I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a fun idea when it comes to making the bonus spend on your new Schwab Platinum Amex. Book a Game of Thrones day tour in Iceland! If you get lucky, your guide is a medieval historian, ancient weapons master and an extra on GoT for 4 seasons. Therefore, has loads of cools stories to share! For example, no foreign horses are allowed in Iceland so creative camera work was needed for scenes when The Hound (who is very tall) is riding an Icelandic Horse. We met that horse and his herd mates.
A3DAF893-EAE3-4ED8-B69A-20DDF7DD5690.jpeg
EBA0135F-93A0-4379-8891-A85F360D63CF.jpeg
F3C48A82-4A81-423B-B9AB-6515E45F24CF.jpeg
582FF430-D704-4595-B1F5-1C40B7FCD786.jpeg
24A5CD1F-FD02-40C7-98E9-430CF32E55CA.jpeg
42B6386D-1189-4DB4-830D-1D90C7B8ADBA.jpeg
Moral of the story, making bonus spend can be fun too! Enjoy credit card Peeps. I’m off to Chase Northern Lights tonight!

question for Chase FR Walmart purchases..... If I buy online, thru Chase portal which is offering 2% bonus, and use my Fr card for 5x points, and then chase pay ,will that give me an extra 4x points basically? (or 4% in my case?) that's 5x + 2x +2x ,right?
I thought Freedom was in store only, not online ?

ETA my mistake

I'm immobilized on this decision! I'm posting here, although not strictly credit card related, but I've been reading as much as I can in this thread over the last few weeks, and this might be the best thread for me to get an answer on my international travel question. My daughter and I are going to Italy in March. Most flights for two of us are running around $2500. I just went though momondo.com, with returned a search option, linked through expedia, for the multicity flights I want, for approx. $1100 (for both!). The flights involve Air Canada, but mostly Luthansa. The return trip will have two stops, but 2 hours for connections. Is Expedia ok for international travel, or would I be in great trouble if something happens with any connection?

but not for checking-in (I think).

The terminology is confusing for sure. Boarding zones are preboard, premium, sky, 1, 2, and 3. At check in, there is general and sky priority, which is for diamond, platinum and gold skymiles members (and Virgin Atlantic Gold, Virgin Australia Gold or Plat, and skyteam elite members); individuals flying delta one, first class or business class. Sky Priority is nice because the bags are (supposed to be) first off, and the lines are shorter for check in and luggage drop off. Also in some airports there is expedited security (as in Barcelona but we didn't understand what he was saying so didn't avail ourselves of that :rolleyes:). My DH enjoys the sky priority early bags/shorter check in line so much (which he gets when he flies with me and our reservations are linked)that he allows me to occasionally fly random flights to maintain my skymiles elite status :)

That was a lot of words to say: SKY-boarding (essentially third); sky priority-luggage tagged to come off first and usually shorter lines at check in.

Our charge was $417 and to my surprise we were able to apply our Barclay points to cover the exact charge

Congrats!

Sounds like a great trip! We did our weekend before Thanksgiving slightly last minute but was able to take advantage of approx 25% off for FL residents plus paying with DGC (so 5-9% off). DH flew from a different airport and he used miles for his flight while I'm still trying to earn MQMs so we were cash all the way (but I'm happy about that!). Unfortunately I was going to put my new Chase Disney as our room charge credit card and after three weeks and two sms STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT :mad: So wasn't as good with the points/miles as I'd have liked but...that's what happens with last minute trips I suppose. Was able to still use a trick or two!

Sounds like a great trip! We did our weekend before Thanksgiving slightly last minute but was able to take advantage of approx 25% off for FL residents plus paying with DGC (so 5-9% off). DH flew from a different airport and he used miles for his flight while I'm still trying to earn MQMs so we were cash all the way (but I'm happy about that!). Unfortunately I was going to put my new Chase Disney as our room charge credit card and after three weeks and two sms STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT :mad: So wasn't as good with the points/miles as I'd have liked but...that's what happens with last minute trips I suppose. Was able to still use a trick or two!
Does the Card show in your online page? Any charges? Because that happened to my mom with Target Card. She never got the card and charges started posting from the next state over. I would make a call, talk to a live person and see if they can cancel that Card & send another

Anyone know of a shopping portal that credits staples using gift cards to purchase a laptop?

Ebates works for Kohls using gift cards only to pay Incase you only have gift cards.

Another question. What are UR points worth for each of the following when earned on the cards?
CSR
CSP
CIP
SW

Thanks for your help

Another question. What are UR points worth for each of the following when earned on the cards?
CSR
CSP
CIP
SW

I'm not sure I understand your question since the amount earned varies based on what are buying. SW does not earn UR. The SW cards earn RR points.

Anyone know of a shopping portal that credits staples using gift cards to purchase a laptop?

I used Shop Through Chase recently at Staples .com. I had to purchase a new shredder, bought a Staples egift card for the exact amount owed at checkout using MPX, paid for the entire order with that gift card, and received Shop Through Chase UR points credited about a week later.

Does the Card show in your online page? Any charges? Because that happened to my mom with Target Card. She never got the card and charges started posting from the next state over. I would make a call, talk to a live person and see if they can cancel that Card & send another

Thanks-both the first and second attempt have shown up on my Chase page. They've already cancelled one, sent another which also didn't show up. I sm'd them and asked them to double check the mailing address...that's the only thing I can think of that would go wrong twice in 2 weeks. Fortunately no charges as of 2 hours ago...fingers crossed!

If I don't receive a reply tomorrow then I'll call. I've been up since 2:30 this am and at this point need some sleep or I'll sound super snarky and that's not fair to anyone answering the phones :sad2:

If you plan to see the Northern Lights somewhere like Iceland I’d recommend you use a shopping portal when purchasing your winter gear. While taking these photos I was wearing ski pants, a ski jacket, and many other articles of winter wear not typically found in the closet of a Floridian. I was able to pick up several thousand AA miles thanks to shopping portal bonuses.

2B9A04E5-D528-440A-8AA0-3D3F2105E819.jpeg
53BB7E66-7C76-43FD-BA11-44CAA2492E5F.jpeg
5671D61A-652D-44FB-800E-444113FF3315.jpeg

If you plan to see the Northern Lights somewhere like Iceland I’d recommend you use a shopping portal when purchasing your winter gear. While taking these photos I was wearing ski pants, a ski jacket, and many other articles of winter wear not typically found in the closet of a Floridian. I was able to pick up several thousand AA miles thanks to shopping portal bonuses.

View attachment 284474
View attachment 284475
View attachment 284476
Keep the pics coming!

How can you check that your shop through chase trip was tracked? Used chase to buy a blanket tonight but wanted to make sure I’ll get the credit.

How can you check that your shop through chase trip was tracked? Used chase to buy a blanket tonight but wanted to make sure I’ll get the credit.

You can’t in my experience. The points usually post in 7-10 days if they post at all. I’ve had a few trips not credit so while I love me some UR points, Shop Through Chase is a little too YMMV for me to put all my faith (and spend) into.

what are you using to take pictures of it? they are pretty!

heh, like what @Lain said, its ymmv. I messaged Chase once when one didnt appear, they said they couldnt see it at all. it showed up a few days later.
i had an incident once, where i bought 2 iPad Air 2 back to back. One made it through shop with chase, the other one did not. when i inquired about it, they said that since i bought it on at a discount, it does not count....

interesting stuff. SPG is having a 35% off buying points...

the interesting part is that if you already bought 30k, you can buy an additional 10k. $227. gonna buy mooooore! u can never have more! :]

Ok... tired texting here. Tell me more. I thought you’re limited to purchasing 30k points per year? And what’s the best card to use to buy SPG points? Say a SPG Biz I’m trying to meet spend on? Or CSR (does it code 3x UR?)?

ETA: could you use the $300 CSR travel credit when it kicks in for some early adopters next month towards this deal?

Ok... tired texting here. Tell me more. I thought you’re limited to purchasing 30k points per year? And what’s the best card to use to buy SPG points? Say a SPG Biz I’m trying to meet spend on? Or CSR (does it code 3x UR?)?

you are limited but on the bottom it says an additional 10k is allowed during this promotional period.

Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET November 1, 2017 and 11:59 PM ET December 29, 2017 to be eligible for the discount. During this promotional period, up to an additional 10,000 points in total may be purchased or received by the account holder. These points are in addition to the annual purchase/gift recipient limit of 30,000 points. Purchased points do not count towards Preferred Guest, Gold Preferred Guest, or Platinum Preferred Guest Status. Transactions are final and nonrefundable. All other terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program apply.

Looks like 2x for SPG/SPG biz according to One Mile at a time. CSR will not code 3x as points are bought through points.com instead of SPG.com

edit: was able to buy 10k. i bought 30k earlier in the year. Will buy an additional 30k next year when they do 35% off again.

edit2: most blogging sites dont say what it codes. the recommend CFU if you dont have spg credit card. i check my statement, it codes for amex Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase. Only thing i can think that might get more points is the Access more card for 3x on internet purchases... unknown what it codes with master/visa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter