I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, I used to post on more threads but have found this group of people doesn't mind answering questions OT and are so friendly - I haven't felt the need to venture out much anymore on any other threads.

Yes- the hive mind around here covers a lot of ground, and because we're pretty relaxed about what topics are discussed, it really is a great all-purpose resource :rotfl:
:offtopic:

Thinking about changing my user name, which means I have to get a new account. Any downsides? The reason is that I signed up with my real name because I never thought I would be this active.
I had to set up a new account recently because I lost access to my old one when I switched computers (I must have mistyped my email address when I first signed up because I couldn't recover my password). No issues - I really only post on this thread and one or two others, and I was able to score a user name similar to my old one, so I didn't even have an identity crisis :laughing:. People may not "recognize" you, but since this thread is friendly to everyone, I don't think you'll run into any more serious issues.

:offtopic:

Thinking about changing my user name, which means I have to get a new account. Any downsides? The reason is that I signed up with my real name because I never thought I would be this active.
Lol, I had been thinking about changing mine too. But kind of opposite reason, I wanted to be incognito with what I thought others would think were either silly questions or just wanted privacy if people I knew happened to be on the Dis. Now, I wish that I had a name that was more pesonal or unique to me but I don't really want to change it since I have had this one since 2006.

This is a great idea! I'm wondering though..... if I booked a 1 night room, and 1 ticket (that's all I need, could I book 5 people into the room? (for EP) and If I did that, would it have to be the same 5 that use the EP *only*? (I have a large group,could we switch out the room keys for use among us,or have to be only the same 5?) I had read that they take your photo at the ride,so no switching?
I am not sure what the max capacity is per room - 4 in one room is fine, not sure about 5. The EP is your room key, and when you check in they do get the name and date of birth for each person in the room, so each EP is tied to one particular person. I don't think it matters how many people are on the reservation, just how many you tell them when you check in and get your room keys. Doesn't matter where you get your tickets, or how many, because getting in to the park and using EP are totally separate (annoying for things like Hogwarts Express where you have to give them your park ticket, then your EP). They do take pictures of the person using the EP and make sure the same person is using it for each ride, so you can't have the same EP used by different people during the trip. They don't check on EVERY ride, but they usually do for the big ones.

Thanks! I've just started figuring out what we're going to do, so this is helpful. I had seen the Thinkery in my early research and it looks good. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. DH and DD6 want to eat barbecue while we're there. We'll also be visiting several family members and friends who moved there recently.

It has been ages since we went to Austin but we enjoyed the Salt Lick BBQ and also The Oasis restaurant for beautiful sunset views over the lake.

Unfortunately the Southwest site only shows 1 year of history. I assume you’ve since closed the card(s) and they no longer appear on your Chase login? That would be the other way.

If you think you’re good, then you could try applying. I believe Chase would decline you for the card if you weren’t eligible for the bonus.

Are you aware of the new 1 SW personal card rule? Also, you might consider joining our DISchurners reddit group where you could pay it forward by using a support link. There’s also a whole thread over there discussing the CP and various ways to earn it.
I was planning to do one personal and one business. I think I have the reddit group...I’ll check. I’ve meant to start churning for years but don’t have the dedication.

A report on r/churning days Amex 1099s for support clicks might be arriving starting today.

For those that got wrapped up in clawbacks, keep us in the loop on what things look like.
I thought it was just Discover on the ball as I see our 1099-INTs coming in today. Wasn't expecting any MISC ones until later. AmEx must've been just itching to push that button 1/1...

I am not sure what the max capacity is per room - 4 in one room is fine, not sure about 5. The EP is your room key, and when you check in they do get the name and date of birth for each person in the room, so each EP is tied to one particular person. I don't think it matters how many people are on the reservation, just how many you tell them when you check in and get your room keys. Doesn't matter where you get your tickets, or how many, because getting in to the park and using EP are totally separate (annoying for things like Hogwarts Express where you have to give them your park ticket, then your EP). They do take pictures of the person using the EP and make sure the same person is using it for each ride, so you can't have the same EP used by different people during the trip. They don't check on EVERY ride, but they usually do for the big ones.
thanks for the reply.... Yeah I have a few AA points and it would be fun to use them up this way.... but I don't think just 4 of us with EP will be much fun for those without it lol(we're staying Cabana Bay) so I'll figure out another use for those points....

Me! I booked 2 day 2 park base Universal tickets for the 3 of us, 1 night at Portofino, and a throw away rental car. I got just slightly better than 1 cpp redemption even with the throwaway car.

Here's how it worked for me. I made the booking and received email confirmation. It said that 35 days prior to travel I would revive a voucher for the universal tickets. Exactly 35 days before I received a call and they asked to clarify that I wanted only 3 park tickets even though I had 4 people listed on my hotel reservation. I confirmed that was correct. 2 days later I had an email with ticket vouchers. They were a pdf attachment with barcodes that I was able to add to the Universal app (they could also just be scanned at the gates, no will call needed).

They expired 1 year from the date I received the phone call. Names were assigned to each ticket so make sure to get those correct as it indicated they're non transferable (they never checked ID for us though).

You are correct that you don't need to check into hotel or pick up car. I was also never charged any taxes or fees for the rental car. I've read that some folks have been charged.

I'm not sure how many points you have or when you're going but I'll throw in there that staying at a deluxe universal hotel is the only way I'll do those parks now. You might want to price out a room at the cheapest deluxe to see if that could be an option. Free express pass on check in and check out day was amazing and worth every penny of that expensive hotel room. The best part was not having to pay cash.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
soooo could this work booking offsite...like the one across the street,not checking in,and doing it just for the ticket? or is that too much unused things on a booking? I wouldn't use the car either

Silly Chase. DH got an email this morning that he was approved for the CIP and the card was on its way (the one he was approved for on Wednesday and received yesterday). He has already told me all the scuba trips he wants to put deposits down on for 2020 and 2021 so MSR will be met quickly. It only has a $6000 CL so I will have to pay it off mid-cycle I think. (is that frowned on?)

DW also got approved for CIP last week and also $6000 CL - I have the same question re: paying-off mid-cycle. Any chance of Chase getting upset by this? It would only be the one time.

Hi Y'all!

I am looking at rebooting my points earning and am interested to hear some thoughts about what I might best go after next.

Here is what I have open currently:
08-08 AMEX Blue Cash (downgraded from Preferred)
12-08 AMEX Hilton NAF
09-12 CHASE IHG (old version)
11-12 AMEX Hilton NAF (auth user on P2)
12-12 AMEX Bonvoy Business (fmr SPG Business)
12-12 CHASE CSP
10-13 TD BANK Nordstrom Store Card
12-13 BARCLAYS Arrival (downgraded from A+)
12-13 CHASE Freedom
12-13 CHASE CSR (auth user on P2)
05-15 CHASE Ink Cash
05-16 CITI Diamond Preferred
08-16 DISCOVER It
*Last 24 Months*
01-18 CHASE Freedom Unlimited
04-18 CHASE IHG (new version)
08-18 CITI AA Gold
08-18 BARCLAYS AAviator Red
03-19 CHASE Disney NAF (auth user on P2)
11-19 SYNCHRONY Art Van Store Card

I want to go after CIP next but I'm unclear if my store card will count against me or not.

P2 has the same last 24 months (she has her own 2 AAs and IHG) except she's not on the Synchrony card; her next move is 2 cards for the SW CP (one during the current 75K offer, a business one after she is 5/24 free and clear in May)

About me
We have $2K in daycare a month that currently goes on CFU
We have probably $3K in other expenses going through a variety of other CCs to maximize points
We fly out of CMH which has a lot of AA, SW, and DL, and a little United, Frontier and Air Canada. No Jet Blue in Ohio at all.
I rack up Marriott points at work, but my personal preference is Hyatt. I've actually never had a Hyatt CC somehow.
Generally speaking we travel as a family, me, my wife, and 3YO and 2YO,
2020 goal is a 4 day 3 night weekend trip to Disney World late this year. This would almost certainly be on SW who has the direct flights to Orlando from here.
2021 goal is a few more long weekend trips to WDW and then a ~10 day trip to somewhere not in the US, probably Ireland and Scotland. Goal is to minimize out of pocket cash.

I've been playing softball on the CC thing for a while and I'd love some thoughts!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter