I need a crystal ball

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
We are booked over the Christmas / New Year period. Unfortunately all we have been able to secure is a tent site. We were hoping for something bigger to rent a camper. It's getting time to make a decision. I absolutely hate the cold and I'm sure I'm going to be miserable in a tent. But I don't want to stay anywhere else. Plus with 6 of us, staying anywhere else is going to mean offsite. I wish I had a crystal ball to know if something else was going to become available or if the weather was going to be pleasant or crappy. :)

The tent sites do not have sewer which works for tenters but could also work for out for pop up campers. Perhaps you could rent a pop up and then upgrade if a site becomes available.

People have had success stalking the website several times a day and piecing together a reservation by way of multiple reservations: a day here, two days there, all at the same level of course (Full, Preferred, Premium). It has paid off for diligent people.

No way to know otherwise. If I could see into a crystal ball, I would ask it for the next PowerBall numbers! :joker:

Good luck.

Bama Ed

PS - although you should check several times a day, in the past people reported more success in the evening like after dinner but before bedtime. That must be a popular time for trimming days or making cancellations.

I had to stitch together a week, last Thanksgiving. I checked the website every day, using different combos of days. Every now & then I could get one day and add to the rest. I had the best luck by calling on Sunday mornings to find cancellations.

Good luck! There's still plenty of time to get the days you need but I understand you need to change the type of ressie.

Thanks. We've looked at renting a popup but not many seem to have them. We'd need a tent also by the look of it as the biggest one we could find was booked out. There are 6 of us including 4 teenagers. Coming from Australia, I can't bring anything with us, so if we had to get a tent, it would mean buying everything we need on arrival.

I do stalk the website constantly. No luck so far. I'll keep trying though. Best I've found is one night. I guess once final payment is due I might have more luck? That's where my crystal ball would come in handy. :) Powerball numbers would come in handy also. ;)

PS - although you should check several times a day, in the past people reported more success in the evening like after dinner but before bedtime. That must be a popular time for trimming days or making cancellations.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try and time it right to give this a try. Makes sense. That's when I often look (and also first thing early in the morning over coffee) but of course I'm looking at our evening which is your morning. :)

Have you considered a cabin? It holds 6 people and has the fun of being at the campground with the comforts of a hotel room.

We stayed in the tent loop a while back, but used a hybrid camper we rented. It slept 6 and we had a/c in the Fl heat. :)

We stayed in the tent loop a while back, but used a hybrid camper we rented. It slept 6 and we had a/c in the Fl heat. :)

Who did you rent through? Although I don't know if this would suit. We need at least 4 separate beds due to the make up of our group including 2 double/queen. Did it have heating?

Have you considered a cabin? It holds 6 people and has the fun of being at the campground with the comforts of a hotel room.

Thought about it but bedding doesn't really suit. The kids are taking a friend each and I don't really want to be sleeping in the same room as them.

Yes, it had heating and a/c. It had 2 queens, 1 at both ends of the camper and the dinette folded down to a full or queen. Also it had a couch that folded out to a bed. We rented from a family run camper business that have a couple of campers for rent. They have a web-site called Mouse House Camper Rentals. Hope this helps.

The cabin has 4 beds, 3 in the bedroom and one in the living room.

Unfortunately I don't think that would work. 3 beds are in bedroom and it's not going to suit the makeup of our group. My 2 teenage dd's, 1 teenage female friend and the boyfriend of my 16 year old. Whilst the 3 girls could share a room, I can't put the boyfriend in with them, and I'm not comfortable sharing a room with the female friend or the boyfriend. The camper we had last time would have been perfect as there were 3 separate sleeping spaces. They look amazing though. I'd love to stay in one.

Last edited:
Yes, it had heating and a/c. It had 2 queens, 1 at both ends of the camper and the dinette folded down to a full or queen. Also it had a couch that folded out to a bed. We rented from a family run camper business that have a couple of campers for rent. They have a web-site called Mouse House Camper Rentals. Hope this helps.

Something like this might work. They are one company I hadn't looked at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter