• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need your creative ideas!

Dream

DIS Veteran
We have decided to arrive a day early in WDW to take advantage of the discount codes for December. So instead of arriving on Dec. 26th, we will be in the car on Christmas Day and arrive at the WL in time for the parade in the Magic Kingdom!!! Now while we are sooo excited to be going to WDW, the thought of spending Christmas Day in the car is leaving us all a little sad. Christmas is so special in our family and we are a family where "the day" is important...some folks have no trouble celebrating early or late...know what I mean? So what I need from you creative people are ideas to make our "car Christmas" special! I am already planning to have a little tree in the car and yummy food in the cooler to take the place of Christmas dinner. There will be Christmas music and videos and the kids will have a couple of new "Santa" gifts to play with (we will open gifts at home and then hit the road....my kids are always up by 4 AM anyway out of sheer excitement!!) Any other ideas? I wold love to hear them! Thanks ya'll!!

Decorate the car with Christmas window clings.

Have a Family Christmas Trivia Game, put together a bunch of questions about your Family Christmas' Past and give the winner a prize (something Disney/Christmas).

Figure out what "makes" Christmas for each of you and include it.

Enjoy.:)

Perhaps a few little gifts to open in the car would be fun. Sing christmas songs and tell stories of other christmas days. Get a couple of the disney Chirstmas sing a longs. Wait and let them open their stockings in the car on the way. Make sure Santa knows to put lots of travel friendly items in. Limit the candy in the car even if it is Christmas. Can make kids super wild then grumpy and even sick feeling after a long ride.
If you have a cell phone perhaps you could call grandparents or other family members throughout the day.

It will be a very special Christmas

Jordan's mom

Dream,

I don't want to pop your balloon, but does the MK traditionally reach capacity on Christmas day? It would be a shame to give up your holiday in the car so that you could be in MK in time for the parade, only to get turned away at the gate.

Best wishes.

Thanks for all of your wonderful ideas guys...keep em coming! Crisi, I just used the MK as a point of reference for time...am anticipating a huge crowd!! To tell ya the truth we will be just as happy sitting on the beach at the WL watching the fireworks so if we can't get into the MK it will be OK. Thanks for the thought though! LOL...it would be hard to pop my bubble at this point I think!!;)

Originally posted by trayletha
Decorate the car with Christmas window clings.
That is what I was going to say. We did this a few years ago and it was so "fun."

Another idea is that Crayola has window markers (they write on glass, they are so cool), you could have the kids decorate the windows. With "christmas" designs.

Of course you will have to have the christmas carols playing on the stereo, is there a Disney Christmas Album?? that would be too cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter