I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure... I put $10k in, pulled $9k out, put $15k in, bonus posted... I pulled $15k out because I was going to DHs account, left the $1k plus $200 bonus plus couple bucks of interest in there...

I have had several transfers in and out as I was moving money around from various accounts. Nothing questionable. Hopefully mine doesn’t get frozen.

I wouldn’t be too concerned yet. My mom was there, she called & they just wanted to verify she was the one initiating the transfers.

Ok, good to know!

I'm so behind on this thread...

But I'm reminded to call and get my Disney debit - maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I ordered a Fodor's Paris book from Amazon tonight. I'm thinking of doing Paris and then taking the train to Barcelona next summer, then getting on my cruise. We'll see.

I have no minimum spends to meet right now... I need a new card but nothing is striking the fancy. Perhaps a Capital One card. I've never had any of those.

This is weird... lots of people pull everything out and leave nohing in. Maybe they want to verify your identity? Do you have a credit card with them? Is the bank and credit card account linked?
Yup, they're my oldest card... 2014 haha. I linked the accounts.

I wouldn’t be too concerned yet. My mom was there, she called & they just wanted to verify she was the one initiating the transfers.
That's what I was thinking/hoping.

I posted recently about the small stand alone walmart neighborhood market coding as groceries on Discover.
Well that has changed...I went back and made a purchase and now it says "Walmart Supercenter".

When i called Cust service rep said that was mistake because even the stand alone grocery store is still
Walmart. Disappointing so don't try.

**On a side note 99cent store coded as supermarket. Go figureo_O

Last edited:

Congrats to your sister!

Can't wait to get to Hilton Head! We leave here June 30 and stop in Raleigh Durham for a night then on to HH for a week.

So where did you enjoy eating out at?

We just got back from HHI! We love going there. Our absolute favorite restaurant is Low Country Backyard. We had Dough Boys one night - good Gluten Free Pizza and yummy chopped salads. Java Burrito - like Chipotle only much, much better. Pomodori - nice italian restaurant. Wayback Burgers - good for a quick meal. We didn't eat at Seashack this trip, but it is a hole in the wall with good seafood.

Does anyone know if the oriental grocery stores actually code as grocery stores? Have to make a stop tomorrow for DH and DS?

Can you review the resort when you get back? I am always on the lookout for a nice beach destination!

If haven’t really had a chance to see much of anything. The view from our room is lovely and the resort is undergoing renovations. I spend most of the day in a conference room so I haven’t really had the opportunity to see any of the resorts or experience much. I have enjoyed the view from my room (below) in the morning and watching the ocean while I have my coffee. :surfweb:

I decided to wear a mermaid eye patch today since it themed well with the ocean. Still somewhat paralyzed on the right side of my face and still can’t blink, thus the eye patch. There is improvement and progress towards recovery so that is good!

AFAC2E14-1A89-4371-91DF-DAF42847A637.png

Checked my Amex this morning and I see where I received 10% back for the drink I purchased in an Exxon the other day, but have not received 10% back for the gas purchase I made at the same time. Hoping it just hasn’t shown up yet.

Has anyone done The Citizen’s Bank $400 checking bonus? I’m thinking about it, but wondering how long you have to have it open. It says bonus will post after 90 days. I’d have to pay the $25 monthly fee, but thinking still worth it, if I can close after 3 months. Also it expires June 30, so does that mean it just has to be opened before June 30? Thanks for any advice on this.

Regarding the PNC checking bonus, has anyone successfully received the bonus lately using Chase to trigger direct deposit?

Maybe, but you’ll have to run the math. Can you have your cake and eat it too is the q here! Can you hit what you want with Chase and then do this Barclay offer? (Barclay is rumored to have a 6/24 rule FYI.)

Thanks for that. Interesting about Barclays rule. And yes I'd rather complete my plans with Chase before I move onto other cards. So I will pass on this offer.

Gotta keep my Chase goal in mind...

We just got back from HHI! We love going there. Our absolute favorite restaurant is Low Country Backyard. We had Dough Boys one night - good Gluten Free Pizza and yummy chopped salads. Java Burrito - like Chipotle only much, much better. Pomodori - nice italian restaurant. Wayback Burgers - good for a quick meal. We didn't eat at Seashack this trip, but it is a hole in the wall with good seafood.

Glad you enjoyed your visit! I've been there on vacation more than fifty times, but the restaurants keep changing and giving us something new to look forward to.

I've eaten at Sea Shack a couple of times, but your other choices give us something new to check out. Thanks for writing.

Has anyone done The Citizen’s Bank $400 checking bonus? I’m thinking about it, but wondering how long you have to have it open. It says bonus will post after 90 days. I’d have to pay the $25 monthly fee, but thinking still worth it, if I can close after 3 months. Also it expires June 30, so does that mean it just has to be opened before June 30? Thanks for any advice on this.

I just opened the acct a few weeks ago. I read the terms 100 times and all is says is that it must be open and in good terms to get the bonus in 90 days.

I just got an offer yesterday from them to sign up for bill pay, pay 3 bills from that acct and get $50. I am going to try it. Pretty easy $50.

I just opened the acct a few weeks ago. I read the terms 100 times and all is says is that it must be open and in good terms to get the bonus in 90 days.

I just got an offer yesterday from them to sign up for bill pay, pay 3 bills from that acct and get $50. I am going to try it. Pretty easy $50.

Thanks, that’s how I’m reading it too, helps to know someone else sees it the same way! That’s great about the other offer too, would negate two months of fees!

My other question is on the direct deposit. What did you use for that? I’m a stay-at-home mom, so would have to get creative on that one.

Amex got me all excited yesterday and then big disappointment this morning. They sent us through snail mail a new support link for the BCE card, the offer is supposed to be $250 cash back on the 1k in spend, up from the $200 the current links are.
This morning I check it and it is a different link from the one we generated before so this is looking good so far. I type it in and it takes me to the same $200 offer :headache:
It's literally the same offer with same expiration dates and everything and no where does it say anything about the extra $50 bucks. If I actually handed the little cards out to my friends I'd be massively upset. Although it is in writing, physical paper from AmEx that says it's the Everyday Card and $250 so I'd be fighting with them for it. This is part of why there is a love hate relationship going with AmEx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter