I love credit cards so much!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FairestOfThemAll37, Jul 18, 2016.

1. AmyAnne

AmyAnne DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this. I just finished the last of my Best Buy offers so this is good timing. Does anyone know whether any of the shopping portals credit for gift card mall?

2. Luvdancink

Luvdancink Mouseketeer

Apparently I will go under 5/24 in January but I don’t want to wait until February to open something because I have some huge bills coming. I have 3 chase business cards plus the spg business. Are there other business cards you’d recommend that won’t report so I can get under 5/24?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. liloca

liloca Mouseketeer

@wendow how long did it take to get your approval for the Barclay+? I see a hard pull from them but have heard nothing yet :sad2:

5. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

I applied late at night...maybe 11pm and when I checked the website the next day at about 11am, it said I was approved. Have you checked the status website?

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search

6. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed there, and don't know about conferences, but I have a friend who is picky about hotels and says that's a good one.

havaneselover likes this.
  7. striker1064

striker1064 DIS Veteran

Lots of possibilities. What are your goals?

Hilton Biz (Amex) is 125k + $100 statement credit via dummy booking. Amex Blue for Business Plus ($3k/10k MR through support links) earns 2x MR on every purchase up to $50k/year and is an excellent everyday card. Citi AA biz is a solid choice for AA miles. Barclays JetBlue biz is currently elevated at $1k/50k.

Those are just off the top of my head.

8. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

S
    The Costco 5 minutes from my house is building a gas station...looking forward to seeing the price since gas is so high here on LI

LuckyMamaInDE likes this.
  9. MrPTato

MrPTato DIS Veteran

RI just started doing Real IDs on Monday and my license expires on the 15th. Couldn't get one at AAA because my passport card has my full middle name and my license only has my initial. What a pain. Guess I have to go to the DMV at some point...maybe...to get it fixed. There can be a couple hundred people ahead of you when the DMV opens...lines in Disney are shorter on the popular rides.

10. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

UGH I can only imagine. I always seem to have to renew in person. Such a pain! NJ is one of the extension states so its only a matter of time before I need to as well.

11. Judique

Judique Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB

The Swan has conference facilities that are fairly small. When I stayed there I used to cut through those rooms to stay cool when we would walk back from mini golf across the street. They have the rooms that have sliders to divide them up. Not sure of price for a conference.

havaneselover likes this.
  12. kidsfirsttrip

kidsfirsttrip DIS Veteran

DP - Chase offer for 10% back at Staples (up to $5 back) worked with an online gc purchase (target). Cashback hasn’t posted yet but they are pending. Chase is slllloooooww.

@disneymagicgirl - id go for arrival + it’s the card I’m currently FOMOing. But I’d wait until you can go for another Chase biz at 4/24z. What about an AMEX biz to keep you busy on the meantime like BBP? You could then apply for Chase Biz when it’s safe and then move onto Arrival and Discover or Venture. I have Venture but I’ve looked into getting it again and the other 2 cards as well. All solid choices.

13. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

For the Discover it mailer does it have any bonus other than first year match? If not, support links at least get you a $50 stmt credit on first purchase. If you can use next year's categories to your advantage just have to decide if it's worth 7500 in spend for 10% back ( make sure you time it within a quarter so you get 5 in within the first year). Without knowing what's happening with discover deals it's pretty limited to category spend now, outside of any purchase you'd want 2% cash.

The 75k can be investments too and I think some IRAs, so doesn't have to be all cash. I thought about it briefly but we spent our cash and without it we're not even close so I didn't get too into the details.

PolyRob likes this.
  14. LuckyMamaInDE

LuckyMamaInDE DIS Veteran

Question about Chase offers---do you think they stack with the Chase portal UR bonuses? I have Sephora for 10% cash back and it's 5x UR through the portal.

disneymagicgirl likes this.
  15. Alexle2007

Alexle2007 DIS Veteran

I would think so as long as online purchases are allowed. I know it works with the AmEx offers.

ETA: Although you could do better buying the Happy gift card for 20% off on GiftCardMall.com and using it through the shopping portal.

LuckyMamaInDE likes this.
  16. Alexle2007

Alexle2007 DIS Veteran

TopCashBack as the best offer at 2% and eBates at 1%.

AmyAnne likes this.
  17. LuckyMamaInDE

LuckyMamaInDE DIS Veteran

How do you get it for 20% off?

18. Judique

Judique Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB

It's scrolling across the website when you click on the link provided.

19. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

Never been to Seattle but I’ll try to remember if I make it there. My niece has become sports obsessed thus the need for. Dick’s Sporting good GC.

20. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Awww thats hard. I didn't even know we have a aaa squirt team in Nashville. I have heard of the Thunder that is AAA for several combined cities (Nash, Birmingham, Atlanta I believe) but I didn't know they had a team squirt aged. I'm not that level of committed for an 8 year old's sports either. I am still learning about hockey. Hank was a mite last year, and that was sort of travel-lite, so this is our first year of the real thing and his is our first/only hockey kid. We learn as we go. Maybe your son could do AA or A1 next year if he isn't successful in AAA. I am fortunate to be able to pay his hockey with a credit card...whoop whoop!

21. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

Maybe useless updates on Chase offers -

* New 10% back at Sephora, max $10, one time use
    * My Advance Auto purchase from Sunday is showing as earned already, just waiting for the actual credit. No notifications whatsoever from Chase at any stage.
    * Advance is a multiple use up to the maximum of $6. Starbucks is usually the same, so check your offer details when you add them.
    * My IHG card finally has offers, Walgreens, Sephora and PetSmart. I didn't do anything with the card so not sure why they suddenly appeared today.:confused3

Tikitoi, speedyfishy and wendow like this.