Hanging up my running shoes

I thought I would be commenting on your accurate gif usage but then I saw that pizza and now I'm hungry. It looks amazing. How well do you think it would do if I tried to ship one to my house halfway across the country?

A+ on the GIF game here! And boo to the weather, but kudos for getting in what you could!

I don't know what's up with all the rain lately, but this week is bound to be better, right?

I thought I would be commenting on your accurate gif usage but then I saw that pizza and now I'm hungry. It looks amazing. How well do you think it would do if I tried to ship one to my house halfway across the country?

Best pizza ever. It's a total hole in the wall in this tiny little lake town, but it's awesome!

THAT PIZZA :faint: :lovestruc

I know you talked about other things but mostly I'm just like "OMGPIZZA!!!" :rotfl2:

(sorry about all of the storms!)

The lure of a good pizza is strong!!

And I shall call her, "Pinkie, the climbing turtle"
a1f36afe5a57b64d82cf6fe5fa451c2b.gif
I've mentioned before that with warmer summer temps on the way, I'm concerned about managing our longer runs in the heat. I don't do so well in the heat and Chris feels like at least part of my problem is that I don't drink enough when I run. He's probably right about that. So, for awhile I've been thinking of getting an Orange Mud Double Barrel Hydraquiver for this summer. Chris has one that he's had a couple of years and he really likes it and I've heard other good reports. So, I finally bit the bullet and purchased one. Here's the one I got -
rhpom008_1.jpg

Pink. :love:

grv0J.gif

I was so excited to get it yesterday and took it out today for our 5 mile run to give it a try.

I hated it. :sad:

First it was really awkward and uncomfortable under my arms and it was heavy. The sloshing sound right behind my head was driving me batty and I felt like I had some kind of turtle clinging to my back that was trying to climb up me every time I took a step.

giphy.gif

I tried to just ignore it, but by about mile 2 I was ready to just pull the stupid thing off and chuck it into a ditch!

42ac61b558e72f15f2b51948244da0d9.gif

Fortunately, Chris calmed me down and convinced me to just dump out the water and run with the bottles empty until we could get back to the car. So, we did that and by the time we got back to the car after 5 miles, it was bothering me far less. :rolleyes1 Now, admittedly running with empty bottles sort of defeats the purpose of Pinkie *the climbing turtle but I did decide that maybe I could try it again on our next maintenance run with the bottles half full and see if that goes better and if so, then try it again with full bottles. Maybe I just need to adapt to it. I do know that people really like these, so I feel like I should too, ya know? So, yeah, we'll see. In the meantime, I'll stick with my handheld and my belt to get me through.

I'm on the pizza train... YUM!!

We had some scary storms (tornado warnings) late last week, definitely good times to stay home!

Love pizza so much!! And, yeah it was a tough weather week.

All of these gifs filled my heart with joy!! :love: I hope your weather clears up this week!!

I do love my gifs! Thankfully the weather has been MUCH better this week.

I've mentioned before that with warmer summer temps on the way, I'm concerned about managing our longer runs in the heat. I don't do so well in the heat and Chris feels like at least part of my problem is that I don't drink enough when I run. He's probably right about that. So, for awhile I've been thinking of getting an Orange Mud Double Barrel Hydraquiver for this summer. Chris has one that he's had a couple of years and he really likes it and I've heard other good reports. So, I finally bit the bullet and purchased one. Here's the one I got -
rhpom008_1.jpg

grv0J.gif

I was so excited to get it yesterday and took it out today for our 5 mile run to give it a try.

First it was really awkward and uncomfortable under my arms and it was heavy. The sloshing sound right behind my head was driving me batty and I felt like I had some kind of turtle clinging to my back that was trying to climb up me every time I took a step.

giphy.gif

I tried to just ignore it, but by about mile 2 I was ready to just pull the stupid thing off and chuck it into a ditch!

Fortunately, Chris calmed me down and convinced me to just dump out the water and run with the bottles empty until we could get back to the car. So, we did that and by the time we got back to the car after 5 miles, it was bothering me far less. :rolleyes1 Now, admittedly running with empty bottles sort of defeats the purpose of Pinkie *the climbing turtle but I did decide that maybe I could try it again on our next maintenance run with the bottles half full and see if that goes better and if so, then try it again with full bottles. Maybe I just need to adapt to it. I do know that people really like these, so I feel like I should too, ya know? So, yeah, we'll see. In the meantime, I'll stick with my handheld and my belt to get me through.

If I was 1 month away from buying a hydration pack, I'm not like 5 years away! What you described is exactly what I fear! I can't even run with my hair in a pony tail because the swinging of it drives me to crazy. Let us know if you try it again!

I have the single barrel (same color! #twinning). I didn't get the double barrel because I thought having 2 bottles would be a.) overkill and b.) heavy. Maybe the single would be better? Can you trying running with 1 bottle and if that's better, possibly exchange it for the single (or just keep running with 1 bottle)?

Adjusting the arm straps is important. You want them tight enough that they don't rub but not TOO tight. This video (the single barrel version) was helpful for me:
https://www.orangemud.com/products/hydraquiver-db?variant=307348373

If I was 1 month away from buying a hydration pack, I'm not like 5 years away! What you described is exactly what I fear! I can't even run with my hair in a pony tail because the swinging of it drives me to crazy. Let us know if you try it again!

Yeah, I was really disappointed. I will definitely try again, and maybe I can get used to it.

I have the single barrel (same color! #twinning). I didn't get the double barrel because I thought having 2 bottles would be a.) overkill and b.) heavy. Maybe the single would be better? Can you trying running with 1 bottle and if that's better, possibly exchange it for the single (or just keep running with 1 bottle)?

Adjusting the arm straps is important. You want them tight enough that they don't rub but not TOO tight. This video (the single barrel version) was helpful for me:
https://www.orangemud.com/products/hydraquiver-db?variant=307348373

I definitely think that straps and adjustment was part of the difficulty. I need to play more with that. The other thing is that it came with these extra pads that wrap around the strap under your armpit which I thought seemed like a great idea, but I felt like I had gorilla arms that were held out from my body because of them. I left them in place, but as we were finishing the run I told Chris that it was feeling a little more comfortable. Turns out, those pads had slid out from under my arms and had moved further up the strap behind my shoulders, so I actually think I might like it better without the pads. But, then will I be fighting chaffing? Who knows? I'm going to play more with the strap adjustment and try it next time without those pads and see if that makes it more comfortable.

Yay Pink! It really is the best color for running gear.

Bummer that the first run with the Hydraquiver didn't work out well, but I really think it may just be an adjustment situation. With something like that, it always takes a while to get used to it and find the most comfortable way to wear it.

Yay Pink! It really is the best color for running gear.

Bummer that the first run with the Hydraquiver didn't work out well, but I really think it may just be an adjustment situation. With something like that, it always takes a while to get used to it and find the most comfortable way to wear it.

I love me some pink running gear! :D

I'm also hoping I just need to adjust. I can be pretty picky about how things "feel" on me, so it really shouldn't have been that big of a surprise that I didn't love it on the first try.

Me too I predominantly run in PINK!! But god, it is so frustrating when new geer, that you're excited about, just doesn't work out right. I am new Camel Back convert. I totally thought I would find it too hot and bulky running with a whole "pack", and kept trying belt after belt with no comfort or success. Finally gave in, with much reservation and tried the camel back, of course now any run over an hour and I wouldn't have anything else!!

Me too I predominantly run in PINK!! But god, it is so frustrating when new geer, that you're excited about, just doesn't work out right. I am new Camel Back convert. I totally thought I would find it too hot and bulky running with a whole "pack", and kept trying belt after belt with no comfort or success. Finally gave in, with much reservation and tried the camel back, of course now any run over an hour and I wouldn't have anything else!!

Yeah, I really was bummed. I'd been planning to buy this thing for awhile and was pretty excited to give it a try. :( I'm really wondering if I wouldn't be better off without some kind of bladder pack.

Ramping up the mileage and keeping up Paces
White_Rabbit.gif

We decided not to do strength training this week. Chris’ lifting buddy is out of town for a couple of weeks and my left quad has been bothering me some. With the extra running, we decided it was okay to give the lifting a bit of a break.

SUNDAY 6/18 – Happy Father’s Day to the best dad, ever @Chris-Mo.

tumblr_inline_nqasznK94U1r2eu1z_500.gif

It was just a pretty relaxed day around our house. We had a nice meal over with my parents and took things easy. I did order for Chris an Orange Mud seat cover thing for his car. We usually drive his car to go running, so our stinky sweaty bodies end up on his seats and this seemed like it would work better than our usual method of draping old towels across the seat. It can also be used to wrap around you for changing during tri transitions I guess.

Transition_Wrap_On_Seat_GY_1024x1024.jpg

Monday 6/19 - 4CD/4acg/8x400(10Kp) – Our second attempt at track work and doing the same as the previous week. The cadence drills and acceleration gliders were fine. We did a better job this time on our 400m laps and hitting the desired 9:49 mm pace. We were still too fast on the first few, but did better at dialing it in later. We will up the number of laps in coming weeks. Total mileage again ended up right around 3 miles.

giphy.gif

Tuesday 6/20 - 5 mile run. 2:00/:30 intervals. Good run here. I felt strong and we were doing well on pace. 10:25 overall pace at the finish.
We got back to Yoga today as well. I worried I’d struggle with this after not doing it much for a couple of weeks, but it felt good. I even managed to do the plank/downward facing dog/plank move. Now if I could just teach the dogs to do it with me!

102818-_jsJb9cYtHkTi_brtjKSMQ.gif

Wednesday 6/21 –Nothing today since we were cutting out strength training for the week

Thursday 6/22 – 5 mile run 2:00/:30 intervals. This was the dreaded run with the Hydraquiver I referenced above. Quite a bit slower for the first two miles with Pinkie climbing up my back. We did speed up once we dumped the water so ended up with an overall of 10:54 pace for this. I’ll be giving Pinkie another shot this week. Yoga again tonight and that felt great. I slept like a baby!

tenor.gif

Friday 6/23 – Rest day leading up to our group run

Saturday 6/24 – Galloway group run with a planned 11 miles. There was a big storm that rolled through on Friday and it made for some gorgeous weekend weather. The humidity was really low and our starting temps in the low 60s. Fabulous!! I felt really good on this run although did flag a bit on the last hill coming into the finish. The whole group did amazing though. This is at our normal :90/:30 intervals and I ended up at 10:42 pace for this 11 mile route. I’m really hoping that adding on the extra mileage and track work will pay benefits on our longer weekend runs. So far so good!!

We went to see Wonder Woman recently and I loved that movie! So fun and in honor of that, some classic WW running style,

ww.gif

rhpom008_1.jpg

grv0J.gif

giphy.gif

I have this weird thing about too much stuff being on me. Which is funny because as a mom I can sometimes turn into a bit of a pack-mule on the way out the door with all of everybody's stuff. So I think I'd drive myself bonkers with a backpack of any kind. I'd certainly like the ease of having water right there whenever but I'd get pretty annoyed with the noises and the weight and just stuff on me. But like all things (ahem...armbands!) we get used to them. I vote for giving it another try before throwing it on the side of the road with a rage of a thousand suns.

Also - excellent gif work again. A+! 10pts for gryffindor!
(I assume you are gryffindor...I'm a hufflepuff in case you needed to know)

I have this weird thing about too much stuff being on me. Which is funny because as a mom I can sometimes turn into a bit of a pack-mule on the way out the door with all of everybody's stuff. So I think I'd drive myself bonkers with a backpack of any kind. I'd certainly like the ease of having water right there whenever but I'd get pretty annoyed with the noises and the weight and just stuff on me. But like all things (ahem...armbands!) we get used to them. I vote for giving it another try before throwing it on the side of the road with a rage of a thousand suns.

Also - excellent gif work again. A+! 10pts for gryffindor!
(I assume you are gryffindor...I'm a hufflepuff in case you needed to know)

Tomorrow is the next attempt at using Pinkie. We shall see how it goes. I'm not overly optimistic though.

I've taken a couple of quizzes for sorting and I usually end up either a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. So, we might have been housemates!

Tomorrow is the next attempt at using Pinkie. We shall see how it goes. I'm not overly optimistic though.

I've taken a couple of quizzes for sorting and I usually end up either a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. So, we might have been housemates!

Yay! Meet you for a midnight snack in the kitchen...heard the house-elves are making british carbs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!