I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, new here. I have a lot of reading to do but wanted to comment on staying in the Marriott village. I just made a one night reservation for end of January for $100 with AAA discount. Free breakfast but $15/day for parking. Still can’t beat the price. Are landing late evening at MCO and didn’t want to use my DVC points.

A quick question about MPX. We use the MPE exclusively. I just signed up for the app after reading about it here. When I purchase something with that card does it automatically sync with the app? Or can someone direct me to where I can read more about it? TIA.

Yes, Fairfield and Springfield (along Residence Inn) all have free breakfast.
I'm so torn! I could stay at one of these for free using FNC's or Sheraton Vistana for $122 night (UR point cost). I'm not expecting much time in the room since we will be hitting the parks, moving dd in to the DCP housing, shopping, meeting new people, etc.

ETA: Currently booked at Marriott Grande Vista for the first two nights and while it looks really nice, I'm afraid it might be further away than we want to be since we will be running around a lot.

I'm a few pages behind, so apologies if this is redundant, but just wanted to post about the CSR Lyft benefit. I happened to be at WDW on Sun. (1/12) when the new Lyft benefit kicked in for the CSR. I needed to Uber of Lyft back to the airport due to a key dining reservation (California Grill brunch!) that didn't leave me enough time for ME. I activated my Lyft membership in the app before calling for my airport ride. I got the 15% discount on that ride, and I can verify that the charge earned 10x on my CSR (split 7x to Lyft and 3x to travel). I'm a pretty frequent ride share user, so my game plan going forward is to use Uber until my $15 Amex monthly credit is used and then switch to Lyft for the remainder of that month.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before since I’ve been skimming the thread.

For those of us with a CSR: Once you link your CSR card to your Lyft account there’s more to do besides the Pink membership for 15% off so you can increase your bang for your buck. If you link your Hilton Honors account and your Delta Sky Pesos account you can double dip and earn extra points and miles for your Lyft rides too.

Yes. Forgot that in the post I just did about CSR/Lyft. My Hilton account was linked to my Lyft account, and I can already see the extra Hilton points earned from my handful of Lyft rides while at WDW last weekend. I linked my Delta account yesterday so I can start earning Delta miles too....

I'm a few pages behind, so apologies if this is redundant, but just wanted to post about the CSR Lyft benefit. I happened to be at WDW on Sun. (1/12) when the new Lyft benefit kicked in for the CSR. I needed to Uber of Lyft back to the airport due to a key dining reservation (California Grill brunch!) that didn't leave me enough time for ME. I activated my Lyft membership in the app before calling for my airport ride. I got the 15% discount on that ride, and I can verify that the charge earned 10x on my CSR (split 7x to Lyft and 3x to travel). I'm a pretty frequent ride share user, so my game plan going forward is to use Uber until my $15 Amex monthly credit is used and then switch to Lyft for the remainder of that month.
Did you happen to compare prices between the two? I was at DLR last week and Uber was consistently $2-$4 cheaper for my rides. The Lyft discount hadn't rolled out on the CSR yet and I don't have the AMEX Uber credit, so it was a no-brainer. My head will most likely explode when I have to start doing the math! 😁

Been a busy couple of weeks for me. FIL was put in hospice shortly before our Aruba trip on January 4th. Wasn’t sure if we would still go but DH was at peace with it. We got back the 10th and FIL passed away this morning. So we all got to spend more time with him even though he was not really there. But would squeeze your hand when talking to him. Glad we made it back before he passed.

On to lighter topics. Aruba trip was good. Had flights booked for 7 of us with AA reward flights. I knew my shutdown rate was low but you just didn’t know what could happen. Everything was fine. No issues at all. Stayed at the Marriott Renaissance and Marriott Stellaris with Marriott points. Liked both places very much. But boy Aruba is not cheap. Weather was great!!

So I had upgraded last April to the Amex Brilliant card and paid the $450 fee. I thought that the fee would not be due again until then but I just got hit with the annual fee again. Not sure if I should keep it. This year we have trips to Vegas/Disneyland and then an Alaskan Cruise and Caribbean Cruise. So not sure when I would get to take advantage of all the extras. Would love others input. Can I downgrade the card and the upgrade again if needed?

CSR annual fee was just paid in November so have a bit to think about that. But we normally book cruises with the points so will probably keep it. Unless they come up with a new SUB. DH may be eligible for that. Have to look at my spreadsheet but our internet has been down at work since yesterday afternoon. Cant get anything done. Everything is online!!

@LynnTH Sorry about your FIL. What a blessing you were able to spend some time with him after your trip.

I also use my UR's for cruises so will keep the card as well, even though LYFT and DD is mostly useless to me. I do use the PP restaurant perk and have gotten $168 of value from that since my renewal in September.

Did you happen to compare prices between the two? I was at DLR last week and Uber was consistently $2-$4 cheaper for my rides. The Lyft discount hadn't rolled out on the CSR yet and I don't have the AMEX Uber credit, so it was a no-brainer. My head will most likely explode when I have to start doing the math! 😁

I didn't consciously compare, but I do think the Lyft rides were a little more than Uber. I did Lyft a couple of times before 1/12 just in case the benefit kicked in early (I can confirm the 10x did not), but I did notice that the Lyft rides seemed to be a little more than the Uber riders I had done earlier in the trip (although the routes were all different, so not exactly apples to apples), so I went back to Uber until 1/12. My eyeballing of the difference suggested it wasn't more than 15% though, plus the 10x adds more value (along with the Hilton and Delta points/miles), so I will probably stick with my plan going forward to use Lyft after I exhaust my Amex Uber credits unless it seems the Lyft prices are really out of whack. Much of our ride share activity occurs in CA where Uber just changed its pricing policy in a negative way anyway, so its seems like we'll be better off with Lyft until they follow suit with their policy....

Been a busy couple of weeks for me. FIL was put in hospice shortly before our Aruba trip on January 4th. Wasn’t sure if we would still go but DH was at peace with it. We got back the 10th and FIL passed away this morning. So we all got to spend more time with him even though he was not really there. But would squeeze your hand when talking to him. Glad we made it back before he passed.

On to lighter topics. Aruba trip was good. Had flights booked for 7 of us with AA reward flights. I knew my shutdown rate was low but you just didn’t know what could happen. Everything was fine. No issues at all. Stayed at the Marriott Renaissance and Marriott Stellaris with Marriott points. Liked both places very much. But boy Aruba is not cheap. Weather was great!!

So I had upgraded last April to the Amex Brilliant card and paid the $450 fee. I thought that the fee would not be due again until then but I just got hit with the annual fee again. Not sure if I should keep it. This year we have trips to Vegas/Disneyland and then an Alaskan Cruise and Caribbean Cruise. So not sure when I would get to take advantage of all the extras. Would love others input. Can I downgrade the card and the upgrade again if needed?

CSR annual fee was just paid in November so have a bit to think about that. But we normally book cruises with the points so will probably keep it. Unless they come up with a new SUB. DH may be eligible for that. Have to look at my spreadsheet but our internet has been down at work since yesterday afternoon. Cant get anything done. Everything is online!!
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to spend time with him before he passed.

I am sorry for your loss too.
Glad your trip to Aruba worked out. I have a friend who goes there every year and loves it.

sorry for your loss, glad you were able to see him before he passed

@LynnTH Sorry about your FIL. What a blessing you were able to spend some time with him after your trip.

I also use my UR's for cruises so will keep the card as well, even though LYFT and DD is mostly useless to me. I do use the PP restaurant perk and have gotten $168 of value from that since my renewal in September.
Thanks. Seems wherever I have a chance to use PP it never works out. Didn’t even think to look at the Aruba airport. Then found out they had a lounge after sitting in the airport for 3 hours and 15 minutes before boarding. Duh!! Layover was in Miami where there was a restaurant good for $30 per person. 2 guests and I have 2 different cards. But not enough time between flights to take advantage.
After paying for all the food/drinks in Aruba it really makes me appreciate cruises even more with all the food included.

I'm sorry about your FIL passing.

Do award redemption prices fluctuate? I'm looking at a trip that's just too many points right now. Is there any chance it will go down?

@punkin then yes they do! Specifically I’ve been watching a few AA flights that have really jumped around. HOWEVER- if you are using UR you could transfer to BA to book an AA flight which has a chart based on distance so it doesn’t change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!