I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

Day Six 6/8/2017 ~ Epcot (part 1)

Hey people! I'm back! Can you believe it? Ugh. I was supposed to update this many time while on break and it just never actually happened. I was lazy...very lazy. So now, on the night before I go back to work, I am going to try to get an update in.

I actually have news about our 2018 trips...but I will hold off and just go with the update tonight and do a PTR type update another day.

By the way, Go Dawgs! My team is going to the National Championship! Wahoo!

Okay, to the update. This was Thursday and we were headed to Epcot. This time we actually drove. You may remember on Monday, we had taken the bus, but because of the events of that day, we decided to start driving to the parks (other than MK). Again, I think we were sort of on time, but most of you know that early is better than on time, so I'm not sure exactly what time we got in but I know we immediately went to the Character Spot to use our first FP. I do know we had to wait in line a few minutes plus the time it took us to get over there and park the stroller. Anyway, the first photo I have is at 9:40am. And here goes the photo overload from there. First up was the main mouse, Mickey:
IMG_6376.JPG
IMG_6378.JPG
IMG_6379.JPG
Obviously the boys loved this meet - but is there any they haven't?? LOL
402671971688 edit.jpg
Goofster was next:
IMG_6382.JPG
IMG_6383.JPG
IMG_6384.JPG
I mean, if I ever had any doubt about Disney, all I ever had to do is look at my boys with these characters!
403009200068 edit.jpg
We all got in on the action!

Then next up was my gal pal, Minnie:
IMG_6386.JPG
IMG_6387.JPG

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
Day Six 6/8/2017 ~ Epcot (part 1) con't

More with Minnie:
IMG_6388.JPG
IMG_6389.JPG
They are just so happy! And then one with all of us:
402671704046 edit.jpg

So another successful meet!

From there we headed to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. We rode our clam shells down into the ocean and I think we explored a bit. I thought I had photos but I think Chad ended up with them on his phone, maybe. I know that fairly quickly, we went over and got in line for Turtle Talk. I had booked us a FP but when we had eaten breakfast at Garden Grill on Monday, Ryan, our server, had given us complimentary FPs to use for TT, so I think I ended up changing our booked one to the clam shell ride....though it probably wasn't very necessary.

Once inside TT, AJ sat on the floor with several of the other children and even got to talk to Crush! So cool. This was actually the first time we had ever done this. I would definitely do it again.

After this, we finished up at The Seas. It was around 11, which was about an hour later than I had planned for it to be, but no big thing. We hit up a cart for a popcorn refill and Chad a beer. About this time, we caught something that I was hoping we would get a chance to see:
IMG_6391.JPG
Muppets!! So fun! And I am just so glad that we were able to do all the Muppet stuff this trip, being that Chad really likes the Muppets a lot.

From here we went to Club Cool. I had to have Chad taste the Beverly, right? It is like a rite of passage! We also tasted a bunch of the other flavors and I think AJ bought a Sprite lip balm and maybe we got something else because the bill says $11 but ya know, the lip balm may very well have been $11....as much as that hurts to say.

After this, we finally made our way back to World Showcase where I had plans for us to hit up Boulangerie Patisserie for some food.

The boys, of course, wanted peanut butter, but I also got them a Chocolate Chip cookie:
IMG_6392.JPG
which I think they picked the chips out of and that's all they ate...lol.

I ended up getting a bacon and cheese roll - and btw, there were just so many choices, I had a hard time in here:
IMG_6393.JPG
And also, I have no idea why the photo is upside down because even though it was initially upside down, I edited it so that it wasn't but when I uploaded it, it came out upside down. I also got a Mimosa and a Macaron:IMG_6395.JPG
Yum, yum, yum!

Chad got the Jambon Beurre - Ham and Cheese, Dijon Mustard Butter on a Demi Baguette. He claimed it was just ok...the bread was hard and the sandwich was nothing special:
IMG_6394.JPG
And again, another upside down image. Ugh. Oh well...you guys get the drift.

All in all, I thought it was fairly good and would love to go back and try some more items.

All the while that we had been in the restaurant, it had been raining. And we were running late on our plans. So I knew we were going to have to forgo the American Adventure, but to be honest, I didn't know if Will would sit through it anyway, and Chad was okay with us skipping it, even though he is very much into American History.

So we got our ponchos on and headed out. But not before I stopped to get us something I had been really looking forward to:
IMG_6396.JPG
And yes, we got both a Lemon and Orange slush. However, we really didn't get to enjoy these at all, because the bottom fell out and it was pouring! We were searching for cover and finally stopped at the American Pavilion. I think we had both lost half of our slushes...while running and while pushing the stroller. So I think I need a do over...lol.

Okay, I am going to stop there and when I come back, I will finish up our early afternoon on a Frozen boat ride, some margaritas, and the rest of our Epcot evening.

Up next: Day Six 6/8/2017 ~ Epcot (part 2)

Last edited:
I ended up getting a bacon and cheese roll - and btw, there were just so many choices, I had a hard time in here

That looks delicious!

Chad got the Jambon Beurre - Ham and Cheese, Dijon Mustard Butter on a Demi Baguette. He claimed it was just ok...the bread was hard and the sandwich was nothing specia

I got a similar sandwich from Les Halles once, and it was awful :confused3 I definitely wish I went with your pick.

img_6389-jpg.291838

They are just so happy! And then one with all of us:
They do just look so happy! I love those kinds of pics!

Actually, you ALL look so happy!

the lip balm may very well have been $11....as much as that hurts to say.
Ha. $11 Lipbalm. I feel like it is totally possible, because you would not pay attention to how much a little small lip balm costs... Until it is too late.

img_6395-jpg.291844

Yum, yum, yum!
I made the mistake of sharing this... So good!

img_6394-jpg.291843

And again, another upside down image. Ugh. Oh well...you guys get the drift.
Isn't funny that a picture of a sandwich upside down is disorienting... I have heard people on other trip reports say how they love this sandwich and it always sounds kind of dry to me.

img_6396-jpg.291845

And yes, we got both a Lemon and Orange slush. However, we really didn't get to enjoy these at all, because the bottom fell out and it was pouring! We were searching for cover and finally stopped at the American Pavilion. I think we had both lost half of our slushes...while running and while pushing the stroller. So I think I need a do over...lol.
I might "need" to try both next time, you know, to decide which I really like better. That is sad that you lost half of both in transit. Super sad...

Love the pictures of the boys with the characters, they do look so happy!!

I got the same sandwich as Chad back in August and agree with him, just ok. Hard bread and the sandwich itself was very dry, not the best thing I've had there but that won't stop me from going back :) Plus I haven't tried that macaron yet so that needs to be remedied!

Awww, your boys just continue to have the cutest pics with the characters!!! Love it!

Nothing like navigating through the rain with a stroller, ugh! I'm glad to be past strollers with my kiddos, but there's really no dodging the rainy weather at some point when June is the only time we ever visit WDW. That's a huge bonus to visiting DL in the summer, it almost never rains then! Speaking of, you really need to get those boys out west so they can experience CarsLand. :-) (I know you already know this. ;))

I actually have news about our 2018 trips...but I will hold off and just go with the update tonight and do a PTR type update another day.

Can't wait to hear what your plans are! This is the time of year that we always book and we just made reservations for June 7-14, so excited!!!

Hey people! I'm back! Can you believe it? Ugh. I was supposed to update this many time while on break and it just never actually happened. I was lazy...very lazy. So now, on the night before I go back to work, I am going to try to get an update in.
It sounds like you and I had the same break. I had all the best intentions in the world, but when people work as hard as us and lazy is an option....No brainer!!!! Hope you enjoyed as much as I did

Congrats on the GA win and good luck against Bama. I, like the rest of the country, am very sick of them so I'll be routing right along with you

402671704046-edit-jpg.291836

So another successful meet!
All of these pictures are just priceless!

img_6391-jpg.291839

Muppets!! So fun! And I am just so glad that we were able to do all the Muppet stuff this trip, being that Chad really likes the Muppets a lot.
I had no idea they did this. What were they doing just driving around Epcot? I'd love to see it

From here we went to Club Cool. I had to have Chad taste the Beverly, right? It is like a rite of passage! We also tasted a bunch of the other flavors and I think AJ bought a Sprite lip balm and maybe we got something else because the bill says $11 but ya know, the lip balm may very well have been $11....as much as that hurts to say.
So inquiring minds want to know, what did Chad think of the Beverly?????

I ended up getting a bacon and cheese roll - and btw, there were just so many choices, I had a hard time in here:
img_6393-jpg.291842
This has been on my must try list for years and I still haven't been able to ever try it. Looks amazing!

img_6396-jpg.291845

Oh no, that is alcohol abuse right there!!!!! Do over is definitely in order.

Congrats! I'll be pulling for the Dawgs tomorrow night. So happy they made it in. We watched the game and it was a nail bitter.

Obviously the boys loved this meet - but is there any they haven't?? LOL

Your boys really do enjoy the Character meets. Enjoy it while you can. Hopefully they won't get to old for characters like my kids did.

Once inside TT, AJ sat on the floor with several of the other children and even got to talk to Crush! So cool.

So happy he got this chance.

About this time, we caught something that I was hoping we would get a chance to see:
img_6391-jpg.291839

Very cool! I would love to see this.

All in all, I thought it was fairly good and would love to go back and try some more items.

I got a snack her in May but can't remember what I got. So many choices.

Love the Orange slush. You absolutely need a do over.

All caught up! I still haven't made it to ROL, but your experience sounds horrible. I hate when I am crammed in so close to people that our bodies touch, so I know what you mean about that ruining the experience for you :crazy2:

That sandwich Chad got at Boulangerie is my absolute favorite, but I get it heated so all the cheese gets melty…yum! Tell him to get it heated next time!

HI! I totally disappeared and have been meaning to come back, but ya know, life!

Epcot is looking sup r fun so far! Glad you guys liked Crush and got to see the mUppets!

That Grand Marnier slushy is the knees! Love those things!

Hoping to stick around, and meaning to update my TR, just life!!

Hope all is well!

About this time, we caught something that I was hoping we would get a chance to see:
img_6391-jpg.291839
I hoped all during my trip to catch fun street entertainment like this and I never really did. Boo. But this is so cute and fun looking, I'm glad you were able to see it.

I ended up getting a bacon and cheese roll
Yum. I love the Boulangerie in France. Almost everything in there is a snack credit and so good and fresh and big! A great value, for sure. Your pictures look delicious.

They do just look so happy! I love those kinds of pics!
Just pure joy! I hope it lasts a long time!

Actually, you ALL look so happy!
Thank you! It truly is our happy place!

That is sad that you lost half of both in transit. Super sad...
Depressingly so!

Love the pictures of the boys with the characters, they do look so happy!!
They really do enjoy the meets. I hope it lasts for awhile.

I got the same sandwich as Chad back in August and agree with him, just ok. Hard bread and the sandwich itself was very dry, not the best thing I've had there
Yes, hard bread and dry were his words, too.

Plus I haven't tried that macaron yet so that needs to be remedied!
You definitely need to get one of those!

Bummer yes you need a do over.
For sure!

Speaking of, you really need to get those boys out west so they can experience CarsLand. :-) (I know you already know this. ;))
I know, right?? I have our trips planned out through 2020...so I have to figure out when we can get out there!

