Only day 3, and we have 5 more blues!!!

Congratulations to:
:jumping3:Elizabeth Smith
:jumping3:sophy1996
:jumping3:piglet1979
:jumping3:Twilight Sparkle, and
:jumping3:GrandAdmiralStrife
!!

And with 948 accumulated minutes, that brings the team total to Tutter Blue as well!!

We're at 11% of goal and 98 minutes ahead of pace. - Go team!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I got in a quick 10 minutes myself, but otherwise, life got in the way today, so I'll skip the trivia for tonight and leave you with a picture of the "Tutter Blue" inspiration (in case anyone didn't hit that particular Disney Junior window with any kids in your family) -

latest

Have a great night, and keep up the good work!!

Yesterday was not as great as i wanted it to be. I didn't make it to the rec because of DS's soccer game. It was a decent walk from the parking lot and I walked to my car after work. I got a total of 31 minutes yesterday. There are no activities tonight so I should have no problems getting in a good workout tonight.

173/930

Happy Star Wars Day, Everyone, and "May the 4th be with you!" :yoda:

Personal numbers - 25 new minutes, 13%,

and for the first time I've ever seen, the entire team is blue at once! Team totals stand at 1,079 minutes, or 12% of goal. (That's slightly behind pace, but I'm doing this update a little earlier than yesterday, so I don't have everyone's numbers for today yet. - We'll probably catch up!)

Today’s “almost” is another case where the Imagineers were considering an alternative to a matching Disneyland attraction. In this case, the popularity of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride won out, and the attraction ran at both parks until the WDW version closed in 1998. But we almost had a ride based on the other half of “The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041094/

(from page 22 of the book I referenced in post 1) – “The proposed Sleepy Hollow attraction would have included hollowed-out jack-o-lantern ride vehicles that would take guests through the eerie rural landscape of Tarrytown, New York, the real-life setting for ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.’ As you might imagine, guests would have eventually encountered the star of the attraction, the ominous Headless Horseman.”

So, what do you think? Would the ride have been cool? too scary for the Magic Kingdom? Would they have maybe put it in Liberty Square instead of Fantasyland? Is the Sleepy Hollow food stand there now a secret nod to this abandoned plan?

Last edited:
Yesterday I went for a walk with DH and earlier i took a walk around the block waiting for the family to get home. I got a total of 68 minutes. Today I went for a walk this afternoon since I didn't have time to get to the rec. We also parked a little further away at DD's soccer game to get in more steps. Today I got a total of 73 minutes.

314/930

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Today we have our first team member to reach Hank Orange - congratulations to piglet1979!! :tigger:

No new minutes for me, but team totals stand at 1390, or 16% (only 26 minutes shy of pace). We're doing great!

To coordinate with the orange, we'll talk about Fire Mountain. This attraction was considered back when 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea closed in 1994, leaving a large space behind Cinderella's Castle. Fire Mountain didn't end up making it in, but I think it would have been a big hit! I found a video for this one:

Of course, that space ultimately ended up being a part of the Fantasyland expansion, and we got a "mountain" in the form of the of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. But if you look closely, you can still see tributes to the old 20,000 Leagues attraction in Fantasyland:
* In the queue for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there is a small Nautilus submarine carved into the wood above a door.
* There is another Nautilus impression in the queue for Journey of the Little Mermaid.
* And hidden way up on top of the Cartographer's shop is a weather vane shaped like a squid.

Have a good night!

This weekend has not gone as planned. Just 10 minutes of free weights so far.

380/1860

The Fire Mountain video was great! I would love to see a Shadowlands addition incorporating either or both projects at MK. Your video inspired me to search youtube for a ride through of 20,000 Leagues. I found one and loved it. What a neat ride that must have been!

10 minutes for me today as well - same reason: things just ran way off schedule! I'm at 85/600.

Congrats to sophy1996, who has reached Hank Orange. :tigger::simba::tigger:

Team total is 1570, 18%, only 625 minutes to team orange! :cheer2:

As promised, for Sunday, we get to suggest our own Disney Imagineering projects. - What would you like to see in (for this week) the Magic Kingdom?

I would love a Disney nostalgia attraction. I'm picturing a walk-through, with wall cases containing Disney merchandise over the years. The floor could be a timeline, with different milestones marked - movie releases, parks openings, etc. And there could be little film rooms off to the sides with old episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club, clips from the Wonderful World of Disney...maybe even some "riders' eye view" videos of defunct attractions.

I know it wouldn't be an "E-ticket" thing, but I think it might make for nice air conditioning break in the Florida heat, a place to recharge and show your kids the Disney of your childhood.

Your video inspired me to search youtube for a ride through of 20,000 Leagues. I found one and loved it. What a neat ride that must have been!

I absolutely adored that ride when I visited as a kid. And I have a Disneyland 20K Leagues vintage-style poster up on the wall right now.

As promised, for Sunday, we get to suggest our own Disney Imagineering projects. - What would you like to see in (for this week) the Magic Kingdom?

I wish I had more Imagineering talent. I appreciate the final versions, but I can't think of stuff to save my life!! I do like the classic dark rides, though - maybe one based on Aladdin? You could ride through the souq and the palace, enter the treasure cave with the lamp, etc. It would be more interesting than the Magic Carpets ride, anyway.

PollyannaMom, I really like your suggested attraction!

I did wind up exercising a little bit this weekend! DH and I decided to get King's Island season passes this weekend, which means we'll be heading to Cincinnati a few more times this summer. But we went to the park today for a few hours to walk around and ride roller coasters.
Adding 50 minutes!
170/690

I didn't get all my steps in as I had planned. I was going to go for a walk after dinner but the rain rolled in. I did get out and play a little soccer with DD and did grocery shopping. I ended up with 33 minutes. This week will be tough. I will have to get my steps in as I can. We have a activity every night and at least tonight we have 2.

347/930

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter