I need restaurant advice from everyone!

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
My girlfriend and I are planning our first Sept. stay at HRH. We would like to go to at least one nice dinner during our stay. I think right now, the possiblities are:

1. the palm steakhouse
2. emeril's
3. the PBR restaurants
4. mythos

As far as our preferences, we are not into "foo-foo" (sp?) meals and I would like this to be somewhat romantic if possible. Also, if you could tell me what an average dinner for two would cost, I would appreciate the info as well!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

According to Kelly Monaghan's "Universal Orlando" the most romantic is Delfino /Riviera at PBH. He also says a full meal with drinks and wine can easily top $100/person!!

I can speak to 2 of your choices. I don't know when in Sept. you will be going, but Mythos was running limited hours when we were there in late Sept.--closing at 3 each day. I found the atmosphere really interesting, and expect that it would be romantic in the evening. Our lunch there was around $60, with no alcohol. This also includes my DD's meal. Emerils was an experience--excellent food and service, but it is not romantic, at least where we were sitting--it was loud. OUr meal with on shared appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts, along with 2 glasses of wine, a margarita and tip was $140. The Palms looked very nice, but we didn't try it. Have fun

I would highly recommend Mama Della's at the PBH as it has strolling musicians and this can be very romantic for your girlfriend if they play the right song. Also it's definitely not "foo - foo". A wonderful dining experience and Mama herself comes over to your table to ensure you are be treated properly. Am not sure what the cost would be for the two of you but you could always call the hotel to find out what the average dinner cost is.
Whatever you do -- enjoy!:jester:

None of the mentioned places are a "foo-foo" atmosphere. For something truly romantic, try the PBH. Looking out at the harbor is quite lovely. Afterwards, you might want to get a room. :)

Having been to them all on several ocassions, IMO Defino Riviera is the most romantic!!! I know our bill has been over $200.00 each time, but we have everything! It will be a most memorable evening. The food is outstanding, and so is the service.
I love Mythos but I'm not sure it's very romantic, well maybe at night. Mythos would be your least expensive, I can't imagine your check being over $80.00 total. Emeril's isn't romantic at all, and a bit foo foo, and around $80.00 per person.
The Palm is a very nice steakhouse but seems more businessy to me. It is dark and warm in there so I guess you can be romantic if you want
;) Steaks are good, it will probably run you $75.00 pp with a reasonable bottle of wine.
have a great time!

If Delfino Reviar (sp) is out of your budget opted for Mama Della's. I honestly can't think of anything more romantic than riding the boat to PBH at night and seeing it come into view this would set the mood straight away. I don't think I've ever not reached over for my husbands hand when we exit the bridges and the Portofino comes in to view. I'm sure others would back me up on that. When you step off the boat you stroll on the piazza which is lit and looks an Itlatian city on the bay over to Mama Della's and it's very lovely with the lights a tick dim and lighting on your tables and a very professional wait staff that has never failed us with only the best service. The strolling musicians are wonderful and mama comes at the end of your meal to make sure you've had a wonderful meal and a good time. I would say 50-60 depending on your meal choices. Most entrees are 15-21 $ and include family style salad and bread. It's just wonderful she'll be so happy you took her there. I'm always grateful to my husband that he lets me pick but to know you found this gem will surely impress your wife. Next get ressies, and don't be late are words to live by! They are open till 10 and stay very busy. You can call PBH at 407-503-1000 (i think that's right>LOL) and ask for concierge and they will book you with mama della's. Get there in plenty of time they are extremely busy and will give your ressies away if your late so find out the grace and if your going by boat get in line maybe an hour before your ressies and you can stroll the piazza and look through the wonderful shops while your there.

thanks everyone for the info, I am surprised at all the love Mama's is getting!

I agree with all the comments about Mama's but I thought this was supposed to be a romantic adult night out. I find Mama's to be a lively family restaurant, usually filled with kids. We have a great time going there, it's ours kids favorite.
With the choices Tigerlaw had up there it didn't seem like budget was a factor.
But I agree nothing is more romantic the Portofino!!

actually, I guesss I should be a little clearer, I don't think either of us would want to go over $100 for a total bill. (The last time we did that in orlando was at the brown derby at MGM and we hated it!)

also, I am now thinking that we may do mythos at lunch, as I doubt we would want to walk that far just to eat. Has anyone done mythos for lunch? how expensive is that and do they have any issues with people coming to eat in park clothes?

thanks again for all the help!

Mythos is very nice. I always get the pizza of the day. It's always different and I order the cowder soup either lobster or corn or both if they have it. My dh gets the soup and an entree and usually its any where from 24-35 bucks according to what we have and if we order an apptizer.

They don't have a problem with you wearing your "park" clothes. They'd stay pretty empty if the expected people to come to IOA in a coat and tie!!

Mythos has the same menu for lunch and dinner. Just walk in wearing your "park clothes" like everyone else. Ask for a table by the window, or if it's nice, eat outside.

Oooh - now you've all given me an idea for my b'day dinner - hadn't thought of Mama Dellas. We'll be moving over to HRH from WDW on my b'day - it would be great to take a nap and then take the boat over to PBH after dark (none of us have been over to PBH yet). Sounds like it would suit us all, we'll be 50, 45, 26, 24, 15, and 5 mos. next year - I like the thought of being surrounded by strolling musicians playing "Happy Bday"!:smooth:

TigerLaw - here's a link with menus in case you haven't seen it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192786

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!