I Made Cake!

Quasialamodo

Rescue Aid Society Member Since 86
Hello fellow cake fiends!

So a birthday tradition between me and my DH is that I make a unique cake for his birthday. Last year, I did a Settlers of Cataan themed cupcake set that mimicked the game itself. This year:

Do'h! That's right, it's a pink frosted double layer "donut" cake courtesy of Homer J. Simpson! The frosting on the outside is butterscotch. The cake is golden yellow and the inside frosting (giving the doughnut the look of depth) is dark chocolate. I just wanted to share and maybe make a few people hungry. :wave2:

Looks yummy!! I would love to see the Catan cake. My kids are really into this game. It might be fun to make for the RV.

Looks yummy!! I would love to see the Catan cake. My kids are really into this game. It might be fun to make for the RV.

Hi! Actually, it wasn't a Cataan cake per se. It was individual cupcakes that made up the inner pieces (although I did use pretzel rods and granola bars to make the roads, houses, and robbers and the number token markers were halved golden oreos). The outside "sea border" were pieces of cake frosted with this nifty blue bubblegum mixture as well. Let me see if I can find the pic that does it mild justice (and they'll probably be huge knowing photobucket and how it doesn't give a gosh darn how it sizes things)....

Love it! I think cupcakes are great because of the tiles for the game. I'll be sharing this with the kids tomorrow, they will get a kick out of it.

I hope they do! It was a lot of fun to make and such a great challenge! :thumbsup2 And that blue bubblegum mix-in for the vanilla frosting was actually really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!