• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need sleep!!!

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
Ok, I haven't slept in like 3 nights. I'm excited about our trip and also have other things going on, that is just making it impossible to sleep. I take forever to fall asleep, wake up way too early and am up in between. So.....Here is my question.

I remember at the HRH this summer, after a full night at the parks and a few beers :), I came back the room and had the BEST night sleep ever!!! Those beds are just so comfy and awesome, the whole family had a hard time getting out of bed in the am. Are the RPR beds just as comfy as HRH? Because, I REALLY need some sleep and Friday night will be here before I know it. Anyone slept in both and can compare? I don't know why, but I just slept so good in that HRH bed and I am hoping RPR beds are just as comfy!

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, but I can totally relate to your sleeping problems (I'm the same way!)

But, did just want to say HAVE A GREAT TIME! :jumping2:

Hey Girl! Thanks for the well wishes. I swear tonight if I can't sleep, I'm going to come down and the DIS boards. It is better than just laying there! Good sleep to you!!

Well, if you're here, I'll probably "see" you! I'm often on late at night, or I'll read myself to sleep. I'm with you -- haven't slept in days! But, it's a good thing since you must be excited about your romantic getaway!

I don't want to hijack your original question, but where did you decide to eat and how long are you staying? Make any room requests? (I'm living vicariously right now!)

Slept well in both hotels. I spent many nights in hotels and I find both hotel beds quite good. But the hotels were rather new when I stayed at them. Also after an active day at the parks, I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Dad of 3

Dad of 3
Thanks for the input, and you are right about falling asleep after a full day in the park.

Jodie -
We have ressies at Mythos (Sat.) and Tchoup Chop(Sun.) - I am really looking forward to both. We had ressies for Emeril's, but I canceled because it has received bad reviews lately. Besides that, I MUST eat at Magaritaville and I want to try NBA and Hard Rock Cafe too.

We will get there Friday afternoon and leave Monday at 3:55pm. I did make some requests - non smoking, non pet, and I did ask them to note that we will be celebrating our 9th anniversary. They wrote right back telling me they noted all my requests and were looking forward to making our anniversary a "vacation in paradise"!!! I can't wait!

We're too excited to sleep!!:bounce:

I've slept on both and couldn't tell a difference. Portofino is a different story. I can never sleep well in a hotel. I have to come back to work to rest up from a vacation!:o Do you have everything packed from staying up the last 3 nights? Have a great time and tell us about the beds when you get back.

Have fun on your trip!

Try to get a good nights sleep tonight, you need to be rested to have fun.

Looking forward to your report when you are back.

>>^..^<<

Thanks everyone! Last night I had a little help falling asleep - I didn't want to chance not sleeping for four nights in a row. So, If I can get a little sleep tonight and tomorrow, I will be fine. I will fill you all in about the beds when I get back. And, no, I haven't even started packing! With two school aged kids, it is almost impossible. Tomorrow for sure though - I hope!

Hi Tonia......Have a nice relaxing aromatherapy bath..then a nice glass of sherry or baileys or brandy in warm milk......the brandy in warm milk with a spoon of sugar always sends me into a deep sleep.

Yay TigerLilly's Mom!! :) See you Sunday!

I haven't stayed at Hard Rock Hotel, but the beds at the Royal Pacific are very comfortable...gotta love those feather pillows!!! :) But let me just say this: I always want to get to the parks at official opening or even earlier. Whenever I stayed at Royal Pacific NOT ONCE did I make it for park opening. In fact, I sleep in so late b/c I'm so comfortable that it's only the first Ghostbusters Show that can get me up and going. :p I remember I wanted to go to the parks for 8:30 and my dad woke me up. I didn't fall back sleep because I wanted to try to not. I ended up jusy lying there for over an hour...practically paralyzed because I was too comfy to move. :rotfl:

Have fun! I'm thinking of trying Mythos. Not sure what day though. Maybe Monday. You'll have to let me know how it is. :) Depending when you go to Hard Rock...you just might see me there eating the Boneless Bodacious Tenders!! :p :p

Tigerlilly and Fly Fly--

Have fun and don't miss out on Mythos! It's great! Also, the RPR is out of this world. Can't wait to read reviews!

Have a great trip! I cant wait to hear all the details!!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter