I Miss Charles!

I miss the breakfast buffet in the Contemporary, pre-Chef Mickey's.

Although I do think Chef Mickey's breakfast FOOD gets too much hate, b/c its overpriced and chaotic in there now (and lunch and dinner are blah).....Am I off topic?

Steve ..I think I was at the table next to you. I was having the Chicken Mediterranean!
I hope you didn’t witness the infamous ketchup incident. We were having lunch at Chef Mickey’s. My wife picked up the bottle of ketchup and started to shake it only to discover that the lid wasn’t screwed on. She proceeded to spray ketchup all over her, the table, and a little on me. We still laugh about that.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
I hope you didn’t witness the infamous ketchup incident. We were having lunch at Chef Mickey’s. My wife picked up the bottle of ketchup and started to shake it only to discover that the lid wasn’t screwed on. She proceeded to spray ketchup all over her, the table, and a little on me. We still laugh about that.

Save that kind of rowdy behavior for Whispering Canyon!

Yeah I honestly don't even know about an old Chef Mickey's. And what's the village? Is it the old, old Disney Springs?
Yep, @Tonyz - That whole area was known by MANY different names - Disney Village, Disney Village Marketplace, Village Marketplace, Downtown Disney, Downtown Disney West Side, just to name a few.

I never went to the old Chef Mickey's there, but I knew about. it. The very first time the big group I used to go with got together (Dec. '93 - my first "real" trip to WDW was n Feb. of that same year, I decided to go back and join the people I had met online who gave me such great advice and help) they went to Chef's Mickey's in the Village for a character meal. I thought to myself "I like these people, but they're WEIRD. Who wants to spend their meal talking to stuffed toys walking around?". I also was quite suspicious of their dress "What adult wears t-shirts in public with cartoon characters on them?". I could not believe how much of their time they spent studying Disney culture and history, and how important it was to their Disney-fact-filled-heads. And last but not least I could NOT understand 1/2 of what they said, talking about "AP''s, and CM's" and stuff like that. OMG - did I have another think coming! (Typing this as I sit here with my Sorcerer Mickey t-shirt on, after just ravenously listening to another chapter in a book written by a friend of mine called Disney Details ) ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I honestly don't even know about an old Chef Mickey's. And what's the village? Is it the old, old Disney Springs?
The Walt Disney World Village later became Downtown Disney and now Disney Springs. The Village Restaurant became Chef Mickey's in 1990. It stood in the area now occupied by Rainforest Cafe.

Ice cream cake! Carvel, especially. I love me some Fudgey the Whale, and his chocolate crunchies! Nom, nom, NOM!!!!!
This!! I never knew that there was such a thing as ice cream cake with cake in it until I had a birthday in KY and tried to order an ice cream cake and they asked me what kind of cake I'd like in it. I was like there is no cake in ice cream cake it is chocolate and vanilla with cookie crumbs in it.

I have loved DIS for years, although I have taken a bit of a break from it but Im back as planning our next trip. Personally I didn't take to Charles and I did sense a little friction at times between him and Pete.
I think the current team are just fab and they all do a fantastic job in keeping us informed. One person I do miss though is Oliver, does anyone know what he is up to now please? His vlogs appear to have stopped. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter