I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find them uncomfortable and they sometimes give me a headache. I don’t use them except plane rides and occasionally at work when I’m trying to listen to a webinar or something.
This is me as well! They hurt my ears - especially the ones that come with the iphone (everyone must have much bigger ear holes than me lol) - and I get headaches easily too.

My teens love those too and that is why I'm convinced the ear hole size must be different lol cause those just kill my ears!
My dh can wear them too. I can wear other ones, that have round ear cushions, just not those. That said, dh and I have Bose over the ear head phones. Not sure they were my first choice but he liked his so he bought me some for my birthday a couple years ago. Those hurt my ears after a couple hours too.

The Dell credit for the Biz Plat is twice a year right? I made a purchase on November 14th and it still has not credited. Any data points of how long it is taking these days?

I don't really want to contact them and get eyes on my account so honestly if it is not going to credit I am going to be sending the item back.

It's twice a year, but I can't remember how long they took to credit ours. I think the last time we ordered was July or August.

Last week I called Hilton to book my Aspire weekend night (Conrad in NYC, yay!) and agreed to listen to the timeshare person for some bonus points. I agreed to buy the $199 package in Orlando ($199 back after listening to the timeshare spiel and a $200 certificate towards future stay). Figured we could book a Disney Springs hotel for March and save DVC points. The guy had quite the song and dance about availability and options. Well, when I called to book they only had something near Seaworld available for my dates. 🙄 No thanks. The "deal" is refundable, but I'm still waiting. I'm very annoyed that I have to call again for my refund (it's been a week). I was wary to begin with, but now I'm totally turned off. Not that we were going to buy anyway...

Thanks to everyone for the advice, we ended up booking our airfare for Italy last week at a rate and just as importantly at an schedule we were happy with. It was the Hopper app that alerted me to a rate I was happy about.

Now I come seeking different advice because I read a trip report that had a line about using an Apple Watch for Apple pay in Europe. I started thinking that I am looking to update my Vivofit tracker and since Black Friday is coming up this might be the time to buy. I figure you guys might be able to help with this too. I have an iPhone through Verizon. The international plan is $10 every 24 hour period I use it. Obviously I dont think it would be cost efficient to use data every day just for Apple pay (or maybe it is, never used it before so if y'all know something I dont...) but Im curious would I even need a data enabled Apple watch to use Apple pay? Do most restaurants in Europe have free wifi? Do I even need the wifi enabled to use Apple pay?

The one non negotiable for me is that my Apple watch would need some water resistance. I am in the water at least a few days every week and I want those activities to "count" so I am under the impression I would need series 3 or above...is this correct? Also I have kinda thin wrists and small hands so I am thinking the smallest version would be best sized...thats a 38mm for Series 3, is there any reason to size up from a tech standpoint?

Basicaly I am an Apple Watch newbie so any pointers would be appreciated. I see costco has the Series 3 38MM for $170 through Friday. I may go with that just to play with it for a month and see if I like it.

Just curious how others treat this. Do you only redeem your points if it is a best redemption or do you sometimes take a less than the best redemption for something that is more convenient? I am still looking for flights to Glacier for next July. I had to choose my dates and hotels before flights were available. Now the dates I picked, have the highest cost for the flights I want. I am looking at different days and may be able to move things around. But I am finding I am not willing to take a less than optimal flight for less points. Example: the flight I want is from Columbus to Minneapolis to Whitefish. It is a total of 6 hours with 1.5 hour layover in MSP. Also the first flight is at 9:30 AM. I could pick a flight with 2 layovers or something where the first flight is at 6 AM for less points. But don't want to add a lot of travel time (up to 2+ hours) or have to get up well before dawn to get to the airport. It might because I am older, but I do feel like my time and comfort is worth something and I don't want to compromise too much. Anyone feel the same way?

I have done both ends of the spectrum on redemptions. My goal is always to get better than 2 CPP value from points. That said, I will spend more points in the name of convenience, for an experience or when I just don't feel like shelling out money. The ANA flight we took was a .24 cpp in value mathematically speaking. I have to factor in that I would never pay $20,000 for a flight even if I had that level of disposable income. I also have a Hilton booked on points that winds up at .005 cpp. Don't care, just don't feel like spending any more out of pocket for that particular trip.

As for flights, I am only willing to sacrifice my time to position for a flight experience I can't get from my home airports. As