I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just a 3k around the bw area. I think it’s like $15 maybe? I used to run a bunch but have knee problems now so I can’t get much further than 2 miles. The 3k will be perfect for me. We love beaches and cream too but aren’t doing it this trip. We ate there in October and tried the no way Jose and on another night had the Mickey pants sundae. I want to try ample hills this time. We don’t plan on eating at yachtsman either although I’d like to try it sometime. Dah is costing us $750ish so we are going light on the food budget

I think No Way Jose is my favorite but the last time I ate at B&C it was the whole family (all 8 of us-parents, DH, DD, DB, SIL, DN) and we demolished the Chocolate Kitchen Sink. Even with mom and SIL abstaining by delicately eating their vanilla scoops the 6 of us had the sink cleaned in probably 10 minutes. I ate alone at Yachtsman the night before the marathon and some kind soul paid for my meal. I must have looked very sad...

So sorry to hear about your knee. I tore a glute running up hills in the Flying Pig Marathon and I haven't been able to run since. I miss my endorphins (and figure) so much!

Honestly, with breakfast, dessert and drinks in the CL you can easily have a smaller food budget. I remember when we stayed in WL CL for the first time and I was annoyed I'd made Artist Point reservations-I didn't want to leave the lounge:laughing:

Unfortunately rollover nights are gone as are combining nights from multiple credit cards. :( So sometime before March we should be getting 15 elite nights only credited to the account. Rollover nights and the extra credit card are the only reason we made Platinum. I fully expect to never see it again, we just don't travel that much even if we stayed every night in one program. Our goal is Gold every year - we only need 10 nights on top of the CC nights and since points stays count we should be able to do that. I have fingers crossed for Lifetime Gold in 3-4 years. (need 90 more nights and 2 more years at Gold or higher)

I do find it interesting that we made Lifetime Silver, for which a benefit of any of the lifetime statuses is that your points never expire, but we still show in our account that we have to have activity by such and such date to keep our points. So far I'm chalking it up to poor QA/IT, and based on the crap show that was the merger I assume this is low on the priority list to look into :laughing: And I'll be shocked if we see the 15 nights before Feb.

I found a $52 rate at a Fairfield Inn and I'm going to spend a few nights there and use my offer. I know it's a decent property, just off season and AAA rate. And, something I would have done anyway, just not at the Fairfield.

And, I'm already gold because of the Lux card so platinum is my next goal. I only need 3 nights per month to get there, so it's possible if I save my other points and use up my offers and gift cards. 34 nights to go, lol!

It's not your fault; Amex changed the rules. Last year, I remember you said Amex was like the nice old guy in your neighborhood who hands out buckets of candy on Halloween and tells the kids to take all they want. We were all lining up to sign up for Amex's cards because they had a new, best offer on this card or that every month; and why not, because Amex handed their cards out like candy. Who knew the old man would flip and turn card Nazi: "No bonus for you!"
I cannot believe you even remember I said that. I barely remember saying it :laughing:

And you are right, the card Nazi's changed all the rules on us overnight. So now our strategy has to change. We've been through this before way back in the GC churning days so we will adapt :goodvibes

Thanks for making me feel better!

I agree that I have seen DPs of folks getting the pop up for “higher end” cards like the Gold, then applying right afterwards for a lesser (no fee or co-branded) card, and getting approved without a pop up. Whether or not they get their bonus on the second card despite not getting the pop up is a new wrinkle.

whats another higher end card? I curious to know if ill get one next haha.

Instant approval for the Capital One Venture card!!! I've never gotten an instant approval before. We ultimately went with this one over the BoA card because the AF is waived the first year and the card can be PC'd to a no AF card. Pretty excited! The $500 back will go towards our train tickets!

ETA: My credit score has gone way up since applying for all of these cards. I proved the myth wrong about opening credit cards and it ruining your credit score.

Last edited:

This is true. Unlike the Cowboys, Steelers and even the Broncos, who have more of a nationwide fanbase, pretty much only NE people like the Pats. Most of that centers around Tom Brady's arrogance and the stain of previous cheating (whether it happened or not...). I also do respect Brady as a player.
We live by Seattle. The Patriots and especially Tom Brady get no love from us :goodvibes

I think No Way Jose is my favorite but the last time I ate at B&C it was the whole family (all 8 of us-parents, DH, DD, DB, SIL, DN) and we demolished the Chocolate Kitchen Sink. Even with mom and SIL abstaining by delicately eating their vanilla scoops the 6 of us had the sink cleaned in probably 10 minutes. I ate alone at Yachtsman the night before the marathon and some kind soul paid for my meal. I must have looked very sad...

So sorry to hear about your knee. I tore a glute running up hills in the Flying Pig Marathon and I haven't been able to run since. I miss my endorphins (and figure) so much!

Honestly, with breakfast, dessert and drinks in the CL you can easily have a smaller food budget. I remember when we stayed in WL CL for the first time and I was annoyed I'd made Artist Point reservations-I didn't want to leave the lounge:laughing:
Dh and I did the Kitchen Sink two years ago by ourselves after having dinner! We were absolutely stuffed after but it was a memorable experience. I really liked the No Way Jose. I would probably get that again. I can't believe someone paid your bill at Yachtsman! That was really nice of them!

I had tendinitis and both my IT bands were messed up. I did PT for awhile but it was so expensive. I just try to keep doing the exercises when I remember and try to walk/jog every day. I normally run 2 miles then walk the rest of the time on a treadmill.

We definitely plan to take advantage of the breakfast at CL. We normally bring boxes of granola bars (which we will still do for our cbr stay), but it'll be nice not to have to worry about it for the YC stay. I'm not sure how much we will use the desserts because we are doing 3 DAH with unlimited ice cream.

Yes, 75k right now. That's not a bad idea on doing the Hyatt for both of us. I need to pull up that DoC page that tells you which combination of SPG/Marriott cards you can get so I can figure out a plan for DH. Really only need Hilton points for our (hopefully) Hilton Tokyo Bay stay for Tokyo Disney!

So many points to get, so little time... and DH's Citi AA biz still isn't here!! I don't know what's taking so long, I got the benefits mailer, but still haven't received the card. I was hoping to use it at the vet's office tomorrow morning for my dog's annual checkup.

I feel like my Citi AA biz took forever!

Just making sure the AMEX 10% back from Staples will work if I buy the prepaid visas that are fee free right now...hoping to head there tonight before the snow starts

So Capital One told me my card will come in 7-10 business days. When I added Dh as a user it said his will come in 4-6 days lol. I hope we do get one or the other before our trip though so we can use it at Disney.

Seems to be a common opinion for non NE with the no love for the Pats. I actually dislike Tom Brady. Respect him as a player but I’ve heard one too many stories about how arrogant he is IRL

HUGE TB fan here. In fact my son is Brady ;) And yes, he knows after Tom Brady and I about geeked out when UM brought back the Brady! I bought him one for Xmas 2 years ago. He was 7 and it's an adult Large, LOL.

Ah yes, the Flying Pig. I ran her too. The training and the hills killed my back. Been a struggle ever since.

Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)

Liking because maybe you will inspire me to finally make my call. Though I will still carry a copy of DHs...

Were you able to go straight to a Freedom etc?

Yes, I've had the CSR for 2 years. Requested a PC to the Freedom, and I plan to max it out on VGCs/MCGCs. The call took less than 5 minutes. Feels good knowing I'll be refunded $450 and all our URs are safely on my wife's CSR.

Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)

:grouphug: Oh no so sorry your going through this now....but it will make you better/stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!