I rode the new Spiderman attraction - in Pittsburgh!

pittsburghmarc

DIS Veteran
Who knew, Pittsburgh is a hot bed of themed experience testing. I guess due to Carnegie Mellon's robotics program and it's descendants. No pun intended. Hello Bei. All I can say is don't get your hopes up, Spidey fans.

Maybe it’s still in development? In other words, maybe they’ll make changes based on rider feedback.

Also, did they not make you sign some sort of NDA?

Maybe it’s still in development? In other words, maybe they’ll make changes based on rider feedback.

Also, did they not make you sign some sort of NDA?
Yes, I did sign a NDA. And nope, they aren't changing a lot. The ride system, web slinging and game play are all set. What you've already heard from Disney is true, and I think a lot of Spidey fans will be dissappointed.

I don't think Disney has really been pushing this attraction as an E-Ticket. I was figuring Avengers Campus may end up like a plussed version of EPCOT's Innoventions or the old Communicore ... ie a lot to look at and explore with interactive exhibits. The Spidey attraction might as well be a next gen 'Sum of All Thrills' type deal. I even think the Quinjet ride with just be a simulator/screen attraction. I'm OK with that, but I hope they're not getting people's hopes up that the Campus will be another Pandora or Batuu ... or is it supposed to be??

I don't think Disney has really been pushing this attraction as an E-Ticket. I was figuring Avengers Campus may end up like a plussed version of EPCOT's Innoventions or the old Communicore ... ie a lot to look at and explore with interactive exhibits. The Spidey attraction might as well be a next gen 'Sum of All Thrills' type deal. I even think the Quinjet ride with just be a simulator/screen attraction. I'm OK with that, but I hope they're not getting people's hopes up that the Campus will be another Pandora or Batuu ... or is it supposed to be??

I have a feeling it will be a Galaxy's Edge type of situation. Where the major attraction of the land will open much later than the rest. The land itself looks good overall but the Spider-Man ride definitely doesn't seem to be the major e-ticket everyone was hoping for. Have a feeling Universal will retain the superior Spider-Man attraction but this should still be fun. Just hope it's different enough from Toy Story as they are in the same park.

However I think the Avengers quinjet attraction will be a much bigger and better ride. At least have GotG: Mission Breakout in the land as well for a big thrill int he mean time though. Think once it's all done it will be a great land itself along the lines of the others

The land itself looks good overall but the Spider-Man ride definitely doesn't seem to be the major e-ticket everyone was hoping for. Have a feeling Universal will retain the superior Spider-Man attraction but this should still be fun. Just hope it's different enough from Toy Story as they are in the same park.

👆👆👆👆

I'm afraid the early iteration I rode was not significantly different than TSM. But, the cool thing is...no web slinging "device". You just throw your wrist(s) out and the webs oblige. You will have sore triceps after the ride.

why do you care?
I don’t. I never had high expectations for the ride anyways. Just saying that if he truly signed an NDA, we probably wouldn’t be hearing any of this, so take it with a grain of salt. We are on the rumors board after all!

My spidey sense is tingling. I have a vague sense of impending doom.

Oh, nevermind. It's just the corporate lawyers invoking the penalties for violation of NDA.

Most NDAs are hard to enforce when it comes to the little information the poster provided, and in this case he isnt doing any material Harm to Disney isnt releasing any specifics about the ride that Disney themselves haven't mentioned. It would be hard for Disney to actually go after him for just mentioning he rode it and wasnt impressed with it. I have also tested things for Disney tech wise and have actually seen their standard NDA it isnt some massive document.

The hidden danger for some of these agreements is the party can tie one up in court. Postponements, other delays in documents, running up legal fees can be devastating to a private party who has to hire legal representation. Even if the outcome is known!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter