I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT DISchurners "SUPPORT" LINK UPDATE
One limitation of Reddit is that after 6 months a thread gets locked. This would not be fair, as it would not allow anybody new to add their links (although existing posters could still edit their comments). Therefore we will refresh the "support" threads every 5 months. Today is the 5 month mark. I have created 3 new identical support threads which you will find on the DISchurners main-page. The old threads will also be left up for a few weeks to allow time for everybody to copy and paste their links over. Here is the process I would recommend to efficiently get your content added to the new thread

Thank you for doing this!! All done and moved over. Just as easy as you said.

No, my hubs is diamond thru stays at Hilton and neither of us even have a Hilton credit card. I want those UR points so he uses a CSR for paid and leisure (point) stays.

Makes perfect sense and so nice to be able to earn hotel points and UR points at the same time!

Definitely helps. I would much rather put any chance to earn points towards my Chase accounts at any time since my HH card doesn't have any of those benefits as your Aspire does. That is another reason to sock drawer this card after this trip. Just glad that it isn't some sort of "requirement" to have to use that card in particular.

Absolutely! The other issue for us is that when we are going to use something like a free hotel night from a credit card benefit our goal is to make that stay as free as possible all around. We have no compunction spending a lot on our big vacations like the annual Adventures by Disney trips we do or a Disney cruise or two every year. But when it comes to the short trips, like long weekends that we plan around using free hotel nights whether by using hotel points or free night certificates our goal is to spend as little money out of pocket as possible since those trips don’t factor into our vacations budget. I imagine that might seem bizarre to those who have seen what we wind up spending and earning annually in points and money on our vacations but it makes sense for us. I also don’t mind the extra Hilton points for the time being for using the card at a stay because it is part of a plan for us to visit Bora Bora or the Maldives in 2020 on points.

Found a local credit union that accepts credit cards for the initial funding. So I open the account and get to the funding page and they don’t take AMEX!!! I funded with my Freedom Unlimited so at least I got $38 worth of points. The maximum amount was $2500. I’ll need to keep trying I guess. I wish I had a Visa that I was trying to hit minimum spend on so I wouldn’t feel so bad about wasting an account opening. This credit union provides Visa giftcards with no fee. Maybe I can buy those with a credit card.

How about the BOA Business Advantage cash rewards. After spending $500 get a $200 statement credit. No AF. While not earning points but earns cashback. How does this rate for us who are 5/24...
I attempted to get a BoA Biz card recently and they sent me a letter looking for 3 years of financials on my business and entity documents. I’m not sure they will just hand them out like candy. I ignored the letter and never got approved so it was a wasted hard pull.

Hmmmm, I don't know what we'll do then. Even with double dipping I think he would have a better chance getting one biz and one personal. I do plan on closing both of my SW cards in 2019 so that HOPEFULLY I can get another CP but I'm obviously not counting on that.
I’d say cancel the Premier and keep the Plus. Pay the $69 fee so you can Refer him to the Plus after he gets approved for the SW Biz.

Hey anyone know how long it takes amex to appear on your credit report. I got amex blue feb 3 and it still not showing. I am secretly hoping it a possibility that i can get a new card :rolleyes1

Amex has traditionally been slow to report new personal cards to the credit bureaus, often taking until the close of your second statement or about 2 months for the new card to show up on your credit report; but recent reports on reddit suggest Amex is reporting faster these days, with several data points saying new Amex cards are showing up on their credit reports after the first statement, so in a month to 1 1/2 months.

You get a little bit of breathing room when your new Amex doesn’t show on your credit report and won’t yet count against 5/24, but not much longer.

Sorry if I've missed this but there is an Ibotta deal for purchases from Lowe's made between 3/15 and today. Varies between 2.5% back and 10% back (I got 10!). Might be a great deal for anyone who used their Amex offer in the last couple days.
it says gift cards excluded..... so no dis gc?(I got 5%)

@Tikitoi
How about the BOA Business Advantage cash rewards. After spending $500 get a $200 statement credit. No AF. While not earning points but earns cashback. How does this rate for us who are 5/24...

Ah I see. Sometimes personal and cards and business cards have the same name with the exception of the word “businesses” on the front end or back end. If it is a business card then it shouldn’t (shouldn’t being the operative word) count towards your 5/24. That being said, if you still want cash over points and don’t want to affect your 5/24 then go for the Cap One Spark business card. I think the bonus is at $500 right now.

Be careful with the Cap One business cards.

DoC says this:

upload_2018-3-19_7-37-44.png

And Nerd Wallet says this:

upload_2018-3-19_7-38-6.png

So if you're trying to stay under 5/24 with personal cards, the Cap One Business cards probably are not going to help you.

Last edited:
No. I have never and will never use any of my hotel cards for a hotel booking, unless I am specifically getting a redemption by using the card that outweighs the points earned over using the CSR. CSR will earn me 3 UR points per dollar on a hoel booking and those UR points are worth more to me than hotel points since I can get better value out of them by transferring to an airline partner. The least value I will get from a UR points is 1.5 cents with the CSR and that is still more valuable than any hotel points with the exception of SPG. If I am staying at and SPG property and there is a promo, then I will use the SPG card because I value those points above all others.

As for Hilton, I'd use my Hilton Aspire card to pay for the stay for the $100 credit and $250 Hilton resort credits benefit that comes with the card. The card earns 14 points per dollar at Hilton properties and comes with Diamond status which will give an additional 50% bonus netting an average of 29 points per dollar. If I did not have a Hilton Aspire card, then I'd use the CSR. Hope that helps.
But if I'm staying SPG on points,and use that spg card to pay hotel fees etc at checkout, I don;t get a bonus for using my spg card,right? I'm better off using my CSR for this situation?

I just got instant approval for the CIP!!! Thank you all sooo much :love: , especially @SouthFayetteFan for the suggestion to use DH as a referral...100,000 UR points!! Woo hoo!! I have to call to expedite the delivery so I can charge some Disney tickets to help meet MS. Does anyone know if I call the regular customer service number? This will get us all back to Disney a lot faster than I was hoping for.Thanks again, you guys are the best! EDITED to add: This is a business card. I have done some Disney blog post writing and used that small "start up" info to apply for the card. I'm concerned now about making MS for this card. Can I put household expenses on there to met MS??

Last edited:
I called the Chase automated status line this morning to check my DH's CIP app, and it says two weeks. I know there is a whole Chase business approval tree somewhere, but I searched and can't find it. Is two weeks bad or good?

I called the Chase automated status line this morning to check my DH's CIP app, and it says two weeks. I know there is a whole Chase business approval tree somewhere, but I searched and can't find it. Is two weeks bad or good?

That’s the good one!

Be careful with the Cap One business cards.

DoC says this:

View attachment 309823

And Nerd Wallet says this:

View attachment 309824

So if you're trying to stay under 5/24 with personal cards, the Cap One Business cards probably are not going to help you.

Thank you for that DP! Good to know. Since I don’t pay attention to our 5/24 status I have not paid closer attention to which business cards do and don’t count. I was just thinks big of the highest cash back bonus I’ve seen on a business card lately.

But if I'm staying SPG on points,and use that spg card to pay hotel fees etc at checkout, I don;t get a bonus for using my spg card,right? I'm better off using my CSR for this situation?

As far as I know points stays never count towards a promo since those are for paid stays. None the less, you will still earn the points you should on your SPG card per your current status for incidentals. Since I value SPG points more for airlines than SPG stays we will usually pay for an SPG stay OOP if the cost is reasonable and is in the budget at the moment. Whether we pay with the SPG card or CSR would depend if there is a promo and the number of SPG points that can be earned would provide better value than the CSR points earned.

I just got instant approval for the CIP!!! Thank you all sooo much :love: , especially @SouthFayetteFan for the suggestion to use DH as a referral...100,000 UR points!! Woo hoo!! I have to call to expedite the delivery so I can charge some Disney tickets to help meet MS. Does anyone know if I call the regular customer service number? This will get us all back to Disney a lot faster than I was hoping for.Thanks again, you guys are the best! EDITED to add: This is a business card. I have done some Disney blog post writing and used that small "start up" info to apply for the card. I'm concerned now about making MS for this card. Can I put household expenses on there to met MS??
‭1 (800) 945-2028‬

And you can put anything you want on the card. Enjoy!

Amex has traditionally been slow to report new personal cards to the credit bureaus, often taking until the close of your second statement or about 2 months for the new card to show up on your credit report; but recent reports on reddit suggest Amex is reporting faster these days, with several data points saying new Amex cards are showing up on their credit reports after the first statement, so in a month to 1 1/2 months.

You get a little bit of breathing room when your new Amex doesn’t show on your credit report and won’t yet count against 5/24, but not much longer.
Okay so most likely it will show up in april for two statements have already closed on my account. So just maybe......

Aw man, just saw DH got an email from SPG for one of those vacation deals with the timeshare presentation. I looked back and it's the same one @calypso726 got except 5k starpoints.

How am I supposed to pick trips out of all the places to go? :rotfl:

That’s a better offer than mine since SPG points are worth more than AA miles. We had no plans to go back to Hawaii this year and had all our vacations all planned out for the year. We soon realized that the value was too good to pass up. Sorry if we could get the flights on miles we’d make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter