I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plane to Disney. Using my SW Performance Card credits for WiFi. It actually works pretty well. 1s fight from MSP to Chicago Midway. Our flight ended up taking off about an hour late due to de icing. Got to Chicago and our flight was boarding over in a different concourse. Had to run. So much for A boarding. We were the last ones on the plane. Got the very last row. Plane left soon after. At least we made it on. That was stressful. And my chins hurt from walking fast/ running.

For FOMO still deciding if I should get the Hilton Aspire. If I am reading correctly I can book SW flights under $100. And if refundable would get refunded. If not the get SW credit? Not sure where I would use the Hilton credits.

Thanks! Since I used miles I don't see a confirmation number that seems to work. I sent Universal an email asking them to look up the reservation so hopefully they'll reply back to that.
I will say I have booked on URs and had no problem at check-in. (And I never verified they had my reservation.)

On the plane to Disney. Using my SW Performance Card credits for WiFi. It actually works pretty well. 1s fight from MSP to Chicago Midway. Our flight ended up taking off about an hour late due to de icing. Got to Chicago and our flight was boarding over in a different concourse. Had to run. So much for A boarding. We were the last ones on the plane. Got the very last row. Plane left soon after. At least we made it on. That was stressful. And my chins hurt from walking fast/ running.

For FOMO still deciding if I should get the Hilton Aspire. If I am reading correctly I can book SW flights under $100. And if refundable would get refunded. If not the get SW credit? Not sure where I would use the Hilton credits.
Nice! I doubt you would find refundable flights for under $100. But yes. You would book 2 around $100 and then 1 around $50 to use up the credit. (Don’t worry about where the flights are going if you are just planning to cancel it.) And right now is triple dip so you would need to act quick in order to allow time for the card to arrive and use the credits.

I’m pretty impressed with target’s customer service. We bought a changing table that goes on top of our dresser and it came with a big chip in the wood. I did online chat and they’re sending us a new one with express shipping and giving us a $5 gc. We don’t even have to return the other one we got.

Another question for the Japan experts: Here is a snip of what the award calendar on United's website looks like this morning. The solid blue lines apparently indicate that an economy award ticket is available, and the dotted lines are the days for which a business or first class ticket is available.

The solid lines seem to be "advancing" day by day (e.g. yesterday it only went up to the 11th) but the dotted blue lines are not advancing at all. Those same three days showing are the only ones that have been showing for the last 3-4 days or so.

Do you think it's because the premium rewards are going that much quicker, or do you think they don't release the premium cabins as far out as they do the economy ones?

View attachment 458635
It could be both. Watching the charts is good for getting an idea of patterns, but you can't count on specifics. But the biggest thing is absolutely DO NOT rely on this calendar. There are often awards in premium in days that don't have the dots. You have to go day by day and sort by business saver fares.

If it gets refunded, I would think it would go back to the same card. Then I would worry the credit would get clawed back. I think the SW credit is safer.

If it gets refunded, I would think it would go back to the same card. Then I would worry the credit would get clawed back. I think the SW credit is safer.

Thanks. Are you able to combine the credit with SW points or does it not allow you to do that? Or could I book 3 different tickets for myself and then use 3 credits together?

I just shared my brief DP on r/dischrurners, my I am worried that my wife and I both have our AA accounts blocked. We were not heavy churners either. I'm only sharing here because those of you with AA flights and vacations already reserved with AA miles may want to start paying attention over on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/aa_shutdown/

ETA: That reddit is private, but you can message the mods to gain access. Also,
I may have jumped to conclusions, and I may not be blocked. I have a friend using my miles to travel to the UK soon, and I'm especially concerned that his family's flights will be cancelled. It's got me overly anxious.

Last edited:
Anyone have any Williams Sonoma offers on any Amex or Chase cards? I've checked my CSR and DH's CIP...nothing. I ordered a Christmas present from Macy's using a cashback offer but just got an email that it's backordered until mid-January. I'm planning to go to the store tomorrow and hoping to get some kind of deal.

Thanks. Are you able to combine the credit with SW points or does it not allow you to do that? Or could I book 3 different tickets for myself and then use 3 credits together?

I haven't had to do this yet, but my understanding is that all credits will be in a pool under your name (but each will have a different expiration date 1 year later). I don't think you can combine the credit with points since you can't do cash+points.

Anyone ever purchased a car from Carmax and been able to use a CC? Planning to not finance a car but wonder if I’d be allowed to charge a portion of it to a CC and didn’t know if anyone here had ever tried...

Of course I have like NOTHING for MSR right now other than $1000 on JB Biz. I’d been considering doing the Hyatt card for DH which has a 6k MSR though.

Update to my own question: Carmax will not allow you to pay any portion of the car with a credit card. You can buy the service plan and any aftermarket extras for the car with a CC.

I just shared my brief DP on r/dischrurners, my I am worried that my wife and I both have our AA accounts blocked. We were not heavy churners either. I'm only sharing here because those of you with AA flights and vacations already reserved with AA miles may want to start paying attention over on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/aa_shutdown/
Sorry for your issues. Did you post on Dischurners? I don’t see your comment

Just updating to say that this is apparently the problem. The letter came today with the reason for denial:. "Too few open credit card accounts.". **sigh*"
So, to follow up on this, does anyone have any advice on building up a personal credit history for DH? He caledl the Chase recon line today and ended the call saying he'd never felt so inconsequential before. DH was approved for the Chase SW Performance Biz a couple of months ago, but got denied this week for the SW Priority because he "doesn't have enough credit cards". He's an AU on 3 of my Chase cards, has a Citi card, we've had a mortgage for decades, never any late payments on anything, both have 800+ credit scores...we're kind of laughing that he can't get himself a credit card, but it's also kind of annoying. Does he need to try to get another card from someone other than Chase? Could he just keep using and paying off the SW Biz for a period of time and then reapply for a different Chase SW card? We've never had to "fix" our credit before so we don't know what to do. Thanks!

Anyone here have Sling? I have the offer on my Amex to get $10 off 3x. Of course I didn’t change my payment when I should have and have only used two credits. Can I prepay to try to use the other credit before the end of the year?

I'm sorry this happened to you. This looks like a private sub reddit, so I can't really see what's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!