I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

I can't believe you've been and are back already. Great introductions with some fabulous photos. I see you got the photo with the boys out the stroller. I missed the start on Thursday - I was either reading through pupil reports or had gone to bed. I'm looking forward to reading your TR.

I am joining in! As someone who was VERY reluctant to go to Disney at all the first time, I understand how your DH felt. Now I am a card carrying cult member, lol and am about to go on my 6th trip (2nd solo) in 8 years and I LOVE it!!!!!!

I can't believe you've been and are back already. Great introductions with some fabulous photos. I see you got the photo with the boys out the stroller. I missed the start on Thursday - I was either reading through pupil reports or had gone to bed. I'm looking forward to reading your TR.
Yep, no photos in the stroller this year! Thank you so much for joining in. I need to catch up on yours!

Ready to hear all about it! :)
Thank you!

I am joining in! As someone who was VERY reluctant to go to Disney at all the first time, I understand how your DH felt. Now I am a card carrying cult member, lol and am about to go on my 6th trip (2nd solo) in 8 years and I LOVE it!!!!!!
Yay! I hope he is as hooked as you are!

I'm here! I'm too lazy for my own report... so I will relive my trip through you!
HAHA. Well, if you change your mind, let me know, because I will read it! Thanks for joining!

Joining in too! Love reading trip reports especially when a family member is "converted" :)
You don't even know how happy I am that my evil plan worked...lol. Thanks for joining in!

Following along!
Thank you!

Following! I remember reading your TR from last year back when I was just a lurker :)
Thanks for reading last year's report, even as a lurker, and thanks for coming over to this one!

Okay friends, I am hoping to churn out an update this evening!

Day One 6/3/2017 ~ Travel & Arrival

Okay, Disers, let me try to get the trip report under way! However, before I start, I wanted to say that even though it is around 713 days away, I have very seriously already started to plan our 2019 trip. Hopefully we will have found our perfect DVC resale contract for Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge by then. We had tossed around the idea of trying for Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas, but I had been thinking about how I want to stay at WL again, after all the construction is done and the walls down. So I was talking with the family and showing them photos of the BWV and BCV pools and slides and DH popped out with, "I think I would rather stay at WL again." So it seems we are in agreement. And I figure for the next trip (2020) we will want to try for a Epcot/DHS resort because both Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land will be open. I also have a TS list working and a tentative park schedule going. Yes, I have it bad. But don't we all around here?? :)

Okay, so onto the report. I had planned to go to bed on Friday night around 10pm and get up Saturday morning at 4am. But I know I didn't go to bed until 11 or so. I think I took a melatonin to help me sleep and I think I set the alarm for 4:15 or 4:30. I slept okay, which was shocking, but I was up right away when the alarm went off. I went downstairs and had some coffee to wake up. I checked Facebook and the Dis and then headed up to take a shower. We had mostly packed the car the night before but obviously we still had some things to pack that day. So after I got ready and Chad woke up and got ready, we finished that up and woke up the boys. I was hoping to be on the by 6am and it ended up being 7...which, in the end, wasn't that horrible, but I had hoped it wasn't setting a precedence for the trip.

A few photos before we took off:
walt life.jpg

AJ.jpg

will.jpg

us.jpg

Honestly, the ride was uneventful. No really bad traffic or really bad weather, though there were a few spots here and there. We stopped for lunch at a McDonald's in Lake City (no where near what I would choose but the boys requested it so I went with it). We had to go to Walmart first because Chad forgot his bathing suit so I dropped him off and the boys and I waited in the car. The boys kind of bellyached to get out but we were about to get out for lunch and we had stopped every couple of hours so we could all stretch our legs. Lunch was fine though it was really busy around the area, so I wouldn't recommend this as a quick stop to anyone, and I will have to work on a different place for next trip.

I made really good time driving and I think we ended up on property around 2:30 or so, maybe 3 at the latest, and saw this beauty:

main gate.jpg

A few minutes later, we were driving under this sign, to get to the Magic Kingdom resort area:
mk gate.jpg

I had gotten the email and text about our room while we had stopped in Lake City and I knew we had not gotten a room on the Bay Lake side. We did get one near the elevators and on a higher (4th) floor, but I knew I wanted to ask if they had anything on the Bay Lake side for us. In retrospect maybe I should've only put that in for a request but I don't know if they would have had anything for us anyway.

Regardless, we went to the desk first thing when arriving so I could ask for that, as well as a late check out. The CMs there were very nice, but unfortunately, could not help us out. My dreams of watching the EWP from the room were slowly dissipating but in the end, the room location was fine and never a problem.

Next we went into the Mercantile and looked around a few minutes. I got us two mugs and then we headed out to the room. I didn't make it over to Territory Lounge for a drink but that was a blessing in disguise bc later on I found out they don't start serving drinks until 4:30.

We got to the room and called for bell services. We had to wait about 20-30 minutes maybe. In retrospect, I should've packed a small suitcase with bathing suits because we could've went ahead and changed while waiting, but it didn't take that long before they came with all our bags and we put a few things away and got ready for some pool time.

Okay, I will stop here as I have quite a bit more to tell about our arrival evening and right now I need to go bathe the boys. We all have to go to bed at a fairly decent hour tonight (and the next few days) because I have a class I am taking for four days this week and I have to be there at 8:30, while Chad will have to take the boys over to my parents' house to stay. So no staying up til 10 for the boys and 1am for me, as per usual this summer break thus far! LOL

Thanks, in advance, for reading!

Up next: Day One 6/3/2017 ~ Pool Time and Disney Springs

Last edited:
We could hear the EP every night from BLT but from our room we had to lean WAY out and we could sorta see one float- haha! I thought about going down to the pool to watch one night but it never happened. Love your WDW sign picture. It was POURING when we drove under it so I didn't even try!

I'm signing on for this TR! Can't wait to hear about all of the fun you guys had! Sounds like the drive was fairly uneventful and quick which are good things. Excited to hear more!

Super funny that Chad wanted WL again; my DH chose the same! I agree 100% on the upcoming trips, Epcot area will be a great location come 2020!

Travel day is progressing nicely it seems. Sorry about the room. I generally skip online check in and take my chances with a CM once we arrive. I've had decent luck with it thus far. We'll see if it continues in September.

You caught me with your title! I am glad you were able to help your hubby find his Disney side on this trip! Unfortunately, my own hubby does not get my obsession with WDW and Disney. He will go with me and the kids but he prefers to just stay for a few days.

So, I will be following along on your TR to see if I can find additional ways to get my hubby to hop aboard the Disney Express.

I made it to your TR! I'm so excited to read along and hear all about your adventures with your two boys and husband. It's funny, I am actually considering a name for my TR that is centered around my DH's growing love of Disney. Still haven't settled on a title yet though.

So far things are looking good. I know you foreshadowed that the first day was a bit bumpy so I'm scared for you to see what it coming next but the fact that you said it's all good after that is comforting. Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

I'm going to come back and reply individually when I get a chance but this class I am taking this week is causing me two issues. First, I have 3 homework assignments and they have to be done by Thursday. Ugh. They are lengthy BS type assignments, too. Second, my work laptop is so funky. I can't get it to connect at my house right after it has been connected to our district's internet. It will connect after I've taken it to Disney (both last year and this year...it must be magic...lol) and it connects at Disney no problem but after taking it to my school or the school that I'm taking this class at, it won't connect at my house. Ugh, ugh.

I still have my mom's old laptop that I can use but it's just annoying as it's older and all my photos are saved on my work laptop. Nothing is ever easy.

Anyway, I'm going to try connecting my work laptop to my parents' internet tomorrow to see if that helps but regardless, I'm shooting for an update on Thursday night after both class and all assignments are complete.

Thanks for hanging in!

Responding quickly while I have internet, as I won't again for the next couple of days. Great start! So looking forward to seeing how everything went.

Following along! It was so much fun following your PTR since our trips were pretty close. Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter