Hanging up my running shoes

fancy-shoes.jpg

:eek:

Not sure I could run in those, but they'd work great with the dress!

It will give me something new to stress about after we put in for the lottery and waiting for the official announcement of participants to see if we made it. :headache:

That's what I'm thinking! Lakefront is the same day as Chicago next year, so I guess I have a backup.

As for goals . . . 50K isn't something I've considered before, given the time commitment of the long runs. So a sprint tri (again, going to highly recommend the IronGirl events!) and half marathon time improvement would be my choice! Regardless of what you choose, I'll look forward to following along to hear about your training plan and your thoughts!

That's what I'm thinking! Lakefront is the same day as Chicago next year, so I guess I have a backup.

As for goals . . . 50K isn't something I've considered before, given the time commitment of the long runs. So a sprint tri (again, going to highly recommend the IronGirl events!) and half marathon time improvement would be my choice! Regardless of what you choose, I'll look forward to following along to hear about your training plan and your thoughts!

I also felt the same regarding a 50K, but the Dopey training gets me pretty close already, so it didn't feel like too much of a jump to do it now.

Theoretically I like the idea of getting into tris, but I'm totally intimidated by them. I don't swim all that well (although I can swim) and I've never really gotten to the point that I love to cycle, so do I really want to do a tri or is it just this notion in my head that I should do it.

Culmination of marathon training
and it's going to be HOT!!! WHY? Fall, WHY??
200.gif

Tomorrow is our last really long run before our local marathon. Forecast? 65 degrees at 6 AM and likely around 80 degrees by the time we finish. It's scheduled for 26 miles which Chris will end up running, but I'm looking for an escape route around 22-23. Oh yeah, it's also supposed to be pretty windy. It'll be like running in a convection oven.

3o7bueH2IyBWEj0eLS.gif

Oh well, can't do anything about that, but try and hydrate well today and hope for the best. Our Galloway leader also asked if I'd drop back to run with a slower pace group for the half mileage as she doesn't have a leader for that group. There are only 3 running in that group, and two have run at our pace before for shorter distances. So, I think the third person will drop to the next lower pace group and we'll add the other 2 to our group and slow things down. So, we may plan on doing 1:00/:30 intervals for the first half at a more leisurely pace and then if we all feel up to it we can pick up a bit on the second half. Our group is pretty laid back, so don't think that will meet with any objections - especially with the forecast.

I do know I'll be glad to get this one behind me and look forward to an EVENTUAL cool down. Just hoping it's much better for the race in a few weeks!!

Come on FALL!!!!

giphy.gif

I also felt the same regarding a 50K, but the Dopey training gets me pretty close already, so it didn't feel like too much of a jump to do it now.

Theoretically I like the idea of getting into tris, but I'm totally intimidated by them. I don't swim all that well (although I can swim) and I've never really gotten to the point that I love to cycle, so do I really want to do a tri or is it just this notion in my head that I should do it.
It's actually @FFigawi and me in your head :)

So here's the deal...when I started doing tris I "could" swim. I thought I was decent, learned very quickly that I wasn't. Almost quit after two years because I felt so awful getting out of the water. Decided to do something about it and started swimming with a VERY informal Masters group at the local YMCA, they taught me some of the basics. That was enough to make me at least feel okay getting out of the water and I was off. If I'm honest I still have a real love/hate relationship with biking. I love it but it takes so much time. Again riding with a group would make this so much better but I just don't have a lot of opportunities to ride with people due to my schedule.

No doubt that you can do it, we've all seen you succeed at whatever you set your sights on!

Culmination of marathon training
and it's going to be HOT!!! WHY? Fall, WHY??
200.gif

Tomorrow is our last really long run before our local marathon. Forecast? 65 degrees at 6 AM and likely around 80 degrees by the time we finish. It's scheduled for 26 miles which Chris will end up running, but I'm looking for an escape route around 22-23. Oh yeah, it's also supposed to be pretty windy. It'll be like running in a convection oven.

3o7bueH2IyBWEj0eLS.gif

Oh well, can't do anything about that, but try and hydrate well today and hope for the best. Our Galloway leader also asked if I'd drop back to run with a slower pace group for the half mileage as she doesn't have a leader for that group. There are only 3 running in that group, and two have run at our pace before for shorter distances. So, I think the third person will drop to the next lower pace group and we'll add the other 2 to our group and slow things down. So, we may plan on doing 1:00/:30 intervals for the first half at a more leisurely pace and then if we all feel up to it we can pick up a bit on the second half. Our group is pretty laid back, so don't think that will meet with any objections - especially with the forecast.

I do know I'll be glad to get this one behind me and look forward to an EVENTUAL cool down. Just hoping it's much better for the race in a few weeks!!

Come on FALL!!!!

giphy.gif

Good luck with that run, yikes! I honestly don't understand why any training plan would have a 26 mile run scheduled...no thanks. Good call on the 22/23 parachute.

Oh yeah, it's also supposed to be pretty windy. It'll be like running in a convection oven.

3o7bueH2IyBWEj0eLS.gif

This made me LOL. I love Seinfeld! Also, I hope it's a cool wind, not a convection oven wind :) Have a great long run this weekend!

Also, I have no big opinions on your "what's next plants"... but I know whatever you decide, you'll do great!!!

It's actually @FFigawi and me in your head :)

angel-devil-gif.gif

You guys can decide who is the angel and who is the devil!

So here's the deal...when I started doing tris I "could" swim. I thought I was decent, learned very quickly that I wasn't. Almost quit after two years because I felt so awful getting out of the water. Decided to do something about it and started swimming with a VERY informal Masters group at the local YMCA, they taught me some of the basics. That was enough to make me at least feel okay getting out of the water and I was off. If I'm honest I still have a real love/hate relationship with biking. I love it but it takes so much time. Again riding with a group would make this so much better but I just don't have a lot of opportunities to ride with people due to my schedule.

No doubt that you can do it, we've all seen you succeed at whatever you set your sights on!

Thanks for the confidence vote! @Chris-Mo and I have talked about likely needing to do formal swimming lessons if we really want to get into tris. Chris is an even worse swimmer than me. :D Chris actually loves to cycle and I think would often choose it in favor of running. I really still just have some fear of the bike and being out on the roads. I don't feel like I have good control of myself or the equipment. I also know the only way to overcome that is to ride. So, yeah, it's a vicious cycle for me. There are some groups that ride around here. Most notably one called Taco Tuesdays that has groups that ride at different paces and they are evening rides, so really no reason we couldn't do those, but again it's an intimidation factor for me, but one I just have to force myself to get past.

Good luck with that run, yikes! I honestly don't understand why any training plan would have a 26 mile run scheduled...no thanks. Good call on the 22/23 parachute.

Galloway has such a focus on the long run and I'm acknowledging that it's really not the best way to train in terms of the mileage. I still love interval running, but think that going forward a plan to includes intervals and different mileage and paces would likely advance me more.

I'm really thinking that @roxymama and I should start our own movement of run/walk/strut and @DopeyBadger will serve as our expert for training plans! We'd get rich!!

BDfVm.jpg

I'm really thinking that @roxymama and I should start our own movement of run/walk/strut and @DopeyBadger will serve as our expert for training plans! We'd get rich!!

BDfVm.jpg

Oh wow, already thinking like a triathlete...these outfits are super-aero!

That reminds me...I bought a new aero trisuit when I was in Chattanooga. There was a booth there for a company called Tri Sirena that makes some really awesome looking kits (and other clothing as well). I really liked there stuff but it was all women-specific. I talked to the owner and she said that she could do a special order just for me as a men's kit, and that she wants my feedback on their products in case they decide to get into the men's market. Here's what I'm getting, with basically the only difference being the pink trim will be blue...tri kits are so fun, just another reason for you to get started (says the devil on your shoulder)
01-Tri-Sirena-Kona-2017-Womens-Cute-Aero-Triathlon-Top-Front_500x.jpg
01-Tri-Sirena-Kona-2017-Womens-Cute-Aero-Triathlon-Shorts-Front_500x.jpg

That reminds me...I bought a new aero trisuit when I was in Chattanooga. There was a booth there for a company called Tri Sirena that makes some really awesome looking kits (and other clothing as well). I really liked there stuff but it was all women-specific. I talked to the owner and she said that she could do a special order just for me as a men's kit, and that she wants my feedback on their products in case they decide to get into the men's market. Here's what I'm getting, with basically the only difference being the pink trim will be blue...tri kits are so fun, just another reason for you to get started (says the devil on your shoulder)

Nice!!! And, clearly, Devil, you know my weak spot! Athletic fashion!!

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!