I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note on the 7 night Marriott certificate: DD was able to call and book the Hilton Head hotel we had chosen for March. She booked it for the Memorial Day weekend week. Couldn't do it online as some nights were at peak pricing and they had to fix that for her.

The hotel is not open yet. It's due to open in February, pushed back from previously being scheduled for December. It's a Courtyard that is walking distance to the beach near Coligny circle area. Category 4 (which makes the certificate work) but already listed for 30K points and cost in May is $250 plus before taxes.

They are also opening a Springhill Suites not far from the Disney resort in Shelter Cove that will be a category 5, but the nights in may to june that I looked at were mostly 40K points per night. For those that know the area it's between Stacks and The Hilton Head Diner close to 278. If it actually opens in March I might try to get it for our first night in March before moving to our 2 bedroom. (DD will use one of her freebies.) This area is close to walk to quite a few restaurants, but the public beach access is several miles away. (Disney has a private beach access.)

Just caught up here. It’s been an emotional roller coaster of a week for me. My grandmother passed away and the funeral was yesterday. It wasn’t a surprise and we’d been waiting for her suffering to come to an end for a very long time now. I told my family I was going to cancel our weekend trip to DLR and they all insisted that I don’t do that. So, now I’m sitting at the Centurion lounge waiting on our flight. This weekend is our 23rd wedding anniversary and we are traveling with friends. I’m looking forward to the distraction.

@SouthFayetteFan - I am sorry I didn’t realize we posted the same video. I didn’t make the Dear Theodosia/ Dear Baby Yoda connect. Continue to post. You must. Please. 😊 Congratulations on your 50k likes! You totally deserve them and more.

@tink1970 - You don’t like musicals?! *GASP!* I feel so lost and alone now.

I live in Florida in a 2100 sq 3/2 and wish we had basements. That’s like getting a bonus house!
So sorry about you grandmother! Enjoy your trip and safe travels :-)

Just caught up here. It’s been an emotional roller coaster of a week for me. My grandmother passed away and the funeral was yesterday. It wasn’t a surprise and we’d been waiting for her suffering to come to an end for a very long time now. I told my family I was going to cancel our weekend trip to DLR and they all insisted that I don’t do that. So, now I’m sitting at the Centurion lounge waiting on our flight. This weekend is our 23rd wedding anniversary and we are traveling with friends. I’m looking forward to the distraction.

@SouthFayetteFan - I am sorry I didn’t realize we posted the same video. I didn’t make the Dear Theodosia/ Dear Baby Yoda connect. Continue to post. You must. Please. 😊 Congratulations on your 50k likes! You totally deserve them and more.

I live in Florida in a 2100 sq 3/2 and wish we had basements. That’s like getting a bonus house!
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, what mixed feelings there must be to say goodbye to a loved one who was suffering. Hugs to you.

Enjoy your weekend trip, and Happy Anniversary to you and Plane Princess!

Well, all I've done is submit the request to be contacted by the hotels. Hopefully it's easy and I get the nights before the 1st of the year.
I've read that some hotels have the ability to book everything online, the hotels in our area don't have that. She might start checking to see if it's possible.

We definitely benefited from being Platinum.

Daughter did also. She was able to use some of her suite nights somewhere plus the free food and other stuff. I benefited when she was with me a couple of times.

She is trying to get me to spend a night in the District with her at the St Regis right before Xmas with the girls. I'm not overly excited about that - stuffy looking place, reminds me of when FIL took us to the Mayflower for drinks and dinner many years ago, so I'm angling for the Ritz Carleton in Georgetown, more modern look. After awhile, you get tired of musty oldy looking stuff....

So sorry about your grandmother. Glad you were able to keep your anniversary trip...

Our other great parent of the year at Disney memory is taking her on the Tower of Terror right when it opened in 2004. She was a tall 4 year old and we had no clue how intense the ride was or how "scary" the attraction part would be. She cried the whole time and refused to go on it for years. We actually did feel badly about that one :) Oops.

My kids were about 4 and 5 when DH took them on ToT and told them it was an "elevator ride." :scared1:They haven't been back on it since. I sat it out, the feeling of plummeting to my death is not my favorite.

My kids were about 4 and 5 when DH took them on ToT and told them it was an "elevator ride." :scared1:They haven't been back on it since. I sat it out, the feeling of plummeting to my death is not my favorite.
Yeah we did that with our super tall 3 year old. He asked for a scary ride lol.

We finally got him back on at 7 by bribing him with Mickey bars

Quick question for the resident experts:

I just "checked in" for my American Airlines flight tomorrow and got Boarding Passes on my AA App.

Last time I flew, a little over a year ago and it was Southwest domestically, I had a paper boarding pass and I got a little stamp on it by the person at security after they checked my ID.

Anyone know how this works if the boarding pass is in my Apple Wallet? I just don't want to get held up tomorrow morning.

Thank you!

I don't do it but my then 4 year old loved it. She did it with her older brother in 1997. I did the walk through and then exited as they were seated on the ride. There's a pic around here somewhere of the ride photo with hands in the air. No fear from any of my three and I'm afraid of my shadow and don't do any kind of thrill ride/attraction.

Oh boy...we did something similar with our kids years ago...they are 32 and 29 now...the picture was hysterical..one of them hugging me..the other my DH...
they have gone on ToT for years now but still talk about the time we “made” them try it

Calypso726, I’m so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Grandparents have a special place in our lives. Hopefully you have many good memories to carry in your heart.

The Disney Wine and dine half Marathon is Nov 5 to 8, 2020. So that's having an effect on my Boardwalk booking. I've already locked in my last 2 nights at Beach Club, but will try to change them again tomorrow to BW. So far I've got 8 nights, including Halloween weekend, starting 10/30 - I dropped 10/28 and 10/29 and may also drop 10/30 and 10/31. Right now I have to turn 11/5/2020-11/7/2020 from BCV into BWV standard view. I'll try to finish that up tomorrow but if I can't then I'll at least have it nearby.

Quick question for the resident experts:

I just "checked in" for my American Airlines flight tomorrow and got Boarding Passes on my AA App.

Last time I flew, a little over a year ago and it was Southwest domestically, I had a paper boarding pass and I got a little stamp on it by the person at security after they checked my ID.

Anyone know how this works if the boarding pass is in my Apple Wallet? I just don't want to get held up tomorrow morning.

Thank you!
You just pull up the electronic boarding pass, put it down on the TSA “console.” It will read it and pick your phone up. Give your ID to the TSA agent and you are good. When boarding, you’ll just put it under the AA scanner. Super duper easy!

Just booked the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for the 3rd leg of our Christmas vacation with 60k Hyatt points that would have cost $1700 I have originally booked the Gaylord but wanted my Marriott points back for AUS.) So we have 6 nights in Punta Cana, 2 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and 5 nights at HRGC. So looking forward to the warm weather again! Has anyone stayed at HRGC? Are you charged for parking on a points booking? How did you like the hotel? I chose it since they have paddle boats, mini golf and lots of other activities.

So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Hope you have a good trip and happy anniversary!

Just booked the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for the 3rd leg of our Christmas vacation with 60k Hyatt points that would have cost $1700 I have originally booked the Gaylord but wanted my Marriott points back for AUS.) So we have 6 nights in Punta Cana, 2 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and 5 nights at HRGC. So looking forward to the warm weather again! Has anyone stayed at HRGC? Are you charged for parking on a points booking? How did you like the hotel? I chose it since they have paddle boats, mini golf and lots of other activities.
I don't know about the parking but I am so excited to try this resort sometime. It looks great and I think my kids would love it. I considered booking it when I go down in Feb to get my dd set up down there but I think we will be too busy doing stuff for my dd to really enjoy all they have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!