I need to know---How crowded is it Memorial Weekend?

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
A friend of mine at work is suppose to be going on May 31 and he says he forgot its Memorial Day weekend.:rolleyes: So, how bad is it?

It's pretty darn crowded. Since it's a long weekend, people tend to come in on Thursday or Friday and stay until Tuesday. Sunday and Monday are pretty much zoos at MK.

:earsboy:

I have been going either the week before or during memorial day since 1999 and it has not been that bad. Its actually a nice time to go. You need to avoid MK on that Saturday and I usually take memorial day as a off day from the parks and relax at the resort or do something else. I have been during Thanksgiving and Easter and it is no way near as busy as Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure what good indicators of crowds are, but based on the last two years you can bank on most fast passes disappearing around 2-3 PM, a 2 hour wait for Splash Mountain in the afternoon and a 1.5 hour wait for a good parade spot.

-DH

[edit] These observations are from Saturday/Sunday, but I expect Monday is more of the same.

Last year we arrived on Memorial Day Weekend and spent Memorial Day in Epcot. OKW was very busy, but the park wasn't bad. DS went on TT 2 different times that day, used single rider's line, and waited no more than 15 minutes either time. I saw many of the Flower and Garden things and it really wasn't too crowded. I wouldn't dream of attempting MK that day, but Epcot seemed OK.

I will let them know. They are ONLY going to MK for the day, on Saturday. They have ressies at the castle.;) I explained to him, that as long as they are staying on site, they WILL get into the park, but they are not arriving till around 12 or 1:00pm.:rolleyes:

Ouch.... better tell them that if they're not getting there til 12:00 or 1:00, expect a long wait for everything.

We're going to try to sneak in just after the crowds... we're arriving on June 1, the day after Memorial Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter