I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we watched both "Mean Girls" and "16 Candles" last night. My husband remembered 16 Candles fondly (I had never seen it, which is shocking for someone my age (46) but I have never seen any of the Brat Pack movies except Mannequin) and boy were we both shocked at some of the content (none of which he recalled... oops.. thankfully the boys weren't home this weekend). I was also shocked by how incredibly terrible some of the storyline was. I also can't believe that move is getting close to 40 years old (it came out in 1984). Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall were apparently both only 15 years old when they filmed that.

I did enjoy Mean Girls far better, and now I get the gifs! Thanks @PolyRob and @SouthFayetteFan for "suggesting" it!

Jake Ryan 😍😍😍😍😍😍. How can you not have seen that in the 80s and been in love with Jake Ryan. lol It is pretty terrible that no one batted an eye at some of that storyline before though.

I think I have seen parts of Mean Girls but I can only tell you about it from the memes on this thread. lol

Thanks. I was thinking it might. I ended up just changing two of the flights and leaving five with the EBCI that were purchased together on the release day. That way if my sister ends up with a much further back boarding number, most of us will be on-board and can save undesirable middle seats between 2 kids for just a short while.
We are going MA April vacation week so the flights were super high initially, just changing 2 of them gave me a nice stash of points back! I'm happy with that.
Thank you all for your help!!!
Oh, I would totally do all of the tickets while you had the opportunity. You are still 2 1/2 months out and Should be fine. I just wanted you to be aware.

Jake Ryan 😍😍😍😍😍😍. How can you not have seen that in the 80s and been in love with Jake Ryan. lol It is pretty terrible that no one batted an eye at some of that storyline before though.

I think I have seen parts of Mean Girls but I can only tell you about it from the memes on this thread. lol
Love love love 16 Candles. Don’t care how poorly it aged 😜😜. Lake, big lake 😜😜 My dd loves those old movies too. I taught her well.

I read Marley and me and cried through the last half of it anticipating the end.
Pretty much any movie starring an animal is tragic. My sister saw the cover for the book when it came out and said, “I’m not reading that, I just know the dog is gonna die”
Yes, quite pathetic.
We had to look away for a while. On the upside, we watched the end of the Blackhawks game and saw Patrick Kane score his 1000th point!
My son is still really bummed. He is a Packers fan because my dad was. He says he’s the only one left to be a Packers fan like grandpa and he takes it pretty seriously. He also endures a lot of crap from kids at school so he says he’s going to get picked on at school Tuesday.

Pretty much any movie starring an animal is tragic. My sister saw the cover for the book when it came out and said, “I’m not reading that, I just know the dog is gonna die”

We had to look away for a while. On the upside, we watched the end of the Blackhawks game and saw Patrick Kane score his 1000th point!
My son is still really bummed. He is a Packers fan because my dad was. He says he’s the only one left to be a Packers fan like grandpa and he takes it pretty seriously. He also endures a lot of crap from kids at school so he says he’s going to get picked on at school Tuesday.
The jets have been doing terrible lately. I hate that we lost, but Kane is an awesome player

There is a discussion on r/churning about being able to convert your IHG free night cert to 70k points.

This is not my area of expertise so I’ll just put it here for your review. The basic gist is to call in (soon) and try to book a property that apparently won’t work online due to some glitch. They’ll give you the points and book it using those. Then you callback later and cancel. Who knows how long this will last...

Yep! Most recently I bawled like a baby watching “Togo”. I love dogs and dog movies but don’t know why I put myself through the emotional roller coaster each time, lol.

So we’re patiently awaiting our two new cards to come- CIP and AMEX BBP. I can see how people can get in to trouble doing too many too fast because you just get so anxious to start earning and using those rewards! I will say that’s one thing I liked about the Cap One Venture cards and I don’t see that card talked a lot about here because maybe long term value of the card isn’t good? But if you have something you want to spend on coming up soon you can go ahead and purchase it with this card even if you haven’t earned the SUB yet. Then when you do meet your MSR and your rewards post you can go back and use the purchase eraser to credit it. We did that last time DH got the card when we were paying for part of our WDW trip and he hadn’t earned the bonus yet.

So we’re patiently awaiting our two new cards to come- CIP and AMEX BBP. I can see how people can get in to trouble doing too many too fast because you just get so anxious to start earning and using those rewards! I will say that’s one thing I liked about the Cap One Venture cards and I don’t see that card talked a lot about here because maybe long term value of the card isn’t good? But if you have something you want to spend on coming up soon you can go ahead and purchase it with this card even if you haven’t earned the SUB yet. Then when you do meet your MSR and your rewards post you can go back and use the purchase eraser to credit it. We did that last time DH got the card when we were paying for part of our WDW trip and he hadn’t earned the bonus yet.
Cap One has always gotten a bad rap with churners. They have a strange approval/denial track record. Sometimes it seems like they actually deny people with good credit. They will hard pull all 3 credit reports which bugs people (and used to be a much bigger issue in the old days). Their bonuses are ok but really on par with other bonuses out there. Cap One biz cards (I know not quite on this topic tho) will appear on your personal credit report so they don’t skirt 5/24. I guess there’s just a lot of reasons that many avoid that issuer.

We do have people among us who have Cap One cards so some do like the card (Or at least used it at some point lol)

There is a discussion on r/churning about being able to convert your IHG free night cert to 70k points.

This is not my area of expertise so I’ll just put it here for your review. The basic gist is to call in (soon) and try to book a property that apparently won’t work online due to some glitch. They’ll give you the points and book it using those. Then you callback later and cancel. Who knows how long this will last...

just to make it clear, it seems like IHG deactivated the uncapped Free Night Certificate, so basically you wont be able to make any bookings with it. To make up for this, they will give u 70k points for it.
this will not work on the capped 40k version.
this appears to be a glitch. we do not know if this will work tomorrow, so if ur more interested in the 70k points, call asap.

Yep! Most recently I bawled like a baby watching “Togo”. I love dogs and dog movies but don’t know why I put myself through the emotional roller coaster each time, lol.
I don’t do animal movies as rule. I simply cannot stand it when something sad happens to the animal. I partially blame my parents for us watching Old Yeller as a kid. (Dang that was one scarring movie. Ought to be rated R for the damage it did to my psyche!)

just to make it clear, it seems like IHG deactivated the uncapped Free Night Certificate, so basically you wont be able to make any bookings with it. To make up for this, they will give u 70k points for it.
this will not work on the capped 40k version.
this appears to be a glitch. we do not know if this will work tomorrow, so if ur more interested in the 70k points, call asap.
Thanks for chiming in. I haven’t had an IHG card for years so I was playing out of my league there 🤣

Cap1 cards are hard to get. Venture is a pretty decent bonus at $500 travel credit for $3k spend but there is no consistent formula for who they will approve and they are generous with denials. We’ve had some action lately in our group here of people trying for the Venture in which we’ve discovered Cap1 hates Stay At Home people- so at least we know don’t apply as a stay at home partner/parent.

Overall you won’t see much judgement on long term value around here.The big money is in the sign up bonuses. Not the 1-5% earnings on everyday spend :)

Btw do you still have the Venture? DH might be able to refer you for a $100 referral bonus plus you’d get the normal card bonus.

Cap One has always gotten a bad rap with churners. They have a strange approval/denial track record. Sometimes it seems like they actually deny people with good credit. They will hard pull all 3 credit reports which bugs people (and used to be a much bigger issue in the old days). Their bonuses are ok but really on par with other bonuses out there. Cap One biz cards (I know not quite on this topic tho) will appear on your personal credit report so they don’t skirt 5/24. I guess there’s just a lot of reasons that many avoid that issuer.

We do have people among us who have Cap One cards so some do like the card (Or at least used it at some point lol)
Cap1 cards are hard to get. Venture is a pretty decent bonus at $500 travel credit for $3k spend but there is no consistent formula for who they will approve and they are generous with denials. We’ve had some action lately in our group here of people trying for the Venture in which we’ve discovered Cap1 hates Stay At Home people- so at least we know don’t apply as a stay at home partner/parent.

Overall you won’t see much judgement on long term value around here.The big money is in the sign up bonuses. Not the 1-5% earnings on everyday spend :)

Ok that all makes sense. I’ve gotten the card twice and DH once with no problems so I didn’t realize those were issues. We weren’t really working hard to find cards with the best redemption values so just liked that we earned a flat 2x on everything and redeeming is so easy. Now that we’re looking into the whole rewards thing a little more deeply I can see this is just an average card. I think we’ll keep one though as long as we can get the AF waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter