I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Card #2 is almost paid off and out my life for awhile so I’m ready for Card #3.
The bulk of what’s going on the card are my medical expenses which will be paid off in a few months with my settlement. I don’t want a medical credit card since they don’t offer any rewards.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to 4 cards: The Amex Propel by WF, Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card, Chase freedom unlimited and MC Bank of America Cash Reward card. My main priorities are cashback for medical bills and gas, signup bonus, and no annual fee.

Any suggestions on what card out of the 4 I should pick or any other options?

Thoughts for your thoughts....

Just SMed Chase and they confirmed I have until February to meet the $3k MSR on my SW Biz card. Now, I don't want to make this card my daily carrying-around card since I have to time the spend just right to get the CP. My credit is still unfrozen for a little while...should I put in an Amex Biz Gold rewards app? I'm thinking if UR for Disney is totally out of the game it may be a good idea to start working on MRs for the cash-out with Schwab option. I can meet about $1500/month in MSR organically minimum, or there's the PNC option. Yes/no?

Do you have any other Amex self-branded cards? Because if so, self-referral could be an option?

I mention self-referral because the public offer on the BGR is only 50k MR after $5k MSR in 3 months. A self-referral could pad the welcome bonus with some extra points.

The BGR has a targeted offer of 75k MR after $5k MSR in 3 months. Another variant of the 75k MR offer is after $10k MSR in 4 months. If you're comfortable with calling in to Amex, you could try to request one of these two 75k MR offers over the phone. The high spend on a $10k MSR may be challenging on your budget. However, because Amex welcome offers are generally once per product/per lifetime, you may want to try for a higher offer rather than settling for a lower public offer.

**SW advice please!**
My grandma asked me today to book a flight for her to visit me....ASAP. I have some UR I can transfer but lowest fares are 2 weeks out.I have a RT flight picked out now but her return isn't really set in stone. So my question is: Can I use my URs for her SW flights? Can someone give me quick rundown on what my options are if we have to change/cancel one or both of her flights? I don't want my URs tied up in an RR account for her as she doesn't fly much.
you can transfer UR's into your own acct and make her a res- then if you need to cancel the swa points are yours to use later

Just bought 2 $500 Disney gift cards from Sam's. No Dosh. Anyone have this problem?
I split payment last week - couple of swagbucks gift cards, then put $51.08 on AMEX to use that Sam's offer, and last $20ish on my Freedom. Both ccs are in Dosh, but only Freedom credited :confused3 Did you do in store or online? Online seems hit or miss.

**SW advice please!**
My grandma asked me today to book a flight for her to visit me....ASAP. I have some UR I can transfer but lowest fares are 2 weeks out.I have a RT flight picked out now but her return isn't really set in stone. So my question is: Can I use my URs for her SW flights? Can someone give me quick rundown on what my options are if we have to change/cancel one or both of her flights? I don't want my URs tied up in an RR account for her as she doesn't fly much.

I have read that if you call Chase, they can book SW using UR.

ETA: But then the ticket is essentially a cash ticket, and if you had to cancel, you would end up with a voucher in Grandma's name. So maybe fewer UR points to book (if you have the CSR or CSP) but also maybe not worth not getting points back for a cancellation.

Last edited:
I just noticed something interesting. Am going to refer P2 for an Amex card, and pulled my link up incognito. I'm seeing elevated offers through referrals - 75k/$5k Platinum, 25k/$2k Everyday, $250/$1k Blue Cash Everyday. That surprised me! Guess Amex is still monkeying with these things. The 75k/$5k Platinum is a no-brainer, with 15k for me it's a total of 90k MRs between the two of us.

Edit: Instant approved, no denial of bonus popup. I know that's coming one day, but we've been lucky so far!

Last edited:

Did I read above
Did I read your going Christmas weekly was that someone else......if so..not sure if crowds have gone down that week in 30 years but we tried going for a day once back then when visiting my sister in FL...total novices.way before fast passes and the line for Pirates was 3 hrs. At 1pm....if it’s that week I’d recommend rope drop...and booking fast passes a bit later

Yep the super-crowded week of Christmas!

I am betting that crowds have not gone down. We are planning to rope drop, and I think I am going to try for late morning to early afternoon FPs.

I just noticed something interesting. Am going to refer P2 for an Amex card, and pulled my link up incognito. I'm seeing elevated offers through referrals - 75k/$5k Platinum, 25k/$2k Everyday, $250/$1k Blue Cash Everyday. That surprised me! Guess Amex is still monkeying with these things. The 75k/$5k Platinum is a no-brainer, with 15k for me it's a total of 90k MRs between the two of us.

Edit: Instant approved, no denial of bonus popup. I know that's coming one day, but we've been lucky so far!

Wow, elevated offers from referrals? I thought referrals only lead you to the public offer.

If true, you're right that P1 referral of P2 to the 75k MR Plat is a no-brainer, especially later in November and December, and if P2 can't pull, or hasn't been targeted for the 100k MR offer.

And congrats to P2! Which card?

Wow, elevated offers from referrals? I thought referrals only lead you to the public offer.

If true, you're right that P1 referral of P2 to the 75k MR Plat is a no-brainer, especially later in November and December, and if P2 can't pull, or hasn't been targeted for the 100k MR offer.

And congrats to P2! Which card?

That's right, elevated using a referral link incognito. I was really surprised!

Got her the vanilla Platinum at 75k/$5k. A total no-brainer when I saw that. Who knows if this was a deliberate change, or some other Amex weirdness that wasn't supposed to happen. That's why I jumped. I was actually going to get her the BBP, but couldn't pass up the Vanilla.

It even had the usual language you see when you try for regular incognito - along the lines of, this offer may not be available to you if you close your browser or come back later.

EDIT: Just pulled it again and uploaded a screen shot (hopefully I did that right). You can see the "Referral Offer," and sure enough, it's elevated to 75k/$5k. This one is also showing elevated Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    384.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
RR is refunded to the account used to book it. So using your own RR to book a ticket for her and you change it, the points come back to you.
If doing cash and it has to be refunded as a travel credit, that travel credit gets stuck to the person the ticket is for. But refundable methods, like RR points, go back where they came from.
I have read that if you call Chase, they can book SW using UR.

ETA: But then the ticket is essentially a cash ticket, and if you had to cancel, you would end up with a voucher in Grandma's name. So maybe fewer UR points to book (if you have the CSR or CSP) but also maybe not worth not getting points back for a cancellation.
Thank you, thank you! For some reason I was thinking I had to book her with her own RR number/account. We have CSR but it looks like CSR portal is down? (Can pull up portal thru freedom) But based on SW cash price vs. points, transferring points is better value than 1.5x UR

I'd think Chase would kill SM before GCM. The heavy hitters are going to go with the former just to save a few bucks, but I get why you're willing to spend a few extra bucks on the latter. Or hey, Chase could just massacre them all at the same time and make a certain card even more worthless after you pocket the bonus.

i think SM = GCM. so if SM gets shut down, GCM will as well.
that is why i thought its funny cuz we all know GCM codes 3x on the CIP.

Got her the vanilla Platinum at 75k/$5k. A total no-brainer when I saw that. Who knows if this was a deliberate change, or some other Amex weirdness that wasn't supposed to happen. That's why I jumped. I was actually going to get her the BBP, but couldn't pass up the Vanilla.

It even had the usual language you see when you try for regular incognito - along the lines of, this offer may not be available to you if you close your browser or come back later.

EDIT: Just pulled it again and uploaded a screen shot (hopefully I did that right). You can see the "Referral Offer," and sure enough, it's elevated to 75k/$5k. This one is also showing elevated Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday.
I did see that the other week when the super referral links came out. I'm dopey and it never occurred to me that was unusual. I just happened to do it on my phone which is usually in incognito and a couple cards were showing that special offer for you incognito language. ( Not any of the amex cards, think it was some hotels for me)

That's awesome. I can definitely understand jumping now, because who knows what could change before November or December.

And once again, congratulations to P2!

pixiedust::cheer2:party::cheer2:pixiedust:

Question re: BoA cc...... ok I got DS set up with the $200 cb card as a starter- I am very confused right now about setting up online acct tho- The deal is he logs in under my acct for banking (his is listed in the accts page) b/c he was younger when he set up his bank acct. So when I tried to help him set up the cc it took him straight to our acct page for the confirm link,and supposedly activated the cc(?) I tried a $1 amazon load to see if card is working,and it went thru- but HOW is he supposed to see his online cc page this way? I see NOTHING on the bank acct page that indicates a cc (DS) ,yet the card worked on Amazon as a test- I tried just enrolling him with the cc# on his own and it errored out...... any advice here? (I hate this card right now)

I think he's going to have to set up his own online account for the bank accounts, and then his cc will show up there. Our joint accounts show up on both my and dh's bofa accounts, but our cc only show up on our individual accounts. I would click on "enroll" on the home page and then use the bank account info to set up the account, and the cc should be there.

I'm sorry, what was the question?
Sorry not a question, just a comment that I tried to cancel for a AF refund or PC to a no fee AF for my CIP but Chase said no. I'm pretty sure I was within 30 days of the payment.

I tried pulling up your referral offers from the reddit page, in icognito, clicking through the Gold card referral, and I only see the standard offers. Which card did you refer from when you found the higher offers?

I tried pulling up your referral offers from the reddit page, in icognito, clicking through the Gold card referral, and I only see the standard offers. Which card did you refer from when you found the higher offers?

I referred from the vanilla Platinum. I took the link down because I'm now maxed out, but I just pulled another link from my account on the Platinum and I'm seeing the elevated offers. Maybe it's just the Plat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!