• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need help

megan4777

<font color=red>Apparently I had some sort monster
I made a scrapbook about 5 yrs ago for my parents (with the original pics!! ahhhhh...I DIDN'T know). I seriously used a scrapbook, pictures, paper and glue) I have another book that I would love to make for my DD's (without the originals this time...I learned my lesson). I would love to know what I need for a nice book. I saw that I need glue, paper ( I have a TON of it), and pics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :sunny:

Megan, you've come to the right place! First you need to decide on themes that personify your daughter's personality.. quirks and all...
There are a lot of great layouts on 2peas (see link in Scrappers favorite websites above.)
you can do a search to look at layouts for girls. Dance, day at the park etc.
The ideas are endless!
Have fun! Kathy

a couple other things to decide....

If your doing 2 and it sounds like you are, pick a color scheme for each girl album wise. I found it easier to keep track of whose albums are whose by assigning each of my children a color...ie...My oldest is pink, my middle daughter wanted black, my son is navy. The next choice is type of album, top loading, Creative Memories, spiral bound, 3 ring etc..there are loads to chose from. I personally bounce between Creative Memories and different types of top loading albums. CM albums are beautiful but do not allow for mistakes. If you put something in out of order you are pretty commited to leaving it there. With top loading albums you can pull your page out and move it where you want, because the page protector is what is in place not the page.

When it comes to pictures its not that you cannot use originals (i do) its just make sure you won't want a copy for some one else before you put it in the album. Then find a file folder and seperate each childs pics, label what/where/when, place any memoribilia (sp?) in the file too. Some events you will want in both books, some you won't.

Glue??? I use Creative Memories tape runners, acid free glue sticks (not often) hermafix dots, and Duck tape runners approved by Creating Keepsakes Mag. Be careful about glue being acid free/lignin free.

I prefer albums with page protectors. This way my work is kept nice and neat no matter how many times the book gets passed around.

Getting organized is the hardest part, cropping is the fun part.

My best advice is to pick of a copy of Simple Scrapbooks. They have a page in every issue showing you the basics that you need. They also have simple schemes that are really helpful to get you started. You can use it as a launching point to develop your style. HTH!

I strongly second the suggestions above about the color coding (DS is in blues & DD in pinks/ burgandies - the colors get darker as they got older) and organizing my child. I now automatically get doubles for events they are both involved in and separate them out to their "files".

There are some great slightly larger than 12 x 12 accordian files with top handle that are great for this. They allow you to slide in little labels like the old school notebook dividers so you can put memorabilia, etc in for a grade, event, etc. Much easier to find what you need when you're ready to scrap.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter