I need butter for my coffee! An April Keto-ish Dining review COMPLETE 6/22

This is very cool! :woohoo: on the weight loss!

How do you know you stayed in ketosis? My daughter is eating keto currently. I just followed you on the IG.

I took the Ketone pee strips with me. While they aren't 100% accurate, they do help me stay on track. Good luck to her!

Wow, you did amazingly well and should be so proud of yourself! I veer between keto and paleo and always fail at my plans to eat better at Disney.

Hello, thank you! I did paleo before but i didn't lose weight, must've done it wrong. It's super hard to stay on track at Disney.

HOLD UP! @kastoney and @ariane37 read my DR?! total fan girl moment, I love y'all's reports!

Thanks for sharing. I can't believe what willpower you had during the trip. It was worth it though, you look great!
Hello! It definatly took a lot of willpower, didn't know I was that strong lol. thank you for reading!

You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Garden Grove does look really good, my family loves the seafood buffet at Cape May but it might be nice to try this for a change.

Best of luck as you continue your weight loss journey!

Hello and thank you for reading! I think your family would love it! the muscles were tasty and fresh, I remember reading your boys love them. I am looking forward to trying Cape May in December.

It looks like I missed the start and end of your dining report! This Lobster looks humongous. I've been here a couple times, but never for their seafood buffet. It looks really good, but everyone I know seems to dislike seafood so I'll probably never get to experience it.

If you ever get a chance to sneak away, try it! The lobsters were huge!

I love how they set up their desserts here.

It was super cute and thought out!

This salad looks great! I've been trying to decide what I'd order if I go back to change things up and I think this would be it for sure.

I'm sure it tastes even better with potatoes. The saffron takes it to another level.

That's too bad about it not being worth a repeat visit, but it seems like a great place to watch fireworks. The Moroccan restaurant inside is really good, I've been there a few times.

I think fireworks viewing is what saves this place. It never really seems busy and reservations are always available. Maybe a menu revamp?

You look awesome! Dieting is so hard you're doing a great job and did good at picking food at Disney, because dieting while on vacation is so hard. Inspirational :)

Thank you so much hun! How is wedding planning going? ready for the big day?

Wow! You’re such an inspiration! I lost 50lbs doing PALEO last year. I have gained back 10 eating “normal” but I can bounce back to low carb and drop 5 pretty easily. However, I didn’t eat low carb at all on my Disney trip!

50 pounds is huge! I am dreaming about losing that much, congrats! I don't think I will be low carb on my December trip, that will be my treat if I stay on track!

great job staying on plan! i wasnt so successful last trip and gained 10 pounds in 6 days. then back home and back at it. keep calm and keto on!

Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure it's just water weight, hope you lose it fast!

You mentioned that you posted Garden Grove photos here, and I had to come see them. :)

You did a great job with your GG pictures—much better than I would. The guys in my party were crazy about the cod in the fried seafood platter. Looks like we had the same menu that you got. You took good shots of the salmon, mussels, and the strip loin. I enjoyed those dishes a lot. GG’s selection is not vast, but most of what they serve is well prepared.

Love your photo of the ahi tuna nachos. I’ve had the chicken tikka masala at Y&Y and thought it was excellent. Y&Y is currently my favorite restaurant at WDW.

Lastly, you look fantastic! Congratulations!

I love y'all's reports!
Aw thank you, that's sweet and makes me feel :goodvibes

I think your family would love it! the muscles were tasty and fresh, I remember reading your boys love them.
Yes! I have yet to finalize our dining for Thanksgiving and chances are GG is a place we can get in to less than 6 months out, so I think I'll suggest it to them!

First of all - congratulations on the weight loss! I know quite a few people who follow a Keto diet, and they all swear by it!

I don’t eat seafood (or like it at all haha), but that buffet is impressive at Garden Grove!

I really need to add one of those curry pockets from Epcot onto my list for our next trip!

Farah you look amazing in that dress with the flowers! Congratulations on your progress. I know how hard it is when medications (and sometimes just life) cause weight gain. It looks like you did a fantastic job balancing a few treats with staying on plan! It gives me inspiration for sure. Thank you for writing this up and alerting me to the amazing seafood buffet. My mom would love that! We may check it out in November. And ironically your sort of "meh" experience at spice road table made me want to try that too :rotfl:

You are truly sister of the year for transporting Satuli to your brother! Next time he better just come along.

Not gonna lie, babybel and pickles is totally a regular occurence for me. Usually it's "dessert" :D

So enjoyed reading, thanks again for the report!!!

Wow! Seems Keto is a really effective way to lose weight fast. I see a lot of you losing 10 pounds in as little as 1 week. I want to try it myself but I'm not so keen about the side effects. According to this article I've just read (https://www.dietspotlight.com/ketosis-diet-review/), it can cause muscle cramps, bad breath, hair loss etc.
Well I think I've always had questionably bad breath :rotfl2: but I can report that I have not had any muscle cramps or hair loss. You might feel crappy for a couple days while your body begs for sugar but then you get over it and you feel better than ever. Well okay, I should say that is what happened for me, your mileage may vary! I simply can't handle starches and sugar, they make me itchy and grumpy and constantly hungry. I never knew it until I cut them out.

Wow! Seems Keto is a really effective way to lose weight fast. I see a lot of you losing 10 pounds in as little as 1 week. I want to try it myself but I'm not so keen about the side effects. According to this article I've just read (https://www.dietspotlight.com/ketosis-diet-review/), it can cause muscle cramps, bad breath, hair loss etc.

Don't let the critics scare you off. Everyone is different in whether or not they may experience a little or a lot of those things, or none. Muscle cramps are usually caused by minerals being out of balance which can come from dietary changes in general, not just specifically keto. But whether you get them or not add some epsom salt baths into any new healing, lovely, holistic lifestyle. They are fabulous for so many reasons. Hair loss can be caused by rapid weight loss regardless of how one loses the weight. I've never looked into the breath thing since I've never experienced it. In fact with my low carb, high fat plus fasting lifestyle I weirdly sometimes get compliments from my clients on my pleasant breath. How can one respond to such a compliment with some grace rather than awkwardness or surprise? :P

There's a ton of politics behind this stuff. You are not supposed to be able to actually get healthy and especially not by bucking the politically correct nutrition paradigm that has had such terrible effects on our society over the last few decades.

I highly recommend you look at the diet doctor website and also read The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. In my opinion those are the two best resources I've used. (And of course there are still charlatans, jerks, misguided but well meaning folks, or just far less helpful resourses out there for this, as with all things.)

But also don't look for the 10 pounds in a week results as much as the steady, long term results and maintenance. It's a great way of life. Who wouldn't love feeling healthier and happier and being able to move and do things? I'm down nearly 130 pounds total ...but, among other things, I'm working on whether or not I can stay at the bottom end of that range or is my long term maintenance maybe at a 10 to 15 pounds higher number than the absolute bottom I can get to some of the time. This is a lifelong journey, even though it does sometimes move like a sprint.

Last edited:
I think I can live having bad breath :D, but i really don't want to lose my hair. About sugar making you itchy, isn't it an early sign of diabetes?
Well I think I've always had questionably bad breath :rotfl2: but I can report that I have not had any muscle cramps or hair loss. You might feel crappy for a couple days while your body begs for sugar but then you get over it and you feel better than ever. Well okay, I should say that is what happened for me, your mileage may vary! I simply can't handle starches and sugar, they make me itchy and grumpy and constantly hungry. I never knew it until I cut them out.

Thanks for the very detailed tips! I'll try this diet and I would be very happy to lose even less than 5 pounds a week.

Don't let the critics scare you off. Everyone is different in whether or not they may experience a little or a lot of those things, or none. Muscle cramps are usually caused by minerals being out of balance which can come from dietary changes in general, not just specifically keto. But whether you get them or not add some epsom salt baths into any new healing, lovely, holistic lifestyle. They are fabulous for so many reasons. Hair loss can be caused by rapid weight loss regardless of how one loses the weight. I've never looked into the breath thing since I've never experienced it. In fact with my low carb, high fat plus fasting lifestyle I weirdly sometimes get compliments from my clients on my pleasant breath. How can one respond to such a compliment with some grace rather than awkwardness or surprise? :P

There's a ton of politics behind this stuff. You are not supposed to be able to actually get healthy and especially not by bucking the politically correct nutrition paradigm that has had such terrible effects on our society over the last few decades.

I highly recommend you look at the diet doctor website and also read The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. In my opinion those are the two best resources I've used. (And of course there are still charlatans, jerks, misguided but well meaning folks, or just far less helpful resourses out there for this, as with all things.)

But also don't look for the 10 pounds in a week results as much as the steady, long term results and maintenance. It's a great way of life. Who wouldn't love feeling healthier and happier and being able to move and do things? I'm down nearly 130 pounds total ...but, among other things, I'm working on whether or not I can stay at the bottom end of that range or is my long term maintenance maybe at a 10 to 15 pounds higher number than the absolute bottom I can get to some of the time. This is a lifelong journey, even though it does sometimes move like a sprint.

Jumping in as I’m another keto diet success... I started last October and have lost 45lbs so far. It’s not been too difficult. For a number of months I replaced breakfast and lunch (at work) with protein shakes. But now do one shake at breakfast.

I recently plateaued and believe it or not what got me losing again was adding MORE fat into my diet ie. adding CREAM to my protein shake in the morning and sour cream to some dinners!

My liver function which was out of range is now in range. My cholesterol is fine. My heart rate has reduced, as has my blood pressure.

Keto is amazing...

DH and I are going to be at WDW at the end of next month for the first time (after many many Disneyland trips before 2007). I’m really looking forward to it - but a bit apprehensive about the food choices...

You mentioned that you posted Garden Grove photos here, and I had to come see them. :)

You did a great job with your GG pictures—much better than I would. The guys in my party were crazy about the cod in the fried seafood platter. Looks like we had the same menu that you got. You took good shots of the salmon, mussels, and the strip loin. I enjoyed those dishes a lot. GG’s selection is not vast, but most of what they serve is well prepared.

Love your photo of the ahi tuna nachos. I’ve had the chicken tikka masala at Y&Y and thought it was excellent. Y&Y is currently my favorite restaurant at WDW.

Lastly, you look fantastic! Congratulations!

Thank you! GG's selection is limited but the quality is there. I personally will take quality over quantity.

Y&Y is very good and consistent, I hope it never changes.

First of all - congratulations on the weight loss! I know quite a few people who follow a Keto diet, and they all swear by it!

I don’t eat seafood (or like it at all haha), but that buffet is impressive at Garden Grove!

I really need to add one of those curry pockets from Epcot onto my list for our next trip!

Thank you! I heard GG serves regular food on other nights, that would be a better option. Those curry pockets are addicting! fair warning :upsidedow

Don't let that scare you. Bad breath is the only side effect that you can't control. Hair loss only happens when you don't eat enough protein and don't take vitamins. I haven't had any muscle cramps as I stay hydrated. Take it easy and see how your body feels, keto isn't for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter