Earning My Ears
hi all

I am thinking of visiting Orlando next year
I want to rent a villa as I dont want to stay in a hotel again
Like the idea of my own pool

Any one any ideas where to get the best selection

thanks

i've booked thru http://www.florida-villas-select.com/

a friend at work has used them every year for the past 3 years and another friend has booked with them for next year too.

a handy hint would be to try and find out how you have to pick up the keys when you arrive in orlando - i've heard some people complain that after a 8 or 9 hour flight from the uk, then the battle with customs and then collecting your rental car you then have to find the local management office to pick up your villa keys.

the villa i'm staying at in sept has a "locked" box on the outside of the villa which contains the keys.

it's something to ask when you enquire about a villa anyway :D

hope that helps - if you have any questions please ask.

neil

:D

hi

i would say to asks ukdeb she sent me loads of address. and they were pritty good!!

We like to know precisely which villa we will be renting which generally speaking means booking direct with the owner. There are some companies which will allow you to book specific villas - one which immediately springs to mind is www.floridaleisure.com. Nigel is a Brit living in Kissimmee and a DIS member.

I totally agree with Neil about the key business. We always stay at west 192 and to have to drive to and from east 192 at both ends of your stay is such a nuisance and total waste of time. It happened to us last December - previously we have always had villas with the lock-boxes. From now on it will be one of the first questions we ask and needless to say, we've got a lock-box at the villa we're renting this October.

To get an idea of what's about I suggest buying one or more of the magazines available at Smiths - <i>Private Villas</i> and <i>Holiday Villas</i> are the main ones; and doing some searches using keywords such as "Disney=Villas", "Orlando+Villas", "Kissimmee+Villas", etc.

Here are a few websites to get going with:

Blue Ribbon Villas
FRbVO
Vacation Rentals by Owner
Disney Vacation Rentals International
All Star Vacation Rentals
Florida Sunshine
Great Rentals
Homes Near Disney
Mr Villa
The Florida Directory
Closest to Disney
Magic Mouse Villas

Hi,

You may want to try www.holiday-rentals.com.
Villa prices range from £300 per week with pools.

Or www.floridasunshinevillasuk.com. The website is run by Donald
Fudge who owns a 3 bed villa in the Vista Del Lago area. There are 3 heated swimming pools, fishing lake, jacuzziand more onsite for all guests. Plus a Chinese Restaurant, Pizza Hut are located just outside of he gated community.

Hope this helps.

Jade90

Our villa has a digital lock on the front door.

When you've paid the final payment we send you directions, map etc. and a code to unlock it and your in! It's as simple as that.

I remember a few years ago, before we had our own place, driving around for hours trying to find a little office in Kissimmee.

It's a pain in the a**e.

yep, i've just been sent the villa instructions and our villa has a keypad adn we've been given the code to get in

Just back from a villa holiday in Highlands Reserve and this was a superb site - we booked thru an agent and collected the key at the airport but if I go again I will book a privately owned one - there is a chap who I since found out who lives just around the corner from me who owns a villa on the same road that we stayed on - web address is www.highlands-reserve-florida-villa.com or E.Mail denis.mccarthy3@ntlworld.com. - for more info send me a PM.
Milly

Hi Milly

I'm glad you had a great holiday at Highlands Reserve. It is a great place to stay.

All the villas mentioned in the previous posting are privately owned at Highlands Reserve and as such, great pride is taken in their care.

Also no keys to be collected, so you can go straight to the villa and enjoy your holiday.

Kerry

Hi woody

I can highly recommend the villa company we used last year to go to Florida. They have a good selection of many villas all around Disney and they are the cheapest around. The person I contacted was mike@ashvillas.co.uk

regarding villa locations does anyone know what location eg highlands reserve ect that cannock drive poinciana is located in any info appreciated thanks
margaret

Poinciana is due south of Celebration, about 30 minutes drive of WDW. I would say it's a little far out if you're intending to spend a lot of time at the parks.

thanks USAmad02

I've got in touch with mike@ashvillas he has sorted me out with a lovely villa at an excellant price.

great advice yet again from you all

woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter