I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got instant approval for the CIP!!! Thank you all sooo much :love: , especially @SouthFayetteFan for the suggestion to use DH as a referral...100,000 UR points!! Woo hoo!! I have to call to expedite the delivery so I can charge some Disney tickets to help meet MS. Does anyone know if I call the regular customer service number? This will get us all back to Disney a lot faster than I was hoping for.Thanks again, you guys are the best! EDITED to add: This is a business card. I have done some Disney blog post writing and used that small "start up" info to apply for the card. I'm concerned now about making MS for this card. Can I put household expenses on there to met MS??
You'll be fine putting any and all expenses on your "business" card. 1) Chase doesn't really care, and 2) you could basically come up with a reason for absolutely anything to be a business expense :)

But if I'm staying SPG on points,and use that spg card to pay hotel fees etc at checkout, I don;t get a bonus for using my spg card,right? I'm better off using my CSR for this situation?

i believe u get the 2x from the credit cards but you wont get any points from SPG itself(the 3x for gold, 2x for anything else).
I THINK... ill let u know for sure when my statement closes haha.

Bad news for me. We had to cancel our Florida trip for now. My traveling companions had 2 problems, both medical. I didn't really want to go alone this trip.

This puts we with 46 DVC points in holding and have to be used by September 30. That's a problem but I will put myself on the waitlist for our Hilton Head visit and try to snag an extra day, which isn't impossible. But almost! I have to wait until May 1 to go on the waitlist, but stuff happens. If that doesn't work out then I will throw the points on the rent trade board and maybe pick up a night or two for someone.

I cancelled the Poly points and they didn't even show back on the availability list. So someone probably got a last minute waitlist.

Last edited:
But if I'm staying SPG on points,and use that spg card to pay hotel fees etc at checkout, I don;t get a bonus for using my spg card,right? I'm better off using my CSR for this situation?

No points on the points, no points on certain fees, points on incidentals such as meals or other hotel services. I'd be using my SPG because I don't have a CSR, but if I did and I had the time to do the math, 2 SPG points per dollar spent in hotel plus the point on the credit card would probably beat CSR, but I'd make sure my SPG number was on every transaction.

Bad news for me. We had to cancel our Florida trip for now. My traveling companions had 2 problems, both medical. I didn't really want to go alone this trip.

This puts we with 46 DVC points in holding and have to be used by September 30. That's a problem but I will put myself on the waitlist for out Hilton Head visit and try to snag an extra day, which isn't impossible. But almost! I have to wait until May 1 to go on the waitlist, but stuff happens. If that doesn't work out then I will throw the points on the rent trade board and maybe pick up a night or two for someone.

I cancelled the Poly points and they didn't even show back on the availability list. So someone probably got a last minute waitlist.
Sorry you had to cancel :( Also...I totally understand CCs but apparently have no knowledge of DVC :rotfl2: This all went Way over my head :P

That’s a better offer than mine since SPG points are worth more than AA miles. We had no plans to go back to Hawaii this year and had all our vacations all planned out for the year. We soon realized that the value was too good to pass up. Sorry if we could get the flights on miles we’d make it happen.
I'd really like to consider it but DH's limited vacation time is holding me back :(

ACK!!! It seems like I am the opposite of most data points with regards to business cards. I have a "business" and was almost instantly approved for the CIP with just $500 of revenue and given a 13K CL. But for the SPG biz, I got a call yesterday that they have questions on my application. Could just be easy questions since I have no other AMEX cards and no relationship. I do have a long Chase relationship with the CF, Disney Visa, Checking/Savings and Mortgage. I am waiting until Monday to call back. Crossing my fingers.

Called in and APPROVED!!!!! :dogdance: They just needed to verify identity. No "business" questions. Now I just need to spend $7000 - with the upcoming Moab trip (VRBO rental/car/gas/food); Real Estate taxes; Home owners Ins and regular expenses, should be fine. I do wish the GOC was still an option as that would be an easy way.

I would call and insist they get that $450 credited. You have downgraded and they need to get it fixed :) I think it never should have shown in the first place so I’m worried something is messed up on their end.

DH called Chase. You guys were correct. The $37.50 credit was definitely for the final month of the first year holding the card. According to the rep he spoke to, we will see a credit for the full $450 for the second year on our next statement. I'd really prefer to not have to pay it at all, but we've already got over $450 on the card for the next statement anyway, so it's just a wash in the end. I'll just keep an eye out for the credit for sure.

Called in and APPROVED!!!!! :dogdance: They just needed to verify identity. No "business" questions. Now I just need to spend $7000 - with the upcoming Moab trip (VRBO rental/car/gas/food); Real Estate taxes; Home owners Ins and regular expenses, should be fine. I do wish the GOC was still an option as that would be an easy way.

Congratulations!!!

Has anyone here ever used the Hotwire or Priceline Express Deals to book a hotel? Just curious. I've been looking at some different options for our November Orlando trip and it looks like it could be a good way to get a cheap hotel if I end up paying OOP. I think Priceline actually tells you it's guaranteed to be one of four hotel options.

Just curious :)

Also, Mickey's Christmas Party tickets just went on sale... looks like that will be contributing to my CIP MSR.

Totally off topic but I know there are Disers on here with Wells Fargo mortgages. My mom lost or didn’t her 1098 from Wells Fargo. Does WF allow to go online and reproduce the 1098 or can you locate the end of year interest? I am working on my mom’s taxes for her and she did was give a statement from Nov.
If you didn’t find it online yet she can call and get the numbers. I’ve done it before.

I had seen your post about trying to do Moab on points and I was wondering how you'd done - I wasn't able to find ANYTHING on points in Moab when I was looking. I just got my SPG Biz in the mail - it took a couple of weeks, so I'm now in the same boat - chipping away at that $7k...

Bummer. Mine just credited for me for my purchase from Friday, so looks like three days is about right for everyone if it's going to work correctly.
Mine also just magically updated with more stars (they weren't there earlier this morning). You don't get bonus stars (ie. star dash stars) for getting a free item, do you? I used to have a serious sbux habit, but have cut WAY back - but try to work the bonuses when I do go these days...

Mine also just magically updated with more stars (they weren't there earlier this morning). You don't get bonus stars (ie. star dash stars) for getting a free item, do you? I used to have a serious sbux habit, but have cut WAY back - but try to work the bonuses when I do go these days...

Same for me- stars weren't there this morning. And no, I think the only way to get stores for anything, including bonus stars, is from purchasing with the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter