I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, congratulations on your accomplishments so far! I get the excitement of working to a goal, and throw in the whirlwind of the refi to boot, and it's easy to miss out on the little details. But if I were you, I'd want to take a breath now and relook at some of the things you put in motion.

Regarding your bank bonus adventures, you may still be able to salvage them. You say it was at the end of the offer terms but usually the date listed for the promotion is the last date to open the account. Then starting from open date you have X days to complete the requirements. There are exceptions that have exact dates, but I don't believe USBank is one of them. If that's the case, then you should relook at the requirements and see if your DDs still have time to work.

Second, you mentioned contacting customer service. Was that to see if your Chase "DD" qualified? If the terms of the bonus want a Direct Deposit rather than a normal deposit, then when human eyes look at it they'll likely tell you that you don't qualify. Transfers can trick automated systems but not usually if you get eyes on the account. We don't advise contacting the bank when you haven't met the conditions of the bonus legitimately. Also with the Chase transfer, the real time option doesn't usually trigger bonuses because it's not an ACH transaction, IIRC. Would have to look that up for USBank to confirm, see what the DPs say.

Fingers crossed for you that you can salvage it without too much trouble!
AHHHH!!! I didn’t even think about contacting CS possibly being a problem...dang, I might have messed it up anyway. Lesson learned 😔

So I’m taking my parents to visit my siblings in a couple of weeks. Okc & DAL. Thinking about walking through the airports and my purse is always slipping off my carryon. Isnt there a strap you can buy that keeps it all together so I don’t have to fight with luggage while keeping up with their wheelchairs?

@Lain Any suggestions for a hotel if we go to the Brewers v. Dodgers series July 20-22? I'm guessing it's not as easy to get around there as it was in SF last summer with all the great tips you gave me for our Brew Crew v. Giants series.

AHHHH!!! I didn’t even think about contacting CS possibly being a problem...dang, I might have messed it up anyway. Lesson learned 😔
It sounds like you're still in the offer window since you met the specific date requirements so there's still time to get through the automatic process. If it won't prevent you from starting other things I'd play this out and see what happens.

The last comment in this chain here mentions the real time transfers but no definitive answer on their effectiveness.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-bank-300-in-branch-checking-bonus/#comment-825823
This might seem like standard pushes are the way to go:

I'm not in US bank footprint so I'm not first hand familiar. Just some DPs I could find on a quick search. 🤞

as someone who has ferreted out some of the best Mexican food in CT :rotfl2: I can say without hesitation that I would NEVER eat at San Angel Inn again...(It's been 18 years now lol) no no no. We have gotten some qs at the place near the water in Epcot and that is passable for theme park eats....:thumbsup2
Hacienda it is! I’m intrigued by this large seafood platter...

This isn’t credit card related, per se, but I’m throwing it out there because it was a VERY good scam attempt that my daughter narrowly avoided this afternoon.

She got a call from PNC bank, supposedly. Obviously, later my dd realized the number was spoofed. The woman knew the last four numbers of her debit card and her address, and said there had been some suspected fraud on her account. Asked if she had been traveling. Daughter said no. Agent told her there had been an $83 debit from somewhere. That’s when she said they would be happy to send a new card to her address at 1 Main Street, anytown, USA , but that she was going to switch her over to an automated system so she could enter her current pin # and a new pin # for her new card.

Thank goodness my daughters spider senses tingled then. She asked if she could hang up and call the bank back. The agents reply was that the fraud center only did outbound calls on the weekend, at which point my daughter realized it was definitely a scam. The person on the other end tried to scare her by saying if she didn’t enter her new pin now, her card would be at risk until Monday when the bank would accept an incoming call. ( yeah, right. Clue number three right there. They would have shut her card down right away if there were suspected fraud. ) Anyhow, she told the woman she was hanging up and called the bank direct. There was no fraudulent activity on her card and they hadn’t called.

Anyhow, just wanted to let others know because it was a very believable attempt, and until she was asked to enter her pin, my daughter believed it was PNC. As an aside, I have been urging her for months not to use her debit card, and I do think she has cut down drastically. Oh, I CAN keep this cc related. She has opened a couple of cards this year, one from my referral, so she’s learning!

This isn’t credit card related, per se, but I’m throwing it out there because it was a VERY good scam attempt that my daughter narrowly avoided this afternoon.

She got a call from PNC bank, supposedly. Obviously, later my dd realized the number was spoofed. The woman knew the last four numbers of her debit card and her address, and said there had been some suspected fraud on her account. Asked if she had been traveling. Daughter said no. Agent told her there had been an $83 debit from somewhere. That’s when she said they would be happy to send a new card to her address at 1 Main Street, anytown, USA , but that she was going to switch her over to an automated system so she could enter her current pin # and a new pin # for her new card.

Thank goodness my daughters spider senses tingled then. She asked if she could hang up and call the bank back. The agents reply was that the fraud center only did outbound calls on the weekend, at which point my daughter realized it was definitely a scam. The person on the other end tried to scare her by saying if she didn’t enter her new pin now, her card would be at risk until Monday when the bank would accept an incoming call. ( yeah, right. Clue number three right there. They would have shut her card down right away if there were suspected fraud. ) Anyhow, she told the woman she was hanging up and called the bank direct. There was no fraudulent activity on her card and they hadn’t called.

Anyhow, just wanted to let others know because it was a very believable attempt, and until she was asked to enter her pin, my daughter believed it was PNC. As an aside, I have been urging her for months not to use her debit card, and I do think she has cut down drastically. Oh, I CAN keep this cc related. She has opened a couple of cards this year, one from my referral, so she’s learning!
Yikes! I would be concerned that they had her phone # and debit card info. I hope PNC is issuing her a new card now.

Not much better in churning that seeing the CIP tracker saying you did it! I now have enough UR's for our flights to Japan which I can't book until the fall. But I need some more for our Hyatt nights but I can't do another card until March so I've got time to figure it out. I want to be done with chase biz with the next card so I can move on to amex to get the hilton points we need for TDL. But I'm happy to be over the biggest hurdle as it was my biggest worry. I'll start worrying about actually getting the flights in late summer 😂
Yes! I can see my support bonus pending and DHs CIP tracker is over $5k. Yay for more URs. Spent this evening researching how to spend said URs in NOLA
I'm so glad you said something! US Bank's seemed so easy, but convoluted at the same time. I went back and looked at the actual offer, and I think I got my notes confused. This is the text from the offer:

You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply. A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account. To earn the $300 bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) online by December 8, 2019. Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening, and be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by December 13, 2019.

I opened the account on 12/7, and we got the online account set up a few days later, in time for me to set up the first DD on 12/13. So the online account was set up by the 13th. I've deposited $500 each in 4 different transfers from Chase, with two more coming in the next week or so for good measure. I was thinking the first deposit was required by the 13th.. maybe it's okay after all?? Fingers crossed!
The thing that might get you is when they considered the account open. I opened an account at a local bank the last day of the offer. I applied online but they didn’t consider it opened until the account funded and it took them 5 business days to post my transfer. Bonus denied since they count the day the first deposit posted as the opening day. Ugh. Note to self, never apply less than 10 days before the offer ends.
Yep, the bag bungee

Dh and younger dd swear by them!
DH got some in his Christmas stocking!

Last edited:
ah, we'll just miss you then. I hope you have a great time! I'm hoping for a room upgrade(diamond) but we'll see what happens.

Diamond here as well. A room upgrade would be nice, but I’m more excited about Wailea Beach right at the resort and I’m sure my kiddo will want to spend many hours at the pools, and there’s an entire island out there. So yeah, not a big deal.

Planning to catch a sunrise at Haleakala and visit the Ali’I Kula Lavender Farm one day. We’ve also made dinner reservations at Mama’s Fish House around sunset (wow, those go fast). Still penciling in other activities. DW is not fond of “road trips” but I feel like the Road to Hana should be on our list, and maybe a hike in Iao Valley?

Hope you enjoy your trip! And thanks for the offer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter