I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jhoannam here! Hi :wave2:

I'm trying to figure out how to change my signature to match my previous account, but I'm guessing I need to post more to have those privileges.

Does anyone have a favorite marriott hotel at Marriott Village at WDW? SpringHill & Courtyard are both $95/night, Fairfield is $140/night.
Yeah - you need to make 10 comments to free up some of the better features. You’ll also be spam limited on your comments initially. That should all fix itself in a few days.

When you close Chase Checking, do you have to wait until statement end of 6 months, or 6 months of date opened?

Jhoannam here! Hi :wave2:

I'm trying to figure out how to change my signature to match my previous account, but I'm guessing I need to post more to have those privileges.

Does anyone have a favorite marriott hotel at Marriott Village at WDW? SpringHill & Courtyard are both $95/night, Fairfield is $140/night.
Welcome back :rotfl:

I forgot - it took a few days/posts before I could change my avatar etc., and it told me to stop spamming if I posted too often for a couple of days, but then it all went back to normal.

I haven't stayed at any of those Marriotts except the Fairfield. I thought it was a little bit tired, but it was fine. In general, I would pick a SpringHill or Courtyard over a Fairfield. I'm Marriott Platinum, so my thoughts about the different chains also have to do with status, and my preference between the brands has a lot to do with traveling with kids, .

Fairfield - breakfast is free and OK, rooms tend to be smaller. The one in the Marriott village had a room with a bunkbed (LO loved this). The room was small and dark, but reasonably clean.
SpringHill - standard room layout is good for the family - can usually get 2 doubles (or queens) plus a pullout in a standard room. Sometimes they have other room layouts which are even better (family suites) and I've had decent luck getting upgraded to those. I think their free breakfast is worse than Fairfield, actually, but will still get you fed in the morning for free.
Courtyard - no free breakfast. Rooms are just regular hotel rooms - kids have to share a queen sized bed (my kids really do not like sharing a bed). With Platinum status can get 2 vouchers for $10 each per night. This just about covers a breakfast sandwich + coffee most places. Not crazy about the breakfast sandwiches. Can also be used for snacks/other items at the Bistro (even booze), so if we aren't breakfasting at the hotel, this is sometimes a good thing.

Based on the prices you quoted, I'd pick the SpringHill suites, personally.

Yup, same here. If the choice is fly in coach or don't go, PlanePrincess is team don't go. The only economy flight longer than 3 hours I think I could get him to agree to do is going from the east coast to LAX or SNA for a DLR trip. Even that would be a struggle and some complaining. I also agree that I'm not too far off his thinking. I've got my own tiara at this point :laughing:

Exact same, but in reverse. MCO is the one that DH will still consider, but even then it doesn't make him happy. I'm going to blame this on our getting older, not spoiled. 😉

:offtopic:

Thinking about changing my user name, which means I have to get a new account. Any downsides? The reason is that I signed up with my real name because I never thought I would be this active.

And you did it! If I had known I'd be posting here 15 years after that initial time, I would have taken much more care in choosing a DIS name, and it wouldn't be anything like what I have. I think I'm in too deep to start over though.

We are back from our quick WDW. We had one night at Yacht Club booked on AAmiles (plus one night in cash) and one night at GF booked on AA miles.
YC was ok for us. Loved the rooms, pool is great but really wish their quick service had more options. It was a pain to walk to BC marketplace or Hurricand Hannah’s when we wanted food.
We finally stayed at GF which has been a dream of mine since watching full house in the 80s.Dh always said no bc he hates it there but since it was a last minute trip he had to suffer through it.
It was as beautiful as I imagined. Loved every minute of being there.

I also put my new SW performance to work by upgrading Dh and the kids to A3-A5 for the flight down and used the WiFi credits.

I need to get to work on rebuilding our points for our Nov trip!

DW also got approved for CIP last week and also $6000 CL - I have the same question re: paying-off mid-cycle. Any chance of Chase getting upset by this? It would only be the one time.
@georgina My P2 had a $5,000 CL CIP. We paid it off somewhere around $3,500 and didn't have any issues with Chase. We had all organic spend going to that one card and needed to clear up some room for upcoming bills.

How do I link URs between Dh and myself? I need to move his CIP rewards to my CSR. Do I put my full CSR credit number where it asks for acct #?

Not usually more than a couple months, I think. For me my anniversary on the plain Jane SPG/Bonvoy AmEx isn't until Feb, then gotta wait till the FNC posts since that was the whole point in picking it up, then have to wait 30 days after I cancel it. I suspect it won't be around after all that :laughing:

I'm hoping DoCs wish for a higher offer comes through later for us!
My DP on FNC - I don't remember when mine posted but DH's anniversary is Oct and his FNC posted in December.
I have the SPG Biz card that I will be keeping. Just need to be past 24 months from last SUB. I need to see when that was, probably April. It will probably be gone when I am able to go for it.😢

Welcome back :rotfl:

I forgot - it took a few days/posts before I could change my avatar etc., and it told me to stop spamming if I posted too often for a couple of days, but then it all went back to normal.

I haven't stayed at any of those Marriotts except the Fairfield. I thought it was a little bit tired, but it was fine. In general, I would pick a SpringHill or Courtyard over a Fairfield. I'm Marriott Platinum, so my thoughts about the different chains also have to do with status, and my preference between the brands has a lot to do with traveling with kids, .

Fairfield - breakfast is free and OK, rooms tend to be smaller. The one in the Marriott village had a room with a bunkbed (LO loved this). The room was small and dark, but reasonably clean.
SpringHill - standard room layout is good for the family - can usually get 2 doubles (or queens) plus a pullout in a standard room. Sometimes they have other room layouts which are even better (family suites) and I've had decent luck getting upgraded to those. I think their free breakfast is worse than Fairfield, actually, but will still get you fed in the morning for free.
Courtyard - no free breakfast. Rooms are just regular hotel rooms - kids have to share a queen sized bed (my kids really do not like sharing a bed). With Platinum status can get 2 vouchers for $10 each per night. This just about covers a breakfast sandwich + coffee most places. Not crazy about the breakfast sandwiches. Can also be used for snacks/other items at the Bistro (even booze), so if we aren't breakfasting at the hotel, this is sometimes a good thing.

Based on the prices you quoted, I'd pick the SpringHill suites, personally.
Does the Springhill still have a free breakfast? I've been looking for rooms for early Feb and had that Springhill booked and then cancelled. I thought I was going to have to pay for parking and also not get free breakfast, which seemed a bit inconsistent with other hotels in that area. The marriott village is a perfect location for us though. I should go back and look.

ETA: I must have been looking at a different Springhill Suites. The Marriott village does have a free breakfast but the reviews are not as good as the one I was looking at.

Haven't done it, but that is what I will attempt to do in a few weeks. If the tickets come separately I don't see why it wouldn't work. I will book the cheapest hotel option and car rental for one night and then buy tickets. Like @bernina said even with the throwaway it will still come to about 1ccp, which I'd be pretty happy with to get rid of my AA points
let me know how it goes for you!

Does the Springhill still have a free breakfast? I've been looking for rooms for early Feb and had that Springhill booked and then cancelled. I thought I was going to have to pay for parking and also not get free breakfast, which seemed a bit inconsistent with other hotels in that area. The marriott village is a perfect location for us though. I should go back and look.

ETA: I must have been looking at a different Springhill Suites. The Marriott village does have a free breakfast but the reviews are not as good as the one I was looking at.
Yes, Fairfield and Springfield (along Residence Inn) all have free breakfast.

Store cards count if they show up on your credit report. You can check on Credit Karma (that covers Transunion and Equifax). Good to have a free Experian account too.
That came right off my credit Experian report so boo. Guess I'll wait til May on that.

If not you’re going to want to focus on Amex it citi biz cards
By it I am assuming you are referring to Discover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts