"I love you" , "I know!": A Star Wars Weekends Disneymoon - Update 7/12 pg. 3

PennyLane1084

My Pronouns are: They/Them/Theirs
Hi I'm Kristin.

You might know me from my previous trip report A Potterhead Goes to Hogwarts

Last week I married my best friend and High School sweetheart, Steve. Here we are below:

_MG_1792.jpg

_MG_1864.jpg

These are a couple of shots from our Engagement Photos that our friend took. We loved them so much we asked the same guy to shoot our wedding.

The following are a few shots I've shamelessly stolen from various friends and family's on facebook.

We had a traditional Catholic Mass with a rockin' reception afterwards on the Southside of Chicago. That's where I'm from. Chicago born and raised!

Here is my Dad walking me down the aisle.
meanddad.jpg

Steve and I being announced as Mr. and Mrs. at the reception
entrance2.jpg

And here are Steve and I dancing to our first song which was Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colby Caillat
first_dance.jpg

We should be getting our professional pictures in about 3 weeks. So I'll post those when I get them.

The Disneymoon

So I went back and forth deciding where to go on our Honeymoon. New York was one idea. We very seriously considered a Disney Cruise. The newest ship The Fantasy would be sailing by the time we wanted to go. However, I found out that our Honeymoon would fall right around the time of Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios and that basically sealed the deal for us. We're HUGE geeks and we love Star Wars. The combination of Disney & Star Wars, you really can't go wrong.

When: May 27th - June 1st

Resort: Coronado Springs

So sit back, relax and enjoy the story of our Disneymoon.

I love disneymoon trip reports too.
I am also Chi-town girl....

Looking forward to more...

KIM

Monday, May 27, 2013 – Arrival Day

Steve and I woke up bright and early at 5am that morning. The sun wasn't even up yet. However, this is the time we usually wake up during the week since Steve starts work at 6am and I usually get up with him anyways. Luckily Midway Airport is only a half hour away from us so we didn't have to leave super early. My parents drove us to the airport since they also are up early. We left for their house around a quarter to 6 and parked our car there while we were gone. I had been staying at my parents the last few months during the week while we were preparing for the wedding and would stay with Steve on the weekends. I had some last minute things I had at my parents house to throw in the suitcase before we left. That's when Steve realized he had forgotten his brand new prescription sunglasses in his car, which we didn't have. I was suppose to remind him and I forgot. Whoops! Sorry Honey.:headache: We could have drove back since we only live 15 minutes from my parent's but he didn't want to make us late so we just left them behind. This becomes a bit of a running gag. You'll see.

We said our goodbyes to my Mom and Grandma and hoped in the car with my Dad. It was a little rainy and really humid this morning but nothing that would delay our flight. We checked in at the Skycap (or skycab, not sure) and the family in front of us had DME tags on their luggage as well. I felt like we were already with “our people”. Haha.

We got our boarding passes and went through security pretty smoothly. Our backpack with all our electronics had to be sent through the x-ray twice, which slowed us down a bit. They never actually told us why but I think it's because I had an injection for Rheumatoid Arthritis I take twice and week in there. It was in a little case but I think that was what had to be checked. Also, my Steve got through without having to take off his shoes, but when I was about to go through, the TSA guy asked how old I was and when I told him, 28, I had to take off my shoes and put them through the scanner. I guess I just look that suspicious. :confused3

We found our gate and got comfy. Our plane was already there and the flight was on time:banana:. I walked over and got some breakfast at McDonalds. I ordered a Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit, Steve a sausage McGriddle and two coffees. I normally get a my breakfast sandwich with sausage but I decided to switch things up and try it with bacon instead, I was on vacationn after all!!! Crazy, I know!

I was inspired by a couple of my friends who didn't a little video blog on their way to and during Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), so I decided to do the same thing on my Honeymoon. Here is my first Vlog while waiting at Midway Airport in Chicago.

vlog 1 - Midway Airport

I forgot to get food pics. I apologize now to the lack of food pics. It's my first REAL trip report and I'm a Noob. You'll just have to use your imagination at times.

Anywho, they started boarding people a little bit after 7:30. I noticed that my boarding pass was in Zone 5 boarding group but Steve's was in Zone 6. I really never understood why. When they started boarding us, I was afraid that somehow the plane would be over booked and Steve's boarding group wouldn't be let on the plane. I've seen way too many of those airport reality shows. I waited for my DH (feels so good to say that :lovestruc) just inside the ramp to be sure he got on. :rolleyes:

The flight was pretty uneventful. Here's a Vlog I recorded on the plane:

Vlog 2 - On The Plane

Once we were in the air I listened to my favorite Disney Podcast “Inside the Magic” with Ricky Brigante. If we haven't listened to it, I highly recommend it! He's a nerd and he'll frequently mention awesome nerdy stuff on the show. After a while I Steve and I decided to play some Mario Kart which he downloaded the night before to play during the flight. We munched on some snacks we brought on board and soon we were descending.

Before we even got off the plane I pulled out our little DME booklet so we wouldn't get lost. This is one of the first things, I saw as we were getting to the Airport Monorail

IMG_0019.jpg

I was so excited I couldn't contain myself!
tumblr_inline_mmqn913o681qz4rgp.gif

We found the Disney Magical Express easy enough. We didn't even get lost! We got our first bit of luck and we're lead through a line all by ourselves.

We were lead to a bus right away and it was an ACTUAL DME bus not a lame Mears one! SCORE!

IMG_0020.jpg

o2QFr.jpg

We were the only people getting off at Coronado Springs and it was the first resort!

The check in process went very smooth. They gave us awesome RFID cards and we set them up for charge privileges. The CM checking us in told us to sit tight and she ran to the back to get something. It took a few minutes and were getting a little worried something was wrong. This was when we received our first bit of Pixie Dust pixiedust:. She returned with balloons that said “Just Married” and two pictures signed by Mickey and Minnie.

We were assigned to Casitas building 1. Which was perfect! We were 5 minute walk to El Centro!! We followed the signed to our room and only got lost a little! But we found it in no time.

IMG_0021.jpg

A cute Mickey head towel dealy greeted us when we opened the door.

IMG_0022.jpg

Our room and Steve's feet
IMG_0023.jpg

We were tried from our early morning so we took a little nap before heading out to dinner at Magic Kingdom

Up next......

Where will our newlyweds eat for their first dinner?

What will be their first ride at Disney?

Stay tuned for more about Arrival Day.....

We you last left our Disneymooners, they had just arrived at their resort, Coronado Springs and we're relaxing before heading out Magic Kingdom, where they were having their first dinner. What magic awaits them? Continue reading to find out....

During our nap we got a knock on the door and our first bag of luggage arrived. We had checked two bags and the Bell Services gentlemen said that sometimes the bags get separated and the other one should arrive soon. This is also when I noticed a message on the hotel voicemail. It was a really cute message from Mickey and Minnie congratulating us! :lovestruc

Before we left the room I unpacked our bag, I knew I wouldn't want to do it that night. I have a bad habit of leaving thing for later and later turns into things never getting done.:rolleyes1 So, I figured it was in my best interest to unpack now.

It was getting to be around 3:30pm at this point so we decided to head out to the Magic Kingdom a little early and possibly hit some rides before dinner. We walked over to El Centro to catch the bus which took an extra 5 minutes because we made a wrong turn and ended up going the long way around. I took some resort pictures along the way.

IMG_0025.jpg

I love the topiary of the Three Cabarellos! They sing the song of my people (I'm Mexican) haha.

When we got to the bus stop, a bunch buses started pulling up one after another, First was an Animal Kingdom, then Epcot. When the Epcot bus pulled away a MK bus was hiding behind it. Nice!

Now when I realized we would be arriving to Disney World on Memorial Day, I figure thought we should have avoided the parks at all costs. I thought they would be absolutely modded. Undercover Tourist had MK at a 8 or 9 crowd level. This is what greeted us as we got to the park

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

The crowds weren't bad at all! As we walked down Main Street, I was in an absolute dazed. I couldn't believe we were really on our Honeymoon, Married, in Disney. It was all so surreal. That was when the magic started!

Quick Aside: There is one old Polish tradition that we had at my wedding. The tradition starts off with an dressy apron is made for the Bride which had little plastic babies, bottles, rattles, rolling pin and things sewed on to it. During the reception, usually before the bouquet toss, Maid of Honor takes the veil off the bride and ties and apron around the waist. Symbolizing the transition from a Bride to a Wife. While this happens the wedding party encircles the Bride and Maid of Honor, and other wedding guest from another circle around the wedding. Everyone sways and dances while singing “Let Me Call You Sweethart” Fans of Downton Abbey might recognize the song from the Season 3 premier.

As we were walking down Main Street towards the Hub, right past the Ice Cream Palor, I noticed “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” was playing. It was magical! It was like a little bit of my wedding with me here at Disney! I immediately started getting misty eyed.

IMG_0028.jpg

We didn't want to stray too far from Main Street since we had dinner reservations at Tony's Town Square. So we rounded the corner to the right of the hub towards Tomorrowland. It was a little more crowded in this area than it was on Main Street. We looked at some ride times, and decided to grab Fast Passes for Buzz.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

We noticed Stitches Great Escape only had a 10 minute stand by time so we hoped in line for that. I heard this attraction wasn't that great but I really love Stitch so we decided to give it a whirl. I remember riding this the last time I was at Disney when it was still Alien Encounter (I think that's what it was called). That's how long it's been. It's some what the same ride, except waaaay more family friend and not completely terrifying. It was really cute. But I love Stitch so I'm a bit biased. I am glad however, that we didn't wait longer than we did for it.

We walked through the dump shop. This is where Steve first discovered the Disney/Star Wars crossover figures. I also noticed a shirt that said “Judge me by my size do you?” I liked it because I'm so small, but I didn't want to buy anything at the moment. Steve also really REALLY liked those figures, but he also didn't want to buy anything, so we left empty handed.

We had some time to kill so we took a little breather a people watched for a bit. At this point I recorded my first in park Video Blog.

Vlog 3 - Tomorrowland

We didn't sit for too long because soon our return time came around for Buzz. We hoped in the fast pass line and waited about 10-15 minutes to get on the ride. One thing that totally amazed me was the Buzz Lightyear in the queue. Disney's technology in their attractions never cease to amaze me.

IMG_0033.jpg

Steve really loved Buzz! He beat me by about couple 100,000 points. He's really good at the types of things. I couldn't even tell where I was aiming, as you can see in next picture

IMG_0034.jpg

On the way out of the ride I must not have been paying attention to my surroundings because something terrible transpired.:scared1:

I was captured by the evil Emperor Zerg and thrown in jail. Steve got there in the nick of time to save me!

IMG_0035.jpg

Will Steve save his new Wife from the Evil Emperor Zerg?
Will they ever make it to Dinner?
Does Kristin need a new change of pants?

Your Answers and more coming up next....popcorn::

Ha Ha! I remember when Stitch's Great Escape used to be Alien Encounter as well and it was pretty scary! I remember the first time I went on it, I got freaked out and kind of sunk down into my seat. Then my shoulder bar for some reason started moving and squished me even farther down and stayed there. So I was literally squashed into my seat and had to remain like that until the show was over. :scared1:Ah, good times! But yes, Stitch is definitely much friendlier now and not as scary as it was back in the day.

I hope you don't mind a fellow Chicagoan joining in. Congratulations on your wedding (I'm going to one next week...my baby boy is getting married).

I'll be back later to read and catch up tonight before I go to Disney tomorrow.

I hope you don't mind a fellow Chicagoan joining in. Congratulations on your wedding (I'm going to one next week...my baby boy is getting married).

I'll be back later to read and catch up tonight before I go to Disney tomorrow.

KATHY! I've read a couple of your trip reports! Us Chicagoian gotta stick together! Amirite?

Congratulations to you son. Wedding planning is STRESSFUL, I bet you're a very busy lady at the moment.

Have fun in Disney! Wish I was back there right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!