I LOVE Maxpass!

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
We decided to travel to DL this spring. Here now and experienced maxpass. I wish DW would do something like this. I remember the days when the was a spontaneity with how you attack the day. Now you have to script your trip 60days in advance. Maxpass allowed for flexibility in the day. More to come but well worth the $10 per person. Please, DW, consider this!

We used MaxPass a couple weeks ago and found WDW’s system to be far superior. I like being able to choose three at first then hop around during the day with 4th, 5th, 6th FP. Plus, FP is FREE and there are a lot more rides to choose from.

I do get your point of getting there and choosing day of, however. Planning 60 days out means you wind up changing your FPs over and over and over again!

It depends on how much structure you like I think and I imagine it also hinges on whether it is a first or repeat trip. We just took our first trip and I really loved that with our FPPs we knew we would be able to hit the rides we most wanted to do in a logical order.

The prior system where it sounds like you had to criss cross the park more and find stuff out on the fly would have been much more tiring and stressful for us.

We decided to travel to DL this spring. Here now and experienced maxpass. I wish DW would do something like this. I remember the days when the was a spontaneity with how you attack the day. Now you have to script your trip 60days in advance. Maxpass allowed for flexibility in the day. More to come but well worth the $10 per person. Please, DW, consider this!
I liked Maxpass at DL, but don't think it would work as well at WDW. At DL, it seems like most guests don't choose to purchase it, and that makes it much more useful. At WDW, if there was only a choice between manual FPs & Maxpass, most visitors would probably get Maxpass (because at WDW there's a much smaller percentage of locals who don't want to spend extra), and that would dilute availability.

Totally agree! We are not FP+ fans at all. I don't like planning 60 days out what time I'm going to ride a 3 minute attraction. Mostly I LOVE the blank slate aspect. I love knowing when I enter the parks each day that all things are still possible. No need to be disappointed 60 days out when you get blacked out of a big ride you wanted to do. You know if you want to do something at DL you can get there early and still do it by FP.

I liked Maxpass at DL, but don't think it would work as well at WDW. At DL, it seems like most guests don't choose to purchase it, and that makes it much more useful. At WDW, if there was only a choice between manual FPs & Maxpass, most visitors would probably get Maxpass (because at WDW there's a much smaller percentage of locals who don't want to spend extra), and that would dilute availability.

Alas, I do think this is true. It's great because it costs money and it's not used by the majority of guests. I'm very concerned that once SWL opens many more people will decide they have to buy it and the system will strain under that weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter