I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

2018 Pre-Trip Plans

Okay, so I just decided to jump on and do a quick post about upcoming plans. Well we have two 2018 trips planned AND booked! Our first is June 3-June 7 at BRV, using DVC points. Our second is currently Oct 3-Oct 7 for the Halloween party. Tomorrow is FP day for our June trip and Friday is ADR day for our October trip! It is Spring Break here so kind of annoying that I am waking up early 2 days while on vaca (especially since AJ and Will are at my parents' house tonight) but there just may be no helping it...and I suppose it is better than doing it on a work day.

For June, we are only doing 1 park day at MK on Tuesday June 5th. So not too much to book. We are driving down Sunday, June 3rd and will do a pool afternoon and then probably will hit up Top of the World Lounge to see HEA that night. Monday will be a resort day with a breakfast at WCC, some pool time, water craft rental, and Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Tuesday is MK with a PPO at BOG and a dinner at BOG. Yes, overkill...but I had been hoping to book EMM and that isn't happening that day so a PPO it is. Will is finally tall enough for 7DMT so I want as many rides as we can on it. Wednesday will be a Disney Springs visit with lunch at Polite Pig and then dinner at Sanaa with some of Chad's friends, then campfire/marshmallow roasting/Geyser Point visiting/movie watching back at WL. Thursday will be a visit to the outlets and then driving home.

Here's a snippet of my touring plan so you can see the FPs I am going to try booking in the AM:
touring planA.png
touring planB.png

So basically 7DMT at 2 different times (2 each), Pooh (for 2), PPF (4) and Splash (2). We will be doing some passing of MBs though as Chad and Will will get to use more of the FPs than AJ and I will but I really want Will to get as many rides on 7D as he wants with neither adult having to ride alone, and I want DH and Will to get a ride on Splash.

I may try to do the DVC tour on Monday bc 1) I am interested in possibly adding on and 2) it will give us 3 extra FPs per person and we may need them just to get done what we want to on that one MK day. I think they do it at WL now anyway, so it certainly wouldn't be difficult to get done on our resort day.

Moving on to October, we are planning to drive down Wed Oct 3rd after work, taking it easy the AM of the 4th, doing the Halloween party that night, possibly doing DHS the Fri or the Saturday (if we stay through Sunday) and maybe DS and the Sleepy Hollow event at FW on Friday (if we stay through Sunday). I had initially booked us through Friday thinking we would just do the party but then added one night to do 1 park, and then added another to do Sleepy Hollow/DS. We are booked at Pop. I want to do a PPO at DHS so we can get the boys signed up easy for JTA, then either Boathouse or Homecomin' for our DS day.

Our October plans are in question though, just because I am trying to change districts and my current distrivct and both districts I am applying to all have different fall breaks. So there may be future changes, fingers crossed!

So, quick and dirty run through of our plans. I'll come back tomorrow and let you know how it goes and hopefully get started on our last park day of the TR.

Up next: Day Eight 6/10/2017 ~ DHS (part 1)

Last edited:
What a great MK day! I love the photos of DH at WCC, I'm so glad he got into it!
He really did seem to just fall in love with Disney. How did I get so lucky?

Mom to mom, I've been telling Elora if she eats her veggies she'll grow taller, and can ride "zip-a-dee-do-da" which is what she calls Splash. That kid ate a whole bowl of broccoli with yogurt dip for snack yesterday. Maybe it'll help you too!
I may very weel try this. Though Will is a much better eater than AJ already.

I love the Tree house for that view! My favorite photo of the castle is from that spot. I took it when DH and I went for our first trip together in 2012.
It truly is a magical spot and a magical view!

I'm glad you guys had such a chill fun night. I'm gonna take note from you on my own trip and try to chill. We'll see how that works for me...
I feel like we did run around a lot but then I think all my planning left us time to just chill a little bit too. We never waited in long lines, we were able to soak up the magic and change plans on the fly. But again, I really think its the pre-planning that allows for that. It seems like, from your TR, you guys accomplished that, as well.

Can't wait for the rest! Hope you and your clan are doing well!
Thank you! Same to you!

Okay, so did my FPs this morning and I had a bit of trouble. I couldn't get 7DMT for any earlier than around noon. So I had to quickly adjust our touring plan on the fly so I could get some stuff switched around. It ended up working out - we will still do Tomorrowland at RD, then we will head over to Splash via the Railroad, then HoP, the we will hit Fantasyland for PPF, IASW, Pooh for AJ and Chad and Mine Train for all of us but AJ. No big deal but it took me longer than I planned so I never made it back to bed. Oh well.

I also texted my MIL today because she is tagging along in October. I had to let her know the general plans I have made and ask if she wanted to be on the dining ADRs. I also decided on Boathouse for our DS day. Anyway...I am not sure when I will get up Friday to do them but maybe in time to call in to try to book the Sleepy Hollow event.

I'll let you know how it goes. And I am hoping to resize our photos from our last park day and then get those updates going.

Hi!!!! I am back! And all caught up on your last couple updates!

img_6426-jpg.313454

DH got a Mountain Trail Cocktail: Moonshine Whiskey, Chambord, Blackberry Brandy, and Wildberry topped with Lemonade. I had the
Moonshine Margarita: Moonshine Whiskey, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar. I think it was strong but still good.
Both of these look delish! Especially the Mountain Trail Cocktail! Yum.

Asian Togarashi Tuna Taco: with tamarind sauce and Napa cabbage slaw.
img_6427-jpg.313455
This looks amazing! And kind of not something you would think they would have at Whispering Canyon. Glad you tried something a little different for you.

Chad got called up with all the other dads to sing "I'm a Little Teapot." So funny!
Chad is a good sport!

I love your look of concentration and the fact that Will isn't even looking in the right direction.

img_6445-jpg.313475

As you can tell...he wasn't really happy about this. HAHA.
Poor AJ. Morgan doesn't really like the drop either. I drag her on though, it's such a great ride, I tell her she can deal with one drop. I am sure AJ will learn to love it as he gets older, I am sure of it.

photopass_visiting_mk_8054695323-jpeg.313477

And I just realized that the dudes in front of us had apparently removed their shirts for the photo. :confused3
Hilarious! But I guess it makes sense, they will have dry shirts after... right...

As of a couple weeks ago, Will was 39.5" tall without shoes...so send pixie dust that by June, he's 40" (with shoes).
Crocs! Get the cheap ones, I feel like they have a good 1/2" on them... And extra pair of socks.

decided to check out the Swiss Family Treehouse. It had been a long time since I had done that one and I had read somewhere on the Disboards about checking it out at night because the view at the top was worth a glance. Well, I'm here to verify that that is most definitely true!
img_6448-jpg.313558
It's a great view during the day as well. Swiss Family Treehouse is a must do for the girls.

Mercantile and bought a plush for Chad. Yes, you read that right (see the title of this TR for any clarification/explanation).
Nice! Glad to hear that Chad is DEF a lifelong Disney fan!

For June, we are only doing 1 park day at MK on Tuesday June 5th. So not too much to book
I can't believe you are sticking with 1 day. It's so hard to stick with it. But that being said, your plans sound amazingly relaxing!

Monday will be a resort day with a breakfast at WCC, some pool time, water craft rental, and Hoop Dee Doo Revue.
Perfect Wilderness Lodge day!

a dinner at BOG
Will it be the new Pre-Fix Menu when you go?

Our October plans are in question though, just because I am trying to change districts and my current distrivct and both districts I am applying to all have different fall breaks. So there may be future changes, fingers crossed!
Well, I hope you get the job you want!

No big deal but it took me longer than I planned so I never made it back to bed. Oh well.
Boo.

Hi!!!! I am back! And all caught up on your last couple updates!
Thank you. I am currently just starting over on your Sept TR because I have no idea where I was.

I love your look of concentration and the fact that Will isn't even looking in the right direction.
I know, right?? LOL

Poor AJ. Morgan doesn't really like the drop either. I drag her on though, it's such a great ride, I tell her she can deal with one drop. I am sure AJ will learn to love it as he gets older, I am sure of it.
I hope so. Once Will is tall enough for the rides, it would be nice if we could all ride together. But alas, I don't see AJ budging much.

Hilarious! But I guess it makes sense, they will have dry shirts after... right...
I didn't even think of that...lol.

Crocs! Get the cheap ones, I feel like they have a good 1/2" on them... And extra pair of socks.
They always wear Crocs and Will has some really thick soled Cars ones that light up! :)

Nice! Glad to hear that Chad is DEF a lifelong Disney fan!
Yep...I can't believe it all worked out!

I can't believe you are sticking with 1 day. It's so hard to stick with it. But that being said, your plans sound amazingly relaxing!
No one can believe we are sticking with 1 day. Believe me, I wish I had added a day. But now the money saved is just going toward October. It is sooooo much easier when you have another trip planned!

Will it be the new Pre-Fix Menu when you go?
Not yet. Change is in July...so this is our shot to experience it this way.

Well, I hope you get the job you want!
Thank you! Me, too! Even if it means changing all my October plans. Totally worth it.

They always wear Crocs and Will has some really thick soled Cars ones that light up! :)
That should work! Gwen wanted to ride Rock'n Rollercoaster in September and she was really close. Sketcher Sneakers did the trick!

Thank you. I am currently just starting over on your Sept TR because I have no idea where I was.
I wanted to send you a message but I thought that might be bad dis-board edict....

No one can believe we are sticking with 1 day. Believe me, I wish I had added a day. But now the money saved is just going toward October. It is sooooo much easier when you have another trip planned!
That def does help!

Not yet. Change is in July...so this is our shot to experience it this way.
That is good, cause I am not sure how I feel about the new pre-fix menu.

Thank you! Me, too! Even if it means changing all my October plans. Totally worth it.
I will have my fingers crossed for you!

Enjoying your report so far! I can feel your pain in having boys this age where you are trying to get them on rides and one time they like it and the next time they don't! Luckily our DS6 loves about every ride now, but it wasn't always that way! Also, great planning for your upcoming trips. I just had to make FP's this week for our summer trip!

Enjoying your report so far! I can feel your pain in having boys this age where you are trying to get them on rides and one time they like it and the next time they don't! Luckily our DS6 loves about every ride now, but it wasn't always that way! Also, great planning for your upcoming trips. I just had to make FP's this week for our summer trip!
So we must have overlapping trips?

Ok so from your PTR I think that we will both be at MK on the same day! How fun!

Also, I’ve heard about the OK teacher strike. How are you guys faring?

Looks like your June and October trips are coming along nicely. Love the idea of maximizing resort time and just chilling a bit. Novel for vacation :P

Looks like your June and October trips are coming along nicely. Love the idea of maximizing resort time and just chilling a bit. Novel for vacation :P
Not the usual for Disney, though, right? But since the room is already paid for in June due to DVC, it’s so easy just to do a (mostly) Resort only trip fairly cheap! Of course, we had other plans for the rest of our tax money but I kind of “stole” it for the October trip. Oops. Lol.

Joining in...FINALLY! A little LATE TO THE PARTY, BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER...I have loved reading about your latest trip. Your boys are adorable! We will be there in June from the 5th-7th (before the Disney portion, we are doing a few days in St Pete). Then, we will be there in October from the 7th-10th with days in St Pete before and after Disney...So, both our trips overlap a bit...:rainbow:

Joining in...FINALLY! A little LATE TO THE PARTY, BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER...I have loved reading about your latest trip. Your boys are adorable! We will be there in June from the 5th-7th (before the Disney portion, we are doing a few days in St Pete). Then, we will be there in October from the 7th-10th with days in St Pete before and after Disney...So, both our trips overlap a bit...:rainbow:
Welcome! No, it’s probably good timing so you don’t have to wait to long for all the updates! You probably noticed I am working my way through yours as well!

So exciting that we have somewhat overlapping trips! We will have to compare plans!

Welcome! No, it’s probably good timing so you don’t have to wait to long for all the updates! You probably noticed I am working my way through yours as well!

So exciting that we have somewhat overlapping trips! We will have to compare plans!

Definitely!!!8-)

I’m finally caught back up. You had a great MK day. We did Ohana for breakfast for the first time in February. The kids really enjoyed it.

Loving you short trip plans for June and October. You’re going to pack a lot of fun in there.

I’m finally caught back up. You had a great MK day. We did Ohana for breakfast for the first time in February. The kids really enjoyed it.

Loving you short trip plans for June and October. You’re going to pack a lot of fun in there.
Thanks for still reading! I need to get caught up on yours!

Ohana was great, wasn’t it? I can’t wait to get back to Disney!

Thanks for still reading! I need to get caught up on yours!

Ohana was great, wasn’t it? I can’t wait to get back to Disney!

Ohana's was good. We spent a good bit of time there. We saw most characters at the table but one character was done afterwards when you're leaving. Seems like it's different every time I read about it.

I haven't posted much on my report but Michelle started a report for our February trip. The link is in my report, or look for Blended Ohana.

Saw your post on a new SW thread today and noticed on your sig that you're returning in June. It appears that you'll be staying at the WL, my first and favorite resort as a CM nearly 22 years ago. Looks like you have your planning well under control. It's too bad you're visit is not a few weeks later during the possible DVC TSL previews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!