Can't wait to hear what your plans are! This is the time of year that we always book and we just made reservations for June 7-14, so excited!!!
Yay! This year is a short trip so not too many plans but still excited to get there! Unfortunately we leave the 7th. :(

It sounds like you and I had the same break. I had all the best intentions in the world, but when people work as hard as us and lazy is an option....No brainer!!!! Hope you enjoyed as much as I did
I really love to laze around...but rarely get the chance. So yep, I am going to do it when I can! :)

Congrats on the GA win and good luck against Bama
Boo hoo.....

I had no idea they did this. What were they doing just driving around Epcot? I'd love to see it
I think they stick to the area behind SSE. Its called the Muppet something Lab I think. I found out about it on the boards but we totally lucked into seeing it.

So inquiring minds want to know, what did Chad think of the Beverly?????
:rotfl2:

Oh no, that is alcohol abuse right there!!!!! Do over is definitely in order.
No doubt!

I'll try and look for it.
Let me know if you find it!

Congrats! I'll be pulling for the Dawgs tomorrow night.
Boo hoo....

Your boys really do enjoy the Character meets. Enjoy it while you can. Hopefully they won't get to old for characters like my kids did.
They really do. Yes, I'm worried about how long they will enjoy them.

I got a snack her in May but can't remember what I got. So many choices.
It was so hard for me to choose!

Love the Orange slush. You absolutely need a do over.
For sure!

All caught up! I still haven't made it to ROL, but your experience sounds horrible. I hate when I am crammed in so close to people that our bodies touch, so I know what you mean about that ruining the experience for you :crazy2:
I really think I would have enjoyed it so much more if I had had room in my seat.

That sandwich Chad got at Boulangerie is my absolute favorite, but I get it heated so all the cheese gets melty…yum! Tell him to get it heated next time!
Oh...I'm sure that would have helped....I don't think they offered that and I didn't even know to ask.

HI! I totally disappeared and have been meaning to come back, but ya know, life!
Oh I have been disappearing on and off since school started!

Hoping to stick around, and meaning to update my TR, just life!!
I need to catch up on yours, I'm sure!

Yum. I love the Boulangerie in France. Almost everything in there is a snack credit and so good and fresh and big! A great value, for sure. Your pictures look delicious.
Thank you! Yes, we definitely need to go back!

Day Six 6/8/2017 ~ Epcot (part 2)

So last I left you, we were fairly waterlogged. I think it slacked up enough for us to head out, so off to Norway we went. In 2016, Frozen opened a few days after we left, I think, so of course, we missed it. Wasn't really a huge deal. I like the movie, mostly because it isn't a traditional prince saves princess movie (though I like those, too). My boys don't really have too much interest though they watch occasionally if its on the TV. I may have mentioned that I do like the trend Disney has been on lately with the female heroines.

Anyway, moving on. We took the boat ride and it was fine but nothing spectacular so I see us skipping this on most, if not all, upcoming trips. After this we headed over to Mexico. I had planned for us to ride Gran Fiesta at this time but I am fairly certain we were running kind of late for our break, and Chad had plans during our break, so I think only I went into the pavilion and got us a couple margaritas from La Cava. The line really wasn't that long and I was surprised just from what I have read here. I was able to go right up to the bar but I did have to wait a little bit from that point.

It was hard to pick. Lots of choices plus I'm kind of picky. I ended up with a Blood Orange and a Guava. I honestly don't know if Chad and I shared both or what, but boy, those babies are strong! Chad I think, wimped out on his though I could be mis-remembering. In any case, I wasn't blown away but I will definitely continue to try the different options!

After this we headed out. Chad dropped us off at WL and he took off to meet up with some online cigar friends. He is the producer of a cigar show so he got into smoking cigars - PUKE - but he does it down in his man cave and has a very nice ventilation type system set up, so I never smell it. Anyway, there was a cigar shop about 15 or so minutes away from Disney so he spent some time there.

I really want to say that I took the boys down to the pool myself, though that sounds really crazy to me right now. I think they were begging and it was just easier to do that than to entertain them in the room. I'm sure we stayed in the Splash Pad area and I didn't have any pool drinks because I couldn't go get them and I was by myself.

After awhile, we went back up and took showers and waited on Daddy to return. Once he was back, we gathered everything and headed back out to Epcot. We had reservation for Via Napoli at 6:20. It was quite the walk from the Epcot parking lot...but we made it. I'm fairly certain Will was sleeping so I had to carry him in and he sat on my lap part of the meal. I, unfortunately, don't have many photos but I do have these:
IMG_6397.JPG
Rossini - strawberry puree, prosecco sparkling wine. I hate to say it, but this was just meh. I should have went with something else and I had other things marked to try so I'm not really sure what happened.

IMG_6398.JPG
Chad got a beer flight. No idea on the particulars though.

I got the Quattro Formaggi (individual) - white pizza: mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone - and it was excellent! Great pizza. I even took some with me to go but for some reason, I ended up having to throw it out. I may have forgotten it in the car or something.

Chad got the Vitello Parmigiana - veal: traditional preparation with tomato sauce, parmesan, and mozzarella served with roasted potatoes. He really enjoyed his meal as well and claims Via Napoli one of his favorites of the trip.

The only other thing on the receipt is a soda...I'm sure for AJ, so the boys obviously had peanut butter again! I mean, now that the DDP includes alcohol, I have considered using it, but not if these boys aren't going to eat anything!

In any case, the adults enjoyed the meal so we will definitely be back here at some point.

Okay, so I know that was a very short update and I only had 2 photos, but it honestly took me almost an hour to get through because I have kids and a husband hanging around here distracting me. I need to go pack lunches for tomorrow so I'm going to stop at this point. Thanks for hanging in with me!

Next up: Day Six 6/8/2017 ~ Epcot (part 3)

Last edited:
Because my update was so short on photos, I figured I would post some of new Disney things I have gotten over the last several months. If you are my FB friend, you probably already have seen most, if not all, of this.

New shirts:
bad girls.JPG
No clue why this one is sideways because it isn't sideways in the folder it is saved in.

park icons.JPG

rey shirt.JPG

shirts.JPG

I got a bunch of buttons and some magic band decals on Black Friday:
buttons.JPG
I already had the Princess Leia one but it went missing at Disney this past June so I needed to replace it.

More ears:
IMG_0960.JPG
Not sure why the photo is so small but I hope you can make it out. Its a Villains one and a Little Mermaid one.

Here's one of my new purses:
purse.JPG
Its a Harvey's. Love their bags. I got it around Halloween time. I also recently got a new (to me) Mickey Camo one but I haven't even taken any photos of it yet.

Last photo is when Chad and I finally made it to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
rey.JPG
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit though I like The Force Awakens more.

That's it for now!

I may have mentioned that I do like the trend Disney has been on lately with the female heroines.
We just had a whole conversation about this! We ended up ranking the princesses from the lamest :cough: :cough: Snow White to the coolest! Morgan being my kid made sheets and made the whole family fill out there rankings and we crowned a winner!

Chad got the Vitello Parmigiana - veal: traditional preparation with tomato sauce, parmesan, and mozzarella served with roasted potatoes. He really enjoyed his meal as well ans claims Via Napoli one of his favorites of the trip.
I really like Via Napoli! I have it as one of the few reservations for our trip in a couple weeks. I am thinking we can share a big pizza for the whole family?

rey-jpg.295389

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit though I like The Force Awakens more.
I was wondering if you liked it! I liked it more than Andy did. I think since he is a hard core fan, he was more critical.

purse-jpg.295387

Its a Harvey's. Love their bags. I got it around Halloween time. I also recently got a new (to me) Mickey Camo one but I haven't even taken any photos of it yet.
What is this Harvey's bags you speak of?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!