~I Really Hope These Ap Rates Come Out!!~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
it really stinks ...but this trip is all riding on if these Ap rates come out! I just called again..I was told still not pending! and this time she said "they may NOT come out" that all depends on the marketing department....I cannot beleive that they would not come out at all.....this will be my 21st time there and I have never NOT gotten a AP rate.......
just needed to vent....nervous about this trip! I really need this one! :hourglass :worried:

I think AP rates will come out, but be more limited than in the past. Here is my reasoning. When I first came to these boards, mainly as a lurker, the prevailing thought was that the more people that make reservations the less the need for AP rates. So, people hesitated to make reservations because they knew AP rates would come out and the resorts were not full anyway. Now I hardly ever hear anybody say they are waiting to make reservations. The new conventional wisdom is to book what you can afford and if AP rates come out, then upgrade. This was always a thought, but now appears to be much more prevalent. The combination of tourism rebounding and the fact that more people are making reservations hoping for AP rates, but not wanting to get shut out, spells the limiting of AP rates. Of course, this is just an opinion, and not based on any hard facts or numbers. Just seems to make sense though.

Here is a thought... could you stay at a cheaper resort if the AP rates don't come out? Not sure when your trip is, but from what I am reading bookings are up this year. That means Disney has less need to give as many discounts.

This is consistent with what I am reading about tourism overall and the overall trend in airfares and hotels. (I happened on the Universal Board a few weeks ago and found a whole thread there where people were complaining that the resort discounts there were not as good as past years. Since I have never stayed there I have no idea if they were right or not!)

CarolA said:
Here is a thought... could you stay at a cheaper resort if the AP rates don't come out? Not sure when your trip is, but from what I am reading bookings are up this year. That means Disney has less need to give as many discounts.

This is consistent with what I am reading about tourism overall and the overall trend in airfares and hotels. (I happened on the Universal Board a few weeks ago and found a whole thread there where people were complaining that the resort discounts there were not as good as past years. Since I have never stayed there I have no idea if they were right or not!)

a few years back we got an awesome rate of $140 a night at Portifino Bay UNiversal, this year we thought, let's go back, the best we can do is $224 a night!! and this is at the cheaper Universal on-site resort , not the Portifino-
I agree neither Disney nor UNiversal have very good discounted rates compared to the past few years. HOWEVER, they were responding to the 9/11 travel fears. I believe those are over now and so they do not feel the need to offer large discounts. Like above posters said, many are booking first and waiting on discounts later--making the rooms fillup and Disney wondering IF they even need a discounted rate?. Let's home this new pricing isnt all they have!!

OH yeah, just be sure to be call ASAP when/if they do come out!!

goodluck to all!! :flower:

well, my second chose is going to be the CBR ...but I am going solo and I would rather stay on a "line" I did solo at CBR and I would prefer my hotel door to be inside instead of outside....
as for calling.....I call every moring at 7am!!
Heres hoping for tomorrow!!!!!!

fun & fancy......thanks...about my ticker!:shamrock:

I am a solo traveler and while I normally don't really like "outdoor" access I find it doesn't bother me at CBR. The place is well lit and with the limited access to the resort.

(Of course the worst "security" experience I ever had was at a Hilton with interior corridors where the front desk clerk gave my room number to a drunk and then wouldn't do anything about it so he wouldn't get caught! So interior corridors are not a gurantee of saftey.)

I dont have much choice if rates don't come out. I've promised my DF that we're going to POFQ for our honeymoon. I hate to spend $150 a night (i just booked because the tax return is our ticket to disney) but I missed the AAA rates of $119/night. I can't even get a water view or a king room, i just hope the CM's take care of us :rolleyes1 they normally do. We stayed just prior to christmas at ASMo last year and only paid $50 a night, knowing the upgrade in room & season difference I would hope to see $99-$119/night for a room here.
I have a AAA rate booked for next xmas trip, $107/night at POFQ just so ya know.

- Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter