibes

Monsters, Bugs, and a Tower

It worked out well for Dug and Izzy to hit A Bug’s Land early in the morning, as they were able to get on the rides after only one rotation (I think most of them tend to be slow loaders/low capacity). This was where they headed next:

As they boogied, I made my way out of Soarin’, with a goal of getting a Tower of Terror Fast Pass next:

Guess who I spotted riding the trolley? ::MickeyMo

While I was wandering around the unfamiliar park, Dug and Izzy moved on to another buggy ride:

Unfortunately, they weren’t able to ride this one together, as there is a shared lap bar and large Dug + small Izzy was not allowed. :sad1: They did give them a pass to come back later, though (so I could take Izzy, I guess).

Now, if you know me, you realize I don’t really have a sense of direction. I can get lost rather easily. :confused: And, even if I’m not lost, I might think I am…like I was feeling on my journey to get those ToT FP. And, when you’re not really sure you’re on the right track, but then spot a must-do ride with almost no wait…well, you’ve just got to go in solo, despite wanting to take the whole family, right? ::yes:: Okay, I don’t know what you’d do, but that’s what I did:

Can you guess where I’m headed? Monstropolis:

Such a cute ride! Loved it and I was glad I took my little detour to ride this. It was a pretty much a walk-on, so didn’t take much time at all. And, the best part? I took some video of Roz at the end and she talked to me! :earseek:

After exiting the ride, I looked around the bend and I realized I was actually on the right track for ToT :laughing: and continued on my assignment to obtain a FP:

Success:

It was about 10:55am when I obtained that, so not too far out at all.

I made my way back to find Dug and Izzy as they waited to ride this:

Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train – pretty cute!

My phone was almost out of power, but I managed to locate the stroller and plug into the portable charger while they were riding. After the train, we all went over to the bumper bugs to ride with that pass they had given Dug – I went with Izzy and Dug took his own:

Izzy refused to drive, but we all enjoyed ourselves.

I told Dug that Monster’s Inc. didn’t have much of a wait, so we headed that way next:

Unfortunately, the wait had shot up quite a bit and we must have been in line for at least 20 minutes. :sad2: I kept stammering, “Uh, I just walked right past this part of the queue a few minutes ago, why are we standing here now? :confused3 Where did everyone come from?” So strange to see how fast those lines build if you don’t hit them just right. :headache: We eventually made it on the ride and all enjoyed it, though. Glad I got the bonus ride.

Up next, that Tower of Terror Fast Pass was valid, so I went off to use it and get a Rider Swap for Dug:

He apparently saw some Incredibles walk by from where they waited:

I enjoyed ToT, especially because of the completely different view when you peek out from a high window. I LOVED seeing mountains! So different than in Florida! Otherwise, the WDW ride itself is better (moves in vs. just up/down), but I got a kick out of the novel/different things at Disneyland after getting so used to the way WDW is. I’m really interested to try the new Guardians of the Galaxy version, though. Again, something different could be fun (it was the regular version during our trip).

As usual, I am the most boring person in the ride photo:

We traded off and Dug rode next:

While he was doing that, Izzy and I headed back to get in a few more Bug’s Land rides together.

Up next: Uh, more bugs? And a small photo shoot before lunch.

Last edited:
We never do anything interesting for the photos.. DH started to this past trip, but other than the rides where it's a drop, I never know where the camera is...

Bugs land looks cute and perfect for little kids. Although, sounds like it will be going away.

Um, yes, I do have an AP....this is a dangerous suggestion...:rotfl2: I have to admit that I've almost jumped on two Sun Country Wing-it deals to MCO recently. I have been dealing with issues related to my mom's brain injury for the last 6 months and I am BURNED OUT and desperately wanting to get away and recharge - and with an AP, seems like WDW could be a wise choice. :rolleyes1 But, I don't know. I have to stick this out for now, until my mom doesn't need me as much and I can run away. :tiptoe: But, you know, if you showed up and shoved me into your "minnie van" and made me go...:confused3 ::yes:: :laughing:

Ah- I'm sorry things have been rough lately. I hope she's doing better soon. My husband and I are laughing that they are calling our Traverse a Minnie Van. I seriously just need the while polka dots, and I'd be stylin'!
This AP is burning a hole in my pocket, and if I could find a good flight, I'd be outta here!

You get in a lot of walking searching for those FPs! Glad everyone got to ride Monsters, Inc. - it may be going away with the Marvel expansion and cool that Roz spoke to you. It looked like fun time for all, especially in Bug's land. And I agree, the WDW version of ToT is better with the ride-thru portion, and I'm glad it will stay classic. I rode ToT last October and got one of the "Final Checkout" t-shirts and am really looking forward to riding the GotG version.

Looking forward to reading about more adventures!

We never do anything interesting for the photos.. DH started to this past trip, but other than the rides where it's a drop, I never know where the camera is...
Yeah, I'm like you - I just don't pay enough attention to where the cameras are. I know some, but usually just smile. I am super boring. :rotfl:

Bugs land looks cute and perfect for little kids. Although, sounds like it will be going away.
It was really cute and great for the tots. I hadn't heard it was going away, but I haven't kept up on news - I would imagine they need the space for new expansions?

Ah- I'm sorry things have been rough lately. I hope she's doing better soon. My husband and I are laughing that they are calling our Traverse a Minnie Van. I seriously just need the while polka dots, and I'd be stylin'!
This AP is burning a hole in my pocket, and if I could find a good flight, I'd be outta here!
Thanks, me too. It's been a long 6 months. :faint:

Haha, you should have your Traverse custom painted. :laughing: Of course, Disney might sue you, but you'd never have trouble finding your car in a parking lot.

Yeah, you and me on the AP. If I manage to find a weekend where we don't have plans and fares are super cheap. ::yes:: (I keep thinking we should meet up around here sometime - maybe a playground or something kid-friendly - but perhaps that would be dangerous and we'd end up at MCO. :laughing:)

You get in a lot of walking searching for those FPs! Glad everyone got to ride Monsters, Inc. - it may be going away with the Marvel expansion and cool that Roz spoke to you. It looked like fun time for all, especially in Bug's land. And I agree, the WDW version of ToT is better with the ride-thru portion, and I'm glad it will stay classic. I rode ToT last October and got one of the "Final Checkout" t-shirts and am really looking forward to riding the GotG version.

Looking forward to reading about more adventures!
Yeah, gave me a chance to walk around the park a bit, so no complaints there. Huh, Monsters Inc might go away too? :eek: Izzy is scared of the theme of the "classic" ToT, so I think she might be more open to riding the new version, if we make it back to Disneyland sometime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!