I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not a question, just a comment that I tried to cancel for a AF refund or PC to a no fee AF for my CIP but Chase said no. I'm pretty sure I was within 30 days of the payment.

Definitely not the norm. If you're within the 30 days, you can cancel, and the AF would've been automatically refunded to your statement within a few days. (I just canceled my wife's CIP via SM, after the AF had posted and before the 30 days were up.) Alternatively, you can PC the CIP to a CIC or CIU (although, if you're under 5/24, it's probably better to apply for the CIC and/or CIU directly to get their bonuses). Even after 30 days, I believe you can still PC the CIP to a CIC/CIU and get a prorated refund of the AF (this works on personal cards, but I'm not up to date whether it works for biz cards).

I tried pulling up your referral offers from the reddit page, in icognito, clicking through the Gold card referral, and I only see the standard offers. Which card did you refer from when you found the higher offers?

@trstno1 - I know you have the Biz Plat, and I believe the BBP. Both these cards have 15k MR referral bonuses. I'd say generate a referral link from one of these cards, then open that link in an incognito window and see if the elevated offers pop up. If they do, that's a 15k MR bonus to your referring account and whatever elevated signup bonus to the applicant. Although, I think you mentioned you've already held the vanilla Platinums. So what card are you trying to apply for?

Sorry not a question, just a comment that I tried to cancel for a AF refund or PC to a no fee AF for my CIP but Chase said no. I'm pretty sure I was within 30 days of the payment.
Was it 30 days from when the fee posted though? If it's outside of that, a PC should give a pro-rated refund but I think there were reports that the CSR's say no refund at all but in reality a pro rated one is credited anyway (like it should ).

Yep the super-crowded week of Christmas!

I am betting that crowds have not gone down. We are planning to rope drop, and I think I am going to try for late morning to early afternoon FPs.
Good idea getting there at rope drop...most people don't and fastpasses later on

I split payment last week - couple of swagbucks gift cards, then put $51.08 on AMEX to use that Sam's offer, and last $20ish on my Freedom. Both ccs are in Dosh, but only Freedom credited :confused3 Did you do in store or online? Online seems hit or miss.

I have my Arrival + and Rose Gold Amex in Dosh. I always use Arrival+ at Sams and never had a Dosh issue. I did buy these cards in store plus about $200 worth of groceries. So I am owed money for sure. Sorry only one of your cards tracked. I'll do a support ticket and report back with what happens.

Card #2 is almost paid off and out my life for awhile so I’m ready for Card #3.
The bulk of what’s going on the card are my medical expenses which will be paid off in a few months with my settlement. I don’t want a medical credit card since they don’t offer any rewards.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to 4 cards: The Amex Propel by WF, Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card, Chase freedom unlimited and MC Bank of America Cash Reward card. My main priorities are cashback for medical bills and gas, signup bonus, and no annual fee.

Any suggestions on what card out of the 4 I should pick or any other options?

Are you sticking with cash back cards only?

Are you under 5/24?

If the answer is yes to both of the above, then consider Chase Freedom (CF) in addition to the Chase Freedom Unlimited (CFU). Both offer $150 sign up bonuses for spending $500 in the first 3 months. Which card to pick depends on if you would gain more from the rotating 5% categories on the CF (this quarter it's wholesale clubs/department stores/ChasePay) vs 1.5% on everything on the CFU.

I would look at the Chase cards first if you're under 5/24, and then move on from Chase once you're over 5/24 or have no use for Chase cards.

Of the other cards you list, the BoA Cash Rewards card seems to earn the most on gas and groceries and has a good signup bonus of $200 on $500 spend within first 3 months. I don't have experience with this card, but one thing that bugs me about my BoAPR card is that I can't set up autopay unless I have a BoA checking account (which I don't). So I have to remember to schedule a payment from my checking account to pay off my balance each month; there's just a higher risk of a late payment because of this since I can't set it and forget it like I can with Chase, Amex, US Bank, Discover, Barclays, & Citi.

Alternatively, do you have a Discover It or Discover It Miles card? Both have no annual fee. Both match your cash back in the first year. The Discover It card has a $50 sign up bonus for 1 purchase within 3 months, and you could earn 2% for the first year on everything (and 10% on the rotating categories - this quarter they are Amazon and Wholesale clubs) - this card is similar to CF with the 5% rotating categories. The Discover It Miles works out to 3% on everything the first year (and after the first year it would earns 1.5 on spend like the CFU); I don't believe there is a sign up bonus on this card.

Alliant CU has a Visa that is no AF the first year and earns 3% on everything the 1st year but has no sign up bonus, and after the first year there is a $59 AF and the cash back drops to 2.5%.

Citi Double Cash is a 2% on everything card, no AF. Sometimes it has a signup bonus, I don't think there is one on it right now.

Busy day but I just checked and his AF posted November 1 last year and says credit will post December. Once the credit posts I will use it and then get back on here and no doubt need help figuring out when to actually contact them about the product change. Triple dipping the credit like that would be awesome.

I am inclined to keep the CSR just for the car insurance, but since I have one and we rent through Costco with the 2 driver benefit having two CSR’s does not make as much sense. Now if Disney would come back to UR’s then I would feel okay about keeping it. I just am not optimistic.

Thank you guys! :)
You can downgrade your CSR as soon as you use the travel credit and it posts.

might have bought too much... its up to $20 back.
$400 max per trip!

Wait..."per trip"? Can you get the $20 more than once?

ETA: I see in the post above mine that you can, every 24 hours? Awesome! And we are talking about Dosh/Sams Club, right?

Last edited:
Wait..."per trip"? Can you get the $20 more than once?

ETA: I see in the post above mine that you can, every 24 hours? Awesome! And we are talking about Dosh/Sams Club, right?
Yes, every 24 hours. However I recently needed to run in around 23hrs apart and it worked.

Do you have any other Amex self-branded cards? Because if so, self-referral could be an option?

I mention self-referral because the public offer on the BGR is only 50k MR after $5k MSR in 3 months. A self-referral could pad the welcome bonus with some extra points.

The BGR has a targeted offer of 75k MR after $5k MSR in 3 months. Another variant of the 75k MR offer is after $10k MSR in 4 months. If you're comfortable with calling in to Amex, you could try to request one of these two 75k MR offers over the phone. The high spend on a $10k MSR may be challenging on your budget. However, because Amex welcome offers are generally once per product/per lifetime, you may want to try for a higher offer rather than settling for a lower public offer.

This would be my first Amex card, so no self-referral options. Is there a way to trigger being targeted for higher offers? A $10K MSR would be a pretty high hurdle for my budget, but 75k MRs sound pretty great.

Edit: Found the DoC link to the targeted 75k offer. But it seems like you have to already have an Amex account to log in and see if you are eligible for the offer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter