I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lain or anyone with amextravel. com experience. If I book a Marriott hotel through the site, would I still get the Marriott points for the stay? What about if I were to use MR points?

Opinions on going for the lower-value 60K Platinum instead of waiting for a potentially 100K offer? This would be for dh who would not be getting any Chase biz cards (has CSP only; 1/24).

I just started collecting pins this year and I love it! We buy the mixed bags on amazon and have had good luck with them. I just like the actual act of trading with cms. They are so friendly and I have gotten some cool pins.

Yep...my kids sure to love trading pins...we had lots of different sets...DVC, Annual passholders etc over the years...but I’ve started going through my house sorting stuff..since the plan is to move in about 5 years so if the kids don’t want it...and it goes in my eBay room so I can research to see if it can be sold ...lots of stuff to list on eBay since my Mom kept a lot of my old dolls..etc....all profits go in the Disney fund

Pin collectors here as well :) All my kids love them and trade in the parks and at the resorts. I only buy ones for myself that I am keeping. We spend a small fortune between the ones we buy on eBay and the ones we buy each trip and the ones we order from disney...They're just so fun!

Opinions on going for the lower-value 60K Platinum instead of waiting for a potentially 100K offer? This would be for dh who would not be getting any Chase biz cards (has CSP only; 1/24)

Most people would give a solid NO on that. All 3 of mine were the 60K offer after I tried and tried and tried to pull 100K over and over. Finally I realized I was missing out on a lot of easy MSR (insurance, taxes, etc) by waiting and went ahead with it. I just try not to be jealous of everyone else's 100K offers.

If you can wait, do , if not...up to you. I have received a lot of value from both my regular and biz plats. I'll be closing my MB in Nov because, well, three is redundant :)

I only have one BoA card - Premium Rewards - and there's a tab for Special Offers that has 10-20 different cash back offers. DH has the no fee Travel Rewards card and has Special Offers on his card too (and his offers are better than mine that has the $95 fee). Do the AS cards not have that? Since we only have the ones that do, I can't see for myself. I was hoping to get one in the future if the sign up bonus goes up.

I'm not a fan of BoA either tbh, but since we get 2.625%+ on everything spent on these cards they are my backup cards for non-MSR non-bonus category spending. ETA: which is very little since I'm often buying VGC or MCGC with CIC or BCP or meeting MSR.

BoA has BankAmeriDeals with a bonus program, but it's not on the same level as AmEx or even Chase. In usual fashion it's not easy to find all details, like if Business cards are eligible, but they make it sound like they may be. However, I don't get a lot of great options pop up, it's highly targeted or regionalized. I got a 10% back at Staples once and another at Lowe's, but otherwise it's mostly restaurants, car parts, Comcast/Xfinity and Starbucks in the offers. The coin thing is new, as an incentive to use more offers, but I can't manage to find 4 offers I'd want to use to even get the base bonus. And even still it's only a few dollars here and there, so it's usually only worth it if you were going there anyway use the BoA card instead of, well, anyone else's. I think it's got potential and may get better but not very practical at the moment (which is good, cuz I really don't need any more cards from them, I have one too many already :p.)

I have those but I've never found one that was worth using compared to the offers I get through Amex, Chase and Discover. Like Discover had a spend 50 at starbucks get a 10 statement credit and app reloads counted. So I reloaded and got the statement credit quickly. I think the sb offer on my AS personal is up to $2 back. It was something so small it wasn't even worth the effort when I can do better buying gc elsewhere. I'll have to look and see if they have anything on the biz the next time I log in.

I just started collecting pins this year and I love it! We buy the mixed bags on amazon and have had good luck with them. I just like the actual act of trading with cms. They are so friendly and I have gotten some cool pins.

We love collecting pins too! In CA they sometimes have trivia contests in the photopass building with limited edition pins for prizes. The CMs are always so great with my kids - we are terrible at trivia and never win but we keep trying!

Just checked DH's online Chase account, and sure enough, they dropped the CL on his CSP to $1000! Suggestions? I still have to make a $4000 MSR. DO I keep paying it off every few days, have him call and ask that they switch some of the 30,000+ limits on his SW and CSR cards? Can I do it by SM? ARRGGHH!

Most people would give a solid NO on that. All 3 of mine were the 60K offer after I tried and tried and tried to pull 100K over and over. Finally I realized I was missing out on a lot of easy MSR (insurance, taxes, etc) by waiting and went ahead with it. I just try not to be jealous of everyone else's 100K offers.

If you can wait, do , if not...up to you. I have received a lot of value from both my regular and biz plats. I'll be closing my MB in Nov because, well, three is redundant :)

always wait. Amex is a once in a life time bonus. aka "7 years"

Thanks, guys. This is the argument I've been having with myself all afternoon :laughing:

Opinions on going for the lower-value 60K Platinum instead of waiting for a potentially 100K offer? This would be for dh who would not be getting any Chase biz cards (has CSP only; 1/24).

Even if you have an immediate use/need for the vanilla Platinum, you should never settle for the 60k offer. It's not too difficult (for many) to pull the 75k/$5k offer via incognito.

We don’t put a lot on credit each month (we have very little bills that could even be put on one). We do pay off our bills each month.
I’m basically looking for a way to maximize this purchase. Either with my current cards or by being able to quickly open another card. As I said we don’t really fly often so don’t necessarily need the perks (free bags, etc).

If you're not looking to open up many cards in the near future, it's not as much a concern on what or where you get a card now. So almost anything is probably more worthwhile then putting it on what you already have. With the CC issuer restrictions, I assume you're eligible for anything right now? Are you saving space for any particular card later?

Your DH can refer you to the Blue Cash, then he'd get cashback and you'd get the $200 bonus once you spent $1k in 3 months. Since your tickets knock out most of that it should be doable even with minimal spending. (not sure how much your husband would get, could be $100?)

Or you could both open a lower MSR card and charge each ticket separately to double up. You could refer your husband to the Freedom card, you get $100 and he'd get the $150 after $500 in spend. Then you could get the Freedom Unlimited card for the same $150 bonus. Might be more lucrative but less convenient to buy each ticket separately that way.

BoA has an offer for the Cash Rewards card of $200 bonus after $500 in spend, could each go that way too. Or would you like hotel points? For example, the Hilton no fee card is 75k - 100k points after $1k spend, depending on the offer. That's 2-3 nights at least for free which seems comparable at least (if not more depending on location) to the cash offers.

Yep...my kids sure to love trading pins...we had lots of different sets...DVC, Annual passholders etc over the years...but I’ve started going through my house sorting stuff..since the plan is to move in about 5 years so if the kids don’t want it...and it goes in my eBay room so I can research to see if it can be sold ...lots of stuff to list on eBay since my Mom kept a lot of my old dolls..etc....all profits go in the Disney fund
I never buy any in the parks. The only ones I actually buy are from the resorts we stay at. When we stayed at Coronado in July we actually got cute construction pins in our room for free! Those are super fun. I still need to get one from akl, and idk if the port Orleans have separate ones.

We love collecting pins too! In CA they sometimes have trivia contests in the photopass building with limited edition pins for prizes. The CMs are always so great with my kids - we are terrible at trivia and never win but we keep trying!
We don’t have kids and Dh actually thought pin trading would be stupid. After I traded in February he was like “okay I might want some of my own”. I bought him a lanyard and pins for his birthday so he will get to trade for the first time in October!

Just checked DH's online Chase account, and sure enough, they dropped the CL on his CSP to $1000! Suggestions? I still have to make a $4000 MSR. DO I keep paying it off every few days, have him call and ask that they switch some of the 30,000+ limits on his SW and CSR cards? Can I do it by SM? ARRGGHH!
I sent a secure message for them to move some of the CL from another card. It took about 24 hours, but they did it.

You're probably safe to send an SM and move some CL over. I wouldn't do the "pay it off every few days" as that could be viewed as CL cycling and Chase may not view that favorably.

I'm really appreciating Dh's car fixing abilities after reading all these stories..... of course his massive DIY skills make it hard to meet MSR at times.... even our new roof is about $800 in supplies (sigh...at least we maxed out our Lowes/Amex offer)

I’m more than a little envious of someone having a handy DIY husband. As wonderful as my husband is, projects around the house aren’t on his list. The last time the wax ring on the toilet needed changing, it wasn’t DH that did it. I figured I may as well just change out the whole toilet. Well.... you know how you are supposed to put a silicone bead around the base of the toilet? I siliconed the whole bottom. Bad plan:rolleyes1. If/ when it ever needs to be taken out, the floor will need to come out also.

Well the rest of you are praising your spouses, I'm ready to smack mine this morning! Logged in to pay bills... "honey, why do we have $300 charged on our AMAZON CREDIT CARD?" :scared1:

I thought we talked about telling me when I need to buy you more Amazon GCs or, you know, putting it on the Amex we're working on a 5k MSR for!!!
Amazon and my hubs have a love affair every weekend. I know what went down by Monday morning when I have a pile of packages at my doorstep. >:(
I just went in and changed the default card on his account to his new amex we are meeting MSR on. Thx for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!