I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting I will have to check it out. I run ad blockers in Chrome on my laptop but never really spent the time to look for a mobile version. Does it cost?
Do you know the exact name?

I might be the only other person here with this card! :teeth: I really miss the BOGO feature it had, that was incredible.

Are you going to see Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland? It is a sight that lives in my visions to this day. We did a GoT-based day tour while we were in Belfast and that was fun.

The Country Inn & Suites near airports are really handy for overnight layovers and I've used points that way too. At this point I'm just accumulating them until I can find nice places to use them; Radisson's footprint is not big in the places I'm looking at for the near future. That Radisson Blu Belfast looks nice!

I've had one for many years. One of my older cards.

It was Delta, Chase, and Marriott love fest.
What a coincidence that it's also the big 3 that gets pushed on, I mean, they write about frequently. Go figure readers voted them as the best (if there was really a vote, seemed like a lot of awards were editorial vs reader choices. haven't read thoroughly to see the weight readers votes actually got in the polls).

I'm all for reading with an open mind and I'll take reliable sources where I can find them, but this just screams "shill". Like barely veiled advertising. I'm not saying they may be wrong, but I read some of the "winners" with an open mouth. I think the best new CC was the nail in the coffin. While it's not a bad card for what it is, I can't believe it's the Best out of everything launched or refreshed in the last year.

Is Marriott the devil? No. But "Best of the Best"? Not currently. (said as a nearly 20 year Rewards member household with 18 nights butt-in-bed in 2019, and more nights booked in 2020.)

I haven't gotten over the loss of SPG yet. Marriott cheapened and obscured the SPG options with it's manipulation of the rewards program. That said, I get 5 free Marriott nights per year and maintain a half million points, so I'll be staying in plenty of marriotts.

Yes. I hate calling BoA. I had to sit on hold 30 mins for my first account, about 15 last time and once they're on the line it takes the rep forever to close the thing. But it's worth it for the bonus money.
Thanks. We have plenty around so I guess I can go to close mine but I’ll need to pretend to be DH to close his account.

I'm super behind but wanted to say congratulations to @speedyfishy !

My whole family is sick. Everyone, even my DH who hasn't taken a sick day in over ten years took one today. If you remember the Parks and Rec when Ron is sick....yep that's him right now! It's not the flu just a bad chest cold. I'm holding out mostly and really hoping it stays away from me. 😷

Son called earlier and was on his way to pick up a Tamiflu script. Girlfriend who is a teacher felt ill so he took her in and she tested positive for flu and they gave her Tamiflu. He works at Walter Reed so needless to say needs to try to stay healthy and protected.

But working in a school system is like working in a germ factory.

I think I will 😁 You don’t like the taste or the spice? I made stuffed jalapeños for thanksgiving, as an earlier in the day snack. I grew up in south Texas eating raw jalapeños. You can’t get food too spicy for me 😂
Love jalapeños but draw the line at habeneros. Lol Have you tried the fried jalapeños from Aldi. Like the crispy onions (you know the ones for green bean casserole) only nice and spicy. I sprinkle them on sandwiches, baked beans, burgers, etc. Yum.
I'm very frustrated. Every time I go to the Disboards on chrome on my android phone, I get redirected to some weird "you've won" website. And it pretty much just happens when I come to this site. Does anyone know how to get rid of this horror?
I use Opera Touch on iPhone and iPad, no pop up ads.
Out of sheer curiousity - what would you (and everyone else) say SHOULD be the winner? I always stay Bonvoy when I travel, maybe I should be switching it up?
Anything but Marriott? Honestly I like Hyatt but they aren’t everywhere. So I go with whatever I have points for. Out trip to NOLA will be 2 nights Hyatt, 2 nights Marriott (free night certs) while our trip to California will be Hilton and Marriott. If I traveled to Europe or elsewhere I might collect different points, but right now I have Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton with their corresponding CCs.
Was so excited that I got an email my dishwasher arrived at store. Go to Lowe’s to pick it up and after 20 minutes they come out and say it is damaged. Wahhhhh. But I can order you a new one and have it here in 2 weeks. What???? $&#%£%#. Am not waiting anymore. Grrrr. So he says come back and I’ll help you pick out a new one. Dude, do you have any idea how long this one took for me to pick out?? So I looked at several and they all take 2 weeks to come in. Seriously, why don’t they have anything in stock??? Finally went with a Maytag. Maybe even the one I picked originally, who knows, it has been so long and I looked at so many. Even that one was not in stock but he said hopefully 3-7 days. Grrrrrr. It was $200 less than Bosch. Hopefully it lasts till we sell this house.
That stinks. That’s why my sister went some place that had in stock choices, she needed it in 1 day. Lowe’s and Home Depot don’t stock anything.
This site is HORRIBLE on a mobile device, using an iOS device and Chrome I get the same &*(@#) and pretty much have to close and start over. I don't visit this site on a mobile device anymore.
Opera Touch.

Oh my gosh I didn’t realize how serious it is! Wow I thought they were just being overly cautious with the whole lunch meat thing. I did have white queso at Disney awhile back and they couldn’t tell me if it was pasteurized or not. I figured it was so I ate it but I probably shouldn’t have
I would wager Disney doesn’t have anything that’s not pasteurized. You can eat lunch meats or hot dogs if they are heated properly. Cheeses to avoid are probably ones you wouldn’t eat (guessing based on your previous reports of food prefs) like Brie and blue cheese
They didn’t either unfortunately, her sister in law also ate everything and had 3 healthy kids, so told her she could eat everything in moderation
Now they aren’t speaking
That’s sad on so many levels but you wouldn’t believe how many people believe a family member over a doctor or dietitian. Especially about food, everybody know about food.

I was using the Opera for a long time with no issues. Then I started getting pop ups on there too. So installed the Norton Ad blocker and went back to Safari because I didn’t like Opera anyway and it has been much better but have still gotten a few pop ups on the Dis. Really annoying.

Apologize in advance if this has been mentioned...but just noticed my SW account now has a MyTravel Funds tab...which will keep track of funds as long as you used your RR number
Saw it mentioned a bunch of places BUT I'm not sure if it was actually mentioned here, lol. From what I've read it will only keep track of flights cancelled after December 3rd. I honestly haven't read a ton on it because it doesn't matter to me but just putting it out there that ALL of your available travel funds may not show there.

I'd also not rely on this exclusively but also continue to keep track separately in a safe spreadsheet (but I'm super paranoid about trusting things, lol)

For anybody who is attempting to ride RotR anytime soon - this thread on the DIS might be helpful to keep an eye on:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...oups-are-full-tracking.3781557/#post-61320029
Also, I've read every single comment in the big RotR opening week thread (so has @PolyRob) so if you have any specific questions on how to best tackle it...ask away! PolyRob has actually rode it a couple times, I'm purely living it vicariously through him and the thread. I know nothing about the ride though, avoiding spoilers personally since we'll be there in 7ish weeks!

Love jalapeños but draw the line at habeneros. Lol Have you tried the fried jalapeños from Aldi. Like the crispy onions (you know the ones for green bean casserole) only nice and spicy. I sprinkle them on sandwiches, baked beans, burgers, etc. Yum.

Anything but Marriott? Honestly I like Hyatt but they aren’t everywhere. So I go with whatever I have points for. Out trip to NOLA will be 2 nights Hyatt, 2 nights Marriott (free night certs) while our trip to California will be Hilton and Marriott. If I traveled to Europe or elsewhere I might collect different points, but right now I have Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton with their corresponding CCs.

That stinks. That’s why my sister went some place that had in stock choices, she needed it in 1 day. Lowe’s and Home Depot don’t stock anything.

Opera Touch.
I used opera for a little bit but even that got pop ups so I got rid of it

For anybody who is attempting to ride RotR anytime soon - this thread on the DIS might be helpful to keep an eye on:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...oups-are-full-tracking.3781557/#post-61320029
Also, I've read every single comment in the big RotR opening week thread (so has @PolyRob) so if you have any specific questions on how to best tackle it...ask away! PolyRob has actually rode it a couple times, I'm purely living it vicariously through him and the thread. I know nothing about the ride though, avoiding spoilers personally since we'll be there in 7ish weeks!
I"ve been reading it, too. Great thread. We have three Disney trips in next month and a half so I need to be ready!

I would wager Disney doesn’t have anything that’s not pasteurized. You can eat lunch meats or hot dogs if they are heated properly. Cheeses to avoid are probably ones you wouldn’t eat (guessing based on your previous reports of food prefs) like Brie and blue cheese

That’s sad on so many levels but you wouldn’t believe how many people believe a family member over a doctor or dietitian. Especially about food, everybody know about food.
I’ve been eating brats but we cook them on the grill until the cheese is coming out (cheese brats). I think the only cheese that’s risky that I like would be queso and I very rarely eat it. I wouldn’t listen to friends or family when it comes to something this serious. The doctor can tell me what to eat or what not to eat

I"ve been reading it, too. Great thread. We have three Disney trips in next month and a half so I need to be ready!
For our trip at the end of January, I’m thinking on a non EMH day we can casually roll up at 7am without much stress and get a reasonable late morning BG. Assuming things don’t change much, that’s my plan. What’s your strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!