I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does SW allow you to donate miles and extend your points life like United and AA? That can be a win-win :)

Unfortunately I don't think so--from what I understand, miles only stay active if you acquire some within 24 months. So (if I'm understanding correctly) I could buy miles but I couldn't even use miles to extend the ones that I would have left.

Oh ok. I should call and change my current CSP to the freedom then?

Yes, send a secure message to or call Chase to request a product change of your CSP to Freedom. If you've had your CSP for less than a year, then you need to request a product change from CSP to the no-fee "Sapphire" card, wait until that's changed, then make another request to product change the Sapphire to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. Chase has a rule against downgrading your CSP (directly) to a Freedom/Freedom unlimited in the first year.

Separately, you have to apply for the CSR (*fingers crossed*) if you want to qualify for the 50,000 UR sign-up bonus. Another option is signing up for the Chase Ink Preferred ("CIP") business card for the 80,000 UR sign-up bonus if you have your own business or a colorable claim to running a "business" (even something like selling on eBay, Etsy, dog sitting, tutoring, etc.).

You can pay part of the amount with your card and part with points. When you check in to swolphin tell them you forgot to add your SPG number to the reservation. Then you should be able to earn points for the stay.
I NEVER thought of that! what a good idea! And they always apply it to the cash part?

I was thinking of booking a room,(on points) but I need one night parking(25) a rollout bed(25) and the resort fee is 28..... would those 3 fees categorize as travel spend,making them credit back as part of the $300?
Anyone know how these fees would code on a CSR?

ALSO....anyone know if parking fees at Swolphin would show up as travel fees on the CSR? I was thinking of booking a room,(on points) but I need one night parking(25) a rollout bed(25) and the resort fee is 28..... would those 3 fees categorize as travel spend,making them credit back as part of the $300?

I've always had these kinds of fees recorded to the guest folio, so if you end up paying them on the hotel's invoice they should code as travel.

ETA: that's one reason why a lot of people charge all their in-park purchases to their Disney resort room, so all the charges appear on the hotel's invoice and they can earn a credit card travel bonus even for purchases that otherwise wouldn't code as travel (e.g. merchandise and souvenirs).

I've always had these kinds of fees recorded to the guest folio, so if you end up paying them on the hotel's invoice they should code as travel.
That's cool- In the past I paid fees with my spg, but I would like to use the CSR travel credit for part of these

Just wanted to post an update for anyone looking to redeem UR points to book a Disney hotel. Last time I did this I had to call Chase to get the "vendor confirmation number" as the confirmation number on the email I received from Chase confirming my trip was not recognized by Disney. Once I had that number I had to call Disney and have them convert that to a Disney booking number to link in MDE.

This time around, I figured I'd at least try entering the hotel confirmation number shown on my confirmation email from Chase. The Disney site accepted it and is showing the reservation details. Looks like they may have updated something in the UR portal so this time I had immediate access to the correct number. Definitely less calls to make this time around. That makes me very happy!
What does the number look like? I tried with the hotel conf. # on my email- no dice- it was long-with a dash in the middle

Oh ok. I should call and change my current CSP to the freedom then?

Just something to keep in mind that having a CSP *or* a CSR will let you transfer your points to travel partners. You can take the points eared on a Freedom or CFU and transfer them to a card like the CSR and then transfer those points to a travel partner. If you change your CSP and then decide the CSR annual fee is too high I don't believe the CFU or CF will let you do this on their own. With that said I love my CSR and won't be giving it up any time soon!

As far as this years travel credit- can I ask a question regarding timing? I'm still undecided if we're keeping DH's csr- I *think* it was opened on dec 1-3 last year- so that means when does the new year reset? in Nov,or Dec?is the reset for the new travel credit on the exact date it was opened? (and also the new AF that comes due?) I have to decide which cards to keep by next year anyway.... mine doesn't come due till January- I was thinking of keeping mine, but the timing is wrong for my Dec 2017 trip which I could use that credit on.... and If we keep Dh's, that means we could get two credits one in Dec,one in January?(we did that last year) or am I completely off base here?

What does the number look like? I tried with the hotel conf. # on my email- no dice- it was long-with a dash in the middle

Last time it was a very long number with a dash in the middle (which is probably what you have). This time it was just a 9 digit number. Were you able to get your vendor confirmation number from Chase? That's what I had to do last time and then have Disney link it for me over the phone. The process wasn't super difficult. I'm just glad the confirmation number on the email worked this time because it saved me a few phone calls.

@Lain Thank you for adding the DP's about plastiq and the current coding. I made a test payment for my mortgage using my CIP on 6/20. The payment was allowed but hasn't posted yet so not sure of the coding.

@Lain Thank you for adding the DP's about plastiq and the current coding. I made a test payment for my mortgage using my CIP on 6/20. The payment was allowed but hasn't posted yet so not sure of the coding.

So more Plastiq YMMV -- your test payment may earn 1x or 3x and your full payment to the same payee may code differently. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/6iss4v/daily_discussion_thread_june_22_2017/dj8zmu3/

Something similar happened to me. On 6/13, I submitted my base rent to my property management company using CIP, and on 6/15 it posted as "trvl, ship, adv, telecom" earning 3x. On 6/20, I submitted a much smaller payment using CIP for utilities, which is billed separately but also paid to the same management company, and the transaction posted on 6/21 as other earning just 1x. The payee info, rent/mortgage category, credit card, details and memo line were exactly the same for both payments. The bigger rent payment earned 3x, the smaller payment earned 1x.

DP from 6/20 says his rent payment coded as "trvl, ship, adv, telecom" and earned 3x: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/6iss4v/daily_discussion_thread_june_22_2017/dj8r4dd/

Last edited:
as far as csr price protection- does anyone know if i use it to partially pay for an item, (want to use gc's for the other part) and the price drops, do they help out,or only if the full amount goes on the csr?

as far as csr price protection- does anyone know if i use it to partially pay for an item, (want to use gc's for the other part) and the price drops, do they help out,or only if the full amount goes on the csr?

If you pay at least as much on the credit card and you are requesting reimbursement for, it is fine. Two times that I've used the reimbursement, I've had partial payments on the items with gift cards. One instance was we purchased DDs macbook. I had purchased $1,000 of discounted Best Buy gift cards and put the rest on my CSR. We found a $250 price drop and they send the check with no problems.

ok need some help , so i just got the SW plus, but once again they only gave it to me after transferring credit form my other cards. I currently also have the SW premier which I've had for 3 yrs, anyone want to try and take a guess on whether I would be better off, canceling the current premier, wait a month and apply for that so I can get bonus, cancel that and apply for the business SW, don't cancel and apply for the business SW. will chase transfer credit form a personal to a business or just denied the business, I'm currently at 3/24, CSP in april, Amex gold in June and the SW plus in June. one other point I really want the Ink business, is it true Chase will only give 2 business, if so what is the best way to get the SW premier, cancel and then wait and reply , or just go ahead and apply now without cancelling the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts