I SHOULD be doing the Happy Dance but ......

How should I handle it?

• Nothing to worry about, it's gonna be great!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Take a valium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pray

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
So we are 20 days from arrival at Beach Club and I just don't "Feel" like I think I should. I am having a real hard time worrying about this trip and there shouldn't be anything to worry about. It's a short trip for us, 12/22 through the 28th but its Christmas week! Like I said, I shouldn't worry as I think I planned everything out better than previous trips. We are staying Club level. The trip is paid in full and my Disney Chase card is paid off. We have awesome FP+ for every park and got all the headliners. We are doing the HS after hour event on the 22nd. We have great ADR's every day and even booked the Christmas Day Dinner on the 25th at Ale & Compass. We have pretty solid plans. Breakfast in the CL lounge daily, hitting the parks at opening, lunch ADR's daily, back to resort to relax and maybe back to a park at night. Maybe. We even have a small tree we are bringing and a few presents for the girls to open Christmas morning. We also have all the "Santa" gifts hid and when we arrive home, they will be under our tree. It's all planed out perfectly But the amount of stress I am feeling has me staying awake and constantly looking at our plans on MDE. This totally makes no sense and I promise I am not losing my mind. Am I?

I think it sounds like everything is planned perfectly. The stress of the Christmas season and vacation planning is stressing you out too much. Try to relax and enjoy all the upgrades you will be enjoying!
Merry Christmas and happy new year! Have a magical vacation

I know I have everything planned out and my fear is everything falling apart plus I have read so much on how crowded it will be. I keep telling myself to just relax. Merry Christmas!

We've visited at christmas (the stretch between christmas and new years). It's definitely busy. BUT it just means you need to manage your expectations. It sounds like you're a disney pro--this isn't your first time. You're prepared, everything is arranged. While you're there, account for extra time to do anything, especially transportation, dining, and queueing.

All of that said...the parks are super busy for a reason. It's the most amazing time of year to visit! There's really nothing like spending your holidays at Disney.

I know I have everything planned out and my fear is everything falling apart plus I have read so much on how crowded it will be. I keep telling myself to just relax. Merry Christmas!

Just relax. You need to RELAX. Yes, it will be crowded... so what? It's going to be great anyway! If you get anxious, just get away from the crowds, go resort hoping to see the gingerbread displays, go to the Springs or even relax at the pool.

It doesn't have to fall apart if you have the will to have a good time. Just be patient, relax and enjoy. :-)

There are people in this world who can't afford a trip like that, or can't get time off work during that time frame. Since you asked, I think you should focus on being grateful that you can do this trip.

There are people in this world who can't afford a trip like that, or can't get time off work during that time frame. Since you asked, I think you should focus on being grateful that you can do this trip.
Yeah I know. I think the anxiety has worn off and the excitement is returning. We are grateful and I know we will have a great time!

So we are 20 days from arrival at Beach Club and I just don't "Feel" like I think I should. I am having a real hard time worrying about this trip and there shouldn't be anything to worry about. It's a short trip for us, 12/22 through the 28th but its Christmas week! Like I said, I shouldn't worry as I think I planned everything out better than previous trips. We are staying Club level. The trip is paid in full and my Disney Chase card is paid off. We have awesome FP+ for every park and got all the headliners. We are doing the HS after hour event on the 22nd. We have great ADR's every day and even booked the Christmas Day Dinner on the 25th at Ale & Compass. We have pretty solid plans. Breakfast in the CL lounge daily, hitting the parks at opening, lunch ADR's daily, back to resort to relax and maybe back to a park at night. Maybe. We even have a small tree we are bringing and a few presents for the girls to open Christmas morning. We also have all the "Santa" gifts hid and when we arrive home, they will be under our tree. It's all planed out perfectly But the amount of stress I am feeling has me staying awake and constantly looking at our plans on MDE. This totally makes no sense and I promise I am not losing my mind. Am I?

Jimmy,
Our family was there also during this week. Curious your takeaway after the week. I've been at WDW during Christmas before but found this year even more crowded than normal. We still had a hell of a lot of fun but I found it a bit off for us, would never do it again. Your thoughts?

Jimmy,
Our family was there also during this week. Curious your takeaway after the week. I've been at WDW during Christmas before but found this year even more crowded than normal. We still had a hell of a lot of fun but I found it a bit off for us, would never do it again. Your thoughts?

Well, we booked Christmas week for this year lol. I was really really worried about the crowds and not getting anything done but it was awesome! Yes it was crowded but we were able to do everything we wanted and never felt as if we missed something. The weather was great, a little cold the first few days but overall great! The only time crowds were an issue in MK was on mainstreet and by Peter Pan. Frontierland was crazy but it flowed well. Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios was totally insane but still fun. Animal Kingdom was not bad at all and Epcot was easy. We walked to the International Gateway at park opening and went straight to Frozen with maybe a 15 minute wait then was able to ride Test Track standby with minimal wait because it was down but opened right after they made our fastpass a multi experience. We even park hopped a few times. On our way home we all agreed that it was one of the best trips we have taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter