I passed up my AAA discount...What would you have done?

BeccaGrace

Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad
We have room only ressies at the Poly w/ a AAA discount and decided we want to switch to WL with the dining package. Wasn't sure if I should pay rack and do it through our DU agent that we love or try out AAA. So I had AAA price it to see if the money made it worth it--the agent was VERY nice and prompt with getting a response to me but they only had Courtyard view available as of today (yesterday there was still Woods view available). The total came to $3310 which is about $220 more than without the discount. But if I go through DU they still have Woods View (which is fine for us, we would have been happy with standard) and it's only a $90 savings with switching. So I decided to (gulp) not go with the discount and stay with an agent that is super helpful and can take care of all my MVMCP ticket and PS needs and not go through the hassle of having to cancel with him to reserve with AAA...What would you have done in my situation? It makes sense to me for the reasons I listed but I have never turned down a discount in my life and it just feels odd.

you didn't turn down the discount, you turned down the upgrade. ;) You get your woods view for about the same price as the cty would of been, and you stick with your fav agent. Nothing wrong with that! :flower:

Mky princess:

Any reason your DU agent couldn't get the AAA rate for you?

mom_rules said:
Any reason your DU agent couldn't get the AAA rate for you?

Yes, because AAA discounts on packages are only available through AAA.

DU can book a AAA discounted room, but only a AAA agency can book a AAA package, you cannot even book that directly with Disney on your own.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter