I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having login issues? Tried to login as my usual user name, and was told I was locked out due to several unsuccessful login attempts. Wasn't me, so I'm thinking someone was trying to login as me? So weird and random. Not sure, I may keep this name as a fresh start.

Just to my bank. They had a big sign up regarding the stimulus checks, for those that will get one, once I finally got logged in after switching browsers and going through 2 step ID. By the time I got in there I forgot what I wanted.

Anyone having login issues? Tried to login as my usual user name, and was told I was locked out due to several unsuccessful login attempts. Wasn't me, so I'm thinking someone was trying to login as me? So weird and random. Not sure, I may keep this name as a fresh start.

I just had the same issue and message.. I noticed I wasnt logged in when I went to “ like” something. Told me the same thing about too many attempts logging in. I did notice that when I tried to log in my iPad was telling me the site wasn’t secure. I re-registered using a variant of my original user name, but then I still had trouble getting to the last page of the forum. I would click on the page 1493 or whatever it is, and it would take me in a loop back to the first page. I finally got around it by clicking next, and then the page number.

Anyhow, it’s probably not someone trying to log in as you. It appears the site is being super wonky.

Try what I did here: Include as many of the following as you can: Incognito Edge browser (or different browsers), a different home address, using this PreQualified Link, with VPN running, at the top of an hour. I just tried it again and it showed a Platinum offer of 100k. I'm not sure when the pop-up occurs, because I've only ever applied for two Amex cards. But I feel like if they make the offer, you're good. My support on DISchurners was only showing 60k for me. Neither of these trials were incognito. Good Luck!
Was this post about the personal or business platinum?

I have a follow-up question for all of you who purchase a lot of visa GC. What system do you use to keep track of your spending with GCs? Since I can't just log onto an online account and see my purchases, I don't know how to track them. I just try to keep the receipts together with the card till it's done. Then, I keep some of the used cards in case i make a return because a merchant will want to put the credit back on the same card. I kind of hate GCs because they seem like such a hassle and they stress me out, lol. I'm sure there is a better system.

I keep a log in Excel for the GC purchased with the last 4 digits and then log date purchased/used/stores/cost/any discounts/etc. In terms of keeping up with them in my wallet, I just use a sharpie to write on them as I spend them. They sometimes look awful if I am using them for lots of small purchases. As a general rule, I don't use them if I think there is even the possibility of returning something. I try to only keep one in my wallet at a time. Most are used to pay the water bill/doctor bill/etc from my computer.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone misses the red message at the top of the page from the Dis -

We made a change on the server that seems to be causing some people to recieve a message about their account being locked. Clearing your browser cache seems to clear up the error and you should be able to log in normally- Alex

Just in case anyone misses the red message at the top of the page from the Dis -

We made a change on the server that seems to be causing some people to recieve a message about their account being locked. Clearing your browser cache seems to clear up the error and you should be able to log in normally- Alex
Haha I JUST read this too.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

The time is upon us... I love Credit Cards v4.0 is now here!!!
Please jump over there and make sure to "watch" that thread to keep up going forward! If you posted anything here recently, you may want to copy and paste it over there to ensure a response. I've sent a PM to @WebmasterDoc and he likely will close this thread in the coming days!

Our activity in 2020 was noticeably down vs. 2019 with just 29k comments vs. 72k last year. Views were also way down although the DIS does not give specific stats on that (just rounded to the nearest million so 1MM this year vs 3MM last year). I'd imagine this is typical across the DIS due to the pandemic and decreased traffic to a Disney focused discussion .

That said, this thread has served us well for 2020. We will use v4.0 for 2021! Happy (early) New Year DISchurners friends!!

If anyone just got an Amex Plat and didn’t want the hassle of setting up your streaming service to Amex for just one month, here is a workaround for an Amazon gift card.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.do...r-amazon-gift-card-credit-kindle-gifting/amp/
I can confirm the e-book gifting and conversion to gift card was successful with Amazon. Now to see if this triggers the streaming credit with Amex. Worst case, I bought myself an Amazon gift card.

ETA: added to V4.

And now... a series of goodbye gifs... goodbye to this thread and GOOD RIDDANCE to 2020!! 😂 😂

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mbcc86oyrz1r1mtsdo1_250.gif

When-imaginary-friend-Bing-Bong-sacrifices-himself.gif

0f748baa155b73eb8a90f6680804b7d9.gif

woody-and-bo-peep.gif

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!