I really need a Dr Atkins diet buddy, any volunteers?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
I really need a Dr Atkins diet buddy, any volunteers?

I’m starting my diet AGAIN, but this time I am determined to succeed. I have done the Atkins plan before and it really works for me, however just recently I haven’t been in the right frame of mind to stick to anything.

So I was thinking, if anyone would like to volunteer to be my diet buddy, maybe we could work together to meet our goals. We can exchange meal plans and help motivate each other when we feel we need an extra boost.

So, any volunteers……please be warned I am high maintenance, I will PM you all of the time:D

Thanks

Emma

HI Emma!

I have been trying to do the atkins too, but seem to lack the motivation to stick to it.....I'll be your buddy if you like!

Good luck you two! :D

If you have any questions or need additional support - I've been on Atkins for a couple of years now! It's a great diet - you lose weight and feel great!

Keep us posted on your progress! :Pinkbounc

I'd be interested too!! I began Atkins again today. I also walked around the lake here in town (3.3 miles). I am determined to stick to it this time. Two years ago I lost 14 lbs and felt great. Needless to say I gained it all back and some.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs. before my WDW trip in August.

Rosemary the more the merrier, you can't get too much support now can you :D i NEED to loose alot more then 20 lbs but i want to be near my goal come DISCON.
Rhonda- could you post a couple of meal plans or tips please?

Thanks

Emma

Feel Free to PM me whenever.

Here's some good tips:

Make sure you eat a good breakfast - something with protein, like a couple of hard boiled eggs. I usually boil some on Sunday night to keep for the week so I can grab them as I run out the door before work!

Try having a salad for lunch, instead of a sandwich. Lots of veggies like dark green lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, etc. Stay away from the no-fat or low-fat dressings because they have too much sugar (besides they taste horrible! )

For dinner have a fish filet, or chicken breast, or a lean piece of beef or pork, with veggies!

Make sure you snack a little during the day - on healthy things. Almonds or macadamia nuts are a good choice. I also like to snack on slices of cheese, or beef sticks. Blueberries or strawberries are good too, but not too many while you're trying to lose because of the sugar.

Make sure you take a good multi-vitamin, and if you're a woman, take extra calcium and B-complex.

Emma could you use another buddy?? Im just restarting Atkins again too and I could use a buddy. I am determined to get the weight off this time. I don't mind that your high maintainence when dieting. I love PM's and I'm kinda high maintainence myself when I'm dieting LOL. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter