I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWYD? I really want to get the CSP at the 80k SUB before that offer expires on 11/8. Here’s the problem - I was denied for a CF on 6/15 because I’d had too many credit checks. I’ve got 7 on my record now, and the next one falls off 11/20 - after the CSP promo expires.

I’m debating if I should go ahead and apply for the CSP before 11/8, even though I’ll still have the 7 credit checks that got me denied in June. Chase seemed to be pretty grumpy about approving applications in general over the summer, so I’m hoping they’ve eased up a bit since then. My credit score is over 820.

WWYD? Apply for the CSP, or just wait until after 11/20 and take a worse SUB?

(Related question - is 7 checks actually a lot to have on your record? I’m not remotely aggressive at the credit card game, so I have to imagine other folks have a lot more??)

(Oh and despite having 7 credit checks, I’m only at 1/24, so that’s not an issue.)

(paging @SouthFayetteFan - I’d love to get your expert opinion!)

Last edited:
WWYD? I really want to get the CSP at the 80k SUB before that offer expires on 11/8. Here’s the problem - I was denied for a CF on 6/15 because I’d had too many credit checks. I’ve got 7 on my record now, and the next one falls off 11/20 - after the CSP promo expires.

I’m debating if I should go ahead and apply for the CSP before 11/8, even though I’ll still have the 7 credit checks that got me denied in June. Chase seemed to be pretty grumpy about approving applications in general over the summer, so I’m hoping they’ve eased up a bit since then. My credit score is over 820.

(Related question - is 7 checks actually a lot to have on your record? I’m not remotely aggressive at the credit card game, so I have to imagine other folks have a lot more??)

(Oh and despite having 7 credit checks, I’m only at 1/24, so that’s not an issue.)
I would apply, it seems like they have loosened up their restrictions since this summer.

(paging @SouthFayetteFan - I’d love to get your expert opinion!)
I feel like in the midst of Apr-Jul Chase was really tightening up. Denials like yours weren’t uncommon. The tide turned in Sept though so I wouldn’t be afraid to try again with your stats.

DH approved for the Brilliant! He had to call recon though. Canceled his Bonvoy Biz over chat on Saturday to get him to 3 credit cards. Wanted to avoid him having to call. Probably should have waited longer. But I got antsy wondering if he'll get the pop-up. I haven't been that good about putting spend on all his cards since the pandemic hit. Call took a while. First they couldn't find his app, had to give the app number from the e-mail. Was told can only have 4 credit cards. Then a long hold time after he told them he canceled a card before he was approved.

Even here this weekend is mid 40s with lows in the 30s, down to 32 on Sat night. Way to early for Seattle to be this cold. I don't even think of swapping my bedspread for my comforter until some time in Nov. Will def have the extra blanket on the bed this weekend.

Wow. It still feels like summer here. I'm actually looking forward to fall weather this year.

DH approved for the Brilliant! He had to call recon though. Canceled his Bonvoy Biz over chat on Saturday to get him to 3 credit cards. Wanted to avoid him having to call. Probably should have waited longer. But I got antsy wondering if he'll get the pop-up. I haven't been that good about putting spend on all his cards since the pandemic hit. Call took a while. First they couldn't find his app, had to give the app number from the e-mail. Was told can only have 4 credit cards. Then a long hold time after he told them he canceled a card before he was approved.

Congratulations!

I thought I’d share some pictures of ds since he’s wearing his nightmare before Christmas outfit. It says “nightmare before nap time”. We laugh at the last one because he looks so formal lol
So cute! Having never seen either of you in person, I think he looks just like your husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!