I need help for my situation.

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
OK. Back story: We are going to Disney this August (Leaving in 62 days). I am the DVC owner and have a studio booked at BCV. My parents have paid cash for a 1 bedroom at BCV. In the studio are my husband, daughter, daughters friend, and myself. In the 1 bedroom are only my mother and father. We just discovered this week that not only is my husband unable to go, but my father as well. What do I do? What are my options as far as my points are concerned (December UY)? Is it better (points wise) to just keep my studio, or should I cancel it and just stay in the 1 bedroom with my mom? I'm still very new to DVC and don't yet know all the "In's and Out's" of my membership. I'm hoping one of ya'll DVC veterans can help me out with this one.

If the points are from your 2016 UY, then you can cancel your studio and bank the points as long as it is 31 days before the start of your vacation. I would stay with your mom in the 1 bedroom.

This is more complicated than it appears because at Beach Club, the studios will sleep 5, while the 1 BR will only sleep 4. So if you cancel your studio, you need to get 5 people in a room with only 1 large bed and and a sofa bed, and then someone would have to sleep on the floor.
I am only coming up with 4 total in the room, am I missing someone?

Either keep the one bedroom (and split the cost with your parents) or keep the studio and move your mother into the studio, in place of your husband.

Your mother paid cash so unless she somehow has a better deal than you (on points), maybe opt for the cheaper option?

Thanks everyone! We've decided to keep my studio and cancel her room. It'll be a little tight in the studio but it saves her around $3000. She already has Annual Passes so tickets aren't an issue. The next part of my "situation". I need to renew my and my daughters Annual Passes, add tickets for daughters friend, add the dining plan for all four, and remove my husband/add my mother to the room. Is it just going to be easier to go through Member Services to help coordinate all of this, or have ya'll had luck doing this online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!