I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly my fear.
I popped over to the CP megathread on r/churning just to see if anything has been reported and I haven't seen anything out of the norm yet. Unfortunately already seeing fails from folks getting too close to the MSR and unexpected things triggering it on this statement. For one reported just now, they let the card out of their control and indiscriminate holiday shopping by SO seems to have pushed them over. Another had a bad break when their merchant double charged the card. Got a refund obviously but damage is done.

However these fails (or potential fails) seem to be from purchases hitting Dec statements. Once you're past the Dec statement, future charges go towards Jan posting. Chase has even added a message this year to the statements saying that your Dec statement is the last statement to earn points for 2019 companion pass. Therefore anything earned after that closing will post in 2020.

Here's a recap of fails from the 2018/2019 CP run (so DP's are from 2017) -

There were 3 inconclusive DP's where points posted earlier than expected with no good determination on Chase flake vs user error as the cause. However, I do believe they were all tied to statement dates still. So if your Dec statement closes without the bonus points posting, then you should be good. It's highly, highly unlikely that Chase will post points outside of a statement close. I am not aware of any historical DP's on that.

Here's the CP megathread if you want to peruse the latest reports -

Thank you, @CaliforniaGirl09 and @miztressuz for posting that thread. Currently I have 4k spent on the card and am keeping it sock-drawered until 12/15. After that I have 30 days to get over 5k (not including AF). I hate cutting it that close. I have use for SW flight in February to Vegas, but I may have to useanother currency to book it or, G-d forbid, pay cash.

I’m trying to use up the last $80 of my AmEx Plat airline credit. Purchased a $40 AA mileage multiplier for 2 of us for our upcoming trip. Charge posted Sunday (5x Airfare coding) but still no credit to my card. FT DP indicate this should work - keeping fingers crossed but still not too hopeful.

Then, spent $115 on same AmEx Plat for the Fanatics offer. Charge posted yesterday but today I got an email that they were refunding $16 for an out of stock item in 7-10 days. If I get the offer credit before the refund, will they claw back the credit when they refund? Or, since it’s a separate refund and they charged the full amount the first time, will the $15 credit stick? I’m just not having great luck with AmEx right now.

Hilton Aspire experts....I have my $250 resort credit still for this year, and obv it resets for 2020. If I plan a trip over New Years, can I use $250 say 12/30 and $250 on 1/1? If so I guess it's time to start looking at flights, LOL
Here the language:

With your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, enjoy up to $250 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Hilton Resorts.‡

So unless you opened your Aspire on 12/31, you have some time still to use it.

Hilton Aspire experts....I have my $250 resort credit still for this year, and obv it resets for 2020. If I plan a trip over New Years, can I use $250 say 12/30 and $250 on 1/1? If so I guess it's time to start looking at flights, LOL
Here the language:

With your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, enjoy up to $250 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Hilton Resorts.‡

So unless you opened your Aspire on 12/31, you have some time still to use it.

Just to add:

$250 Hilton Resort Credit
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

I’m trying to use up the last $80 of my AmEx Plat airline credit. Purchased a $40 AA mileage multiplier for 2 of us for our upcoming trip. Charge posted Sunday (5x Airfare coding) but still no credit to my card. FT DP indicate this should work - keeping fingers crossed but still not too hopeful.

Then, spent $115 on same AmEx Plat for the Fanatics offer. Charge posted yesterday but today I got an email that they were refunding $16 for an out of stock item in 7-10 days. If I get the offer credit before the refund, will they claw back the credit when they refund? Or, since it’s a separate refund and they charged the full amount the first time, will the $15 credit stick? I’m just not having great luck with AmEx right now.
I think you should be ok. They've never clawed back a credit from me. I returned something from my sacks credit and they left it.

It arrived in "HENDERSON, CO" late Sat night and has not moved since. It was supposed to already be here. Each day it just gets bumped to the next day. Going to have to call today and see what happened.
Speaking of this... I was just trying to track down the contacts I ordered and they have also been sitting at the large Denver UPS location for 4 days :badpc: They say out for delivery today so fingers crossed. Henderson is not far from me, maybe I could have gotten your package and mailed it to you :rotfl:

So, I have an Alaskan Cruise booked in June on Princess. I booked it with an online agency and at the time Princess had a promo for Free Gratuities and then we got a $150 OBC. Just noticed Princess has a new promotion that includes Gratuities, WIfi and Deluxe Beverage Package. So, I called the guy I booked with and with their agency discount I was able to get all these promotions and keep the same room for only $178 more and only get $50 OBC instead of $150. So excited. Wifi was like $69 per person for the week (which we buy anyway) and the Drink Package would have been $500 per person. (Which I would not have gotten, since I don't drink much). Now I can try all the different drinks without feeling like I am wasting $$ and DH can drink whatever and no bar bill.... Yeah!!

And now you all are talking about the Aspire and I have FOMO even though I am doing spend on SW Performance and CIP right now...

Idk about Orlando but where we live it’s been pouring all day. I’m not looking forward to this Christmas party....We’re just about to leave to drive there

That is not fun... I think the weather doesn't look too bad when we are there. We won't get in until Saturday afternoon. Right now showing rain in the AM and then sunny on both Sunday and Monday and possible scattered storms on Tuesday. With highs in the 70's and 80's. I will take that. (we had -20 below wind chill the last few days - although it didn't feel that bad. However I do have a heated garage and use auto start on the car when leaving work - so I am not really out standing in it)

That is not fun... I think the weather doesn't look too bad when we are there. We won't get in until Saturday afternoon. Right now showing rain in the AM and then sunny on both Sunday and Monday and possible scattered storms on Tuesday. With highs in the 70's and 80's. I will take that. (we had -20 below wind chill the last few days - although it didn't feel that bad. However I do have a heated garage and use auto start on the car when leaving work - so I am not really out standing in it)
I’m mad because we haven’t had rain for months and of course it chooses today to start pouring. We’ve never done the Christmas party before and I’m not looking forward to being in the rain all night.

So, I have an Alaskan Cruise booked in June on Princess. I booked it with an online agency and at the time Princess had a promo for Free Gratuities and then we got a $150 OBC. Just noticed Princess has a new promotion that includes Gratuities, WIfi and Deluxe Beverage Package. So, I called the guy I booked with and with their agency discount I was able to get all these promotions and keep the same room for only $178 more and only get $50 OBC instead of $150. So excited. Wifi was like $69 per person for the week (which we buy anyway) and the Drink Package would have been $500 per person. (Which I would not have gotten, since I don't drink much). Now I can try all the different drinks without feeling like I am wasting $$ and DH can drink whatever and no bar bill.... Yeah!!

And now you all are talking about the Aspire and I have FOMO even though I am doing spend on SW Performance and CIP right now...
Sounds like it is going to be a great cruise! Congrats on geting the better promotion too!

Hey, I have a question you savvy churners may be able to answer. My husband was just notified that he is receiving a $1000 delta gift card as a bonus for a job he worked on. We pretty exclusively fly swa and delta offers nothing non-stop to Orlando from KC. My question is does anyone know of any ways to redeem a delta gift card for points or SOMETHING that would be more useable for us? He already has enough swa points from work travel to get us the flights we need for a potential babymoon in a few months and I'd rather use the delta $ toward a hotel if possible. The delta site doesn't list any other options besides applying to air travel, but I thought you folks might know some tricks. Thanks!

I’m mad because we haven’t had rain for months and of course it chooses today to start pouring. We’ve never done the Christmas party before and I’m not looking forward to being in the rain all night.
We were down for 10 days in November and only had rain one day - but it was a lot cooler than in past years the same week. I hope that the rain doesn't last for you tonight.

We were down for 10 days in November and only had rain one day - but it was a lot cooler than in past years the same week. I hope that the rain doesn't last for you tonight.
It’s actually pretty nice temperature wise but the rain is gonna be a huge damper. It’s coming from the coast and moving west so it might fizzle out before orlando

At least yours decreased in one of your seasons.
I dragged out my original paperwork and I feel okay better now. The points for a week in January have dropped 9 points from 2000. February is back to 2000 numbers and November is only going up 3 points from the 2000 numbers. So overall I'm in a 'win' situation.

I really don't think they needed to play with any of these numbers. There's no need. Busy work by basically newer people stirring the pot. And we are paying them to do it.
I agree with you...some of the new people on the DVC boards are a bit intense....use to post there years ago but not anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!