I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh, Chase just lowered SO’s credit limit for the CSP/CSR to 4,000 each. It was at 25,000 and 17,000. I thought the minimum for the CSR was 10,000 doesn’t the limit have to be a certain amount or they can’t legally charge the annual fee?

Wow...did they notify you or did you just notice it online ?

I’m checking in while the kids are napping. We’ve been in Hilton Head and it is so beautiful here. It’s our second time here and we’re already trying to figure out when we can come back. I love that with CC points that we’ll be able to return sooner rather than later. We’re also putting a decent chunk towards the MSR on DH’s Hilton biz with all of the dining out.

And my sister called the Chase status line today and her CIP is approved!

Congrats to your sister!

Can't wait to get to Hilton Head! We leave here June 30 and stop in Raleigh Durham for a night then on to HH for a week.

So where did you enjoy eating out at?

I tried to do the Chase online, and was rejected because they are not in my state.

Bummer. These YMMV deals are annoying. There are lots of bonuses I can't take advantage of since they're not available in my state but DoC is clear about which states qualify when he posts them. The YMMV ones just get your hopes up which I find worse than just knowing up front if I'm eligible or not.

I tried to do the Chase online, and was rejected because they are not in my state.

It's really been hit or miss. You can get reports of people from the same city, one opened it up fine and the other's denied because not in state. Fortunately we're near the border and so we just hopped over to open it in branch. Some people drive hours to open accounts that way o_O

If I'm travelling there anyway I'd maybe stop off, but I don't think I'd actually drive there just for a couple hundred bucks.

I just got an offer in the mail for the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard. To get 60000 points I would have to spend $3000 in 90 days then another $3000 in 180 days. Has an $89 AF. Anyone else get this offer? Is it a good one? I guess I'd have to ask myself is it worth taking my last */24 spot. Since I just got to 4/24.
Maybe, but you’ll have to run the math. Can you have your cake and eat it too is the q here! Can you hit what you want with Chase and then do this Barclay offer? (Barclay is rumored to have a 6/24 rule FYI.)

Uhhh, Chase just lowered SO’s credit limit for the CSP/CSR to 4,000 each. It was at 25,000 and 17,000. I thought the minimum for the CSR was 10,000 doesn’t the limit have to be a certain amount or they can’t legally charge the annual fee?
WOW! That’s a huge change. CSR is supposed to have a 10k limit. Idk about the legality of annual fees, never heard that.

This adds to numerous DPs reported on /r/churning about Chase unilaterally reducing the credit lines on the two cards from a double dip shortly after approval without notice.

Copying previous related posts:

Heads up for Chase double dippers:

I've seen two reports on /r/churning today of successful double dips followed by a call from Chase a few days later -- one report called it a "credit review." It seems the Chase rep in one of the reports asked why they applied for two cards, and in the other asked questions about income, income sources, and past use of credit. In both cases, the cardholders were allowed to keep both cards but had their credit lines on the cards lowered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/8piooe/daily_discussion_thread_june_08_2018/e0civlb

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...s_central_thread_week_of_june_07_2018/e0c9y94

These two reports are the first I’ve ever read about Chase calling after a double dip. Two reports in one day is a little too coincidental for comfort so I thought it was worth mentioning here. Again, neither report resulted in the closure of a card or a shutdown (yet?), just credit line decreases. I don’t know if this is a new practice going forward, but it’s something we should probably be aware of in evaluating risk, and have a story ready if Chase comes calling. I’m very interested to see if there are more of these DPs as people continue to double dip. Will keep a lookout.

So last week, I relayed some DPs from reddit that reported calls from Chase a few days following a double dip, inquiring about why they applied for two cards, income, use of credit, etc., and resulting in lowered credit limits on both cards.

I've since seen two more similar reports from yesterday and today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/8r0nmm/daily_discussion_thread_june_14_2018/e0oxp6w/

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/8r9t2c/daily_discussion_thread_june_15_2018/e0pzhwn

These two (or three, including a reply) DPs don't report any calls from Chase; it just seems Chase unilaterally reduced credit limits on both cards without notice.

Visa Infinite cards like the CSR are supposed to have a minimum of $10k CL, but could go lower. (I think the point is SO was approved for $10k+ and then the CL was reduced.) I believe the CARD Act limits AFs to no more than 25% of the card’s CL, so a $450 AF could still be charged against a CSR with a $4,000 CL.

I just asked them to lower his Marriott limit of $25,000 since I don’t plan on using that card. I’m fine with the $4,000 limit I’m just worried if a shutdown is coming and if they will still be able to legally charge the annual fee.

It's probably time to just lay low with Chase for a bit and put the spend on the cards to get the bonuses. Don't worry too much - I doubt they could justify taking the fee and then closing the card.

Congrats to your sister!

Can't wait to get to Hilton Head! We leave here June 30 and stop in Raleigh Durham for a night then on to HH for a week.

So where did you enjoy eating out at?

Are you staying at the Disney property or elsewhere on the island? We’re staying in Palmetto Dunes which is right across from the Disney resort.

So far Poseidon has been my favorite restaurant. One of the best meals I’ve had in a looong time! Takeout from Bullies Bbq was good, too. Marleys island Grill was good (but very loud!). We ate at the Mediterranean restaurant in Shelter Cove last night and the food was good but service was so-so. It was a little scary for us because our kids have food allergies and they weren’t great about that. I really enjoyed A Low Country Backyard last time we came and I think we will try to go there tomorrow.

Lots of good choices around here!

This adds to numerous DPs reported on /r/churning about Chase unilaterally reducing the credit lines on the two cards from a double dip shortly after approval without notice.

Copying previous related posts:

Visa Infinite cards like the CSR are supposed to have a minimum of $10k CL, but could go lower. (I think the point is SO was approved for $10k+ and then the CL was reduced.) I believe the CARD Act limits AFs to no more than 25% of the card’s CL, so a $450 AF could still be charged against a CSR with a $4,000 CL.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I don’t think he got a call, but I’ll check when he gets home. Them reducing the limit doesn’t bother me we won’t need that much, but it was scary. I remember you saying people got phone calls, but I really just noticed signing into his account. I’m going to lower the Marriott limit and move a bit over to the CSR since we will definitely use that one more than Marriott.

WOW! That’s a huge change. CSR is supposed to have a 10k limit. Idk about the legality of annual fees, never heard that.
I saw some people on Reddit do it to avoid the annual fee. They then get downvoted and the comment gets deleted. Lain is right though it cant be more than 25% not 10%.

It's probably time to just lay low with Chase for a bit and put the spend on the cards to get the bonuses. Don't worry too much - I doubt they could justify taking the fee and then closing the card.
He will be waiting 7 months until his next Chase card now lol.

Are you staying at the Disney property or elsewhere on the island? We’re staying in Palmetto Dunes which is right across from the Disney resort.

So far Poseidon has been my favorite restaurant. One of the best meals I’ve had in a looong time! Takeout from Bullies Bbq was good, too. Marleys island Grill was good (but very loud!). We ate at the Mediterranean restaurant in Shelter Cove last night and the food was good but service was so-so. It was a little scary for us because our kids have food allergies and they weren’t great about that. I really enjoyed A Low Country Backyard last time we came and I think we will try to go there tomorrow.

Lots of good choices around here!

I've eaten at Poseidon on each of my last two visits. It was brand new and that's where everybody wanted to go and we all liked our food.

We like Marley's and also have eaten at the Mediterranean place one rainy night with my vegetarian friend. Haven't tried Bullies BBQ.

Have you tried Hudson's? I may go this visit if it works out. My friends keep recommending it.
I've heard of the Low Country Backyard but don't remember any details - what street is it on? I've been going for 20+ years and have eaten at a lot of places but don't always remember the names. Let us know a bit about it this time you go if you have a minute.

edit: Googled and see it's right by Redfish - I used to eat there a lot. We will check it out - easy to get to from the resort.

edit2: let me know if anyone gets/likes the shrimp and grits. South Carolina is one of the few places I eat shrimp! Usually nice and fresh!

Last edited:
Finally got another Giftcards.com order to go through today.

For those of you that don’t know giftcards.com sells Visa and Mastercard giftcards with your name on them and codes as 3x on the CIP. I ordered one $500 card for $508.94, and should get $15 with the CIP. I’ll cash out what I lost and use the $7.5 for travel. Not much, but it’s fun and I have no problems getting MOs with them since they have my name on the card. (you need to customize it) You can also get 1% back with ebates if you get a MasterCard. I’m hoping to scale this, but whenever I try they shut me down and I need to use a new email.

Hello from PA where yes, @Lain, I’m using my Hilton Biz for my business haha! Just caught up with everyone’s posts on here from today. Can also confirm that I reloaded my Starbucks card this morning with my Amex and immediately received an email that my offer had been used. I can’t recall if I got one for the Exxon the other day, I’ll have to double check on that later.

Just thought I’d share too that Toy Story Land is doing some “dress rehearsals” soon. My BIL has a friend who works at WDW and she received an email today that she was eligible to go to it before opening. Not sure if it’s something specifically for employees but that’s not the way she made it sound. So maybe we’ll see some pics/reviews soon!

When I opened my account, I had the Disney Visa and CSR, so the banker was like did you know we have disney debit cards too??

So now I have both castles in my wallet :)
My wife has the old Cinderella castle in the clouds on her Premier card. I told her that if she looses it/fraud or when it is time for renewal...she won't have that design anymore. I think it was replaced with the DL 60th a couple years back.

Funny you say that, we had castles too so hubby said he picked the group shot for the debit so there's no mix up :)

(which is why I think he only had Disney design options, because when it showed up as Disney I asked him something about picking the Disney over the regular debit and he said he picked that one because the castle might get confusing. So I let it go and just assumed they took a page from Oprah and everyone got a Disney debit with a checking account now :laughing:)

I used to have a castle but they discontinued my design (you mean they won't keep making the 50th anniversary picture forever? darn) and I wasn't using it much so I didn't really mind it was the grey Mickey default one. But now they discontinued that one too so I wonder what I'll get next :laughing: Hopefully they have a nice castle again by then :)

My wife has the old Cinderella castle in the clouds on her Premier card. I told her that if she looses it/fraud or when it is time for renewal...she won't have that design anymore. I think it was replaced with the DL 60th a couple years back.

Ive got the DLR 60th one, and a sort of Cinderella castle.

20180620_152526.png

I have the castle too on my first Disney Visa card...also says Day 1 & Disney Vacation Club....it came with a pin as well when I opened it

Forgot to say I received my last months bank statement today to send to Barclays as part of my identity verification for the AA card. Despite their assurances that my name would be updated, the geniuses at BoA did not change my maiden name to my married name. I’ve only been married three years now and all my credit cards AND checks with them reflect my married name :mad: I guess I’ll just put a note on it that the bank has repeatedly failed to change my name and that my DL and SS card are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter