I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)

Wow, what a jerk! Sounds like you dodged a bullet. So sorry you're dealing with this, but sounds like you and your kids are on to bigger and better things.

Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your BF, but I"m happy to hear that you are already focusing on yourself and sounds like you're giving yourself something to look forward to with your travels!

Seems to be a common opinion for non NE with the no love for the Pats. I actually dislike Tom Brady. Respect him as a player but I’ve heard one too many stories about how arrogant he is IRL

This is true. Unlike the Cowboys, Steelers and even the Broncos, who have more of a nationwide fanbase, pretty much only NE people like the Pats. Most of that centers around Tom Brady's arrogance and the stain of previous cheating (whether it happened or not...). I also do respect Brady as a player.

HUGE TB fan here. In fact my son is Brady ;) And yes, he knows after Tom Brady and I about geeked out when UM brought back the Brady! I bought him one for Xmas 2 years ago. He was 7 and it's an adult Large, LOL.

Ok, now I'm feeling bad for starting the anti-Pats talk because they're actually my second favorite team behind KC! Weird I know since I'm from KS but hello, Tom Brady! Actually I'm a huge football/NFL fan and it's just more fun to watch if you're rooting for someone.

Ok, now I'm feeling bad for starting the anti-Pats talk because they're actually my second favorite team behind KC! Weird I know since I'm from KS but hello, Tom Brady! Actually I'm a huge football/NFL fan and it's just more fun to watch if you're rooting for someone.
I love football!! Watch it every weekend and really looking forward to the games this weekend. KC is in our division so normally cannot root for them but I actually like KC if they are not playing the Broncos, and I do not like the Pats. No way, no how, so I'm all about KC for that game.

Just to show how despised Tom Brady is here in Denver, if you go to a Nuggets basketball game, they show his picture on the screen when they want the crowd to boo :rotfl2:

Then for the NFC, I'm rooting for the Saints. I'm a huge Drew Brees fan plus I grew up down by the TX Gulf coast, just across the LA border and we were/are Saints fans so hoping they win that one. One of my ds's is a big Rams fan though so there will be lots of hollaring either way lol!

but it is a lesson to make sure you have a use for points before just blindly going for them because everyone else has a good use and therefore, thinks they are great. Each of us travel differently, have different family sizes, are in different seasons of life that may limit our traveling, etc.
This is where I am at now. I had a lot of FOMO over everyone getting the Rose Gold or a Plat AMEX, but I really don't have any clue what I would use MRs for right now. I do a lot of domestic travel - in 2019 will be visiting Charleston, San Diego, San Jose, Colorado Springs, Seattle. I am able to either use my hotel points or book through Chase and use UR to get some great deals. I did find a way to redeem my N&F cert and had looked for some hotels in places we might travel before spending the points on that. Usually I don't spend 7 nights in one place. But I am planning around that. Anyway, just trying to agree with you that everyone needs to figure out their goals/plans and plan their strategy accordingly. One size doesn't fit all and no judgement on what each person determines is right for them.

How do you know if something counts as a direct deposit with PNC?
i see you got an answer. And already opened your account - Congrats! I did get my information from DOC. I was going to open my account in branch this weekend but now we are forecasted to get 8-10 inches of snow on Sat so it will probably have to wait another week.

:hug:sorry you and your kids have to deal with a jerky person. Sounds like you are keeping your chin up. Hoping for brighter tomorrows for you and your family.

Amongst the many changes, Marriott made 2018 the last year for rollover nights, i.e. 2017 nights rolled over into 2018. No more rollover nights crediting in 2019, unfortunately. :(
Maybe that is why Hilton started doing rollover this year. The tracker is down for updating, but DH had over 90 nights last year and already is at 5 this year, so I'm guessing he has already renewed diamond for 2020 or is very close. Whoop! Maybe I can talk him into trying to focus on Hyatt for a bit.

do try to be good about only buying what we would anyway. But I now have $300 in Amazon credit. True that I got it for 30% off with the Staples offers, but it is not something I was budgeting for all in January. I think I will be cancelling my SW next month as soon as the points post.

Does amazon sell your grocery store giftcards? That’s what I am doing.

Has anyone else used the Walmart grocery pick up discount? For your first pick up you can get $10 off. I think you have to spend $50 to get it. We’ve used it like 6 times by using different email accounts. We just got a card in the mail from Walmart for another $10 off addressed to the “grocery hero”

I did this. I was so surprised by the quality. Check your Amex offers too because they frequently have Walmart grocery offers.

Seems to be a common opinion for non NE with the no love for the Pats. I actually dislike Tom Brady. Respect him as a player but I’ve heard one too many stories about how arrogant he is IRL
We're a split household. DH loves Tom Brady and Belichick. I can't stand either one. The arrogance is strong with them! I am a Steelers' fan so that plays into it as well as they have knocked us out of the playoffs a number of times.

Anyone have any amazing beachfront hotels in Florida (preferably gulf side) they've stayed at/dream of staying at with points? Looking for our 15 yr anniversary...
Hilton Sandestin, Hilton Marco Island, and JW Marriott Marco Island.
I could list other not-so-amazing-but-more-economical choices too, if you like.

I think I am going to miss out on the fee free Visa GCs. I chose to be lazy and not leave the house last weekend. Now we are supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow this weekend and I am not going to fight that to get to Staples. I am just to exhausted after work to attempt to go during the week. It is probably for the best. I don't have a great system to keep track of all those gift cards (VISA or Store). I irrationally fear I'll misplace them and be out money. It is difficult to get DH to use as he hates to do split payments - gift card + CC for remainder if gift card isn't enough to cover entire cost. He'll just use a CC instead. I feel like I spend more than I would if I didn't buy GC.

I did want to put some spend on my AMEX card before I apply for the Delta card I have a mailer for. Maybe Sunday will be clear enough to go....

This is where I am at now. I had a lot of FOMO over everyone getting the Rose Gold or a Plat AMEX, but I really don't have any clue what I would use MRs for right now. I do a lot of domestic travel - in 2019 will be visiting Charleston, San Diego, San Jose, Colorado Springs, Seattle. I am able to either use my hotel points or book through Chase and use UR to get some great deals. I did find a way to redeem my N&F cert and had looked for some hotels in places we might travel before spending the points on that. Usually I don't spend 7 nights in one place. But I am planning around that. Anyway, just trying to agree with you that everyone needs to figure out their goals/plans and plan their strategy accordingly. One size doesn't fit all and no judgement on what each person determines is right for them.

I really love UR's and SW RR's for the way we travel. I am still collecting MR's as long as Amex will give me the cards and bonuses simply to cash them out.

Where did you decide to use your cert and which category do you have?

i see you got an answer. And already opened your account - Congrats! I did get my information from DOC. I was going to open my account in branch this weekend but now we are forecasted to get 8-10 inches of snow on Sat so it will probably have to wait another week.
Did I? LOL. I must have missed it. Still wondering how I know what counts as direct deposit. I have looked over some on DoC but there are months and months worth of comments on that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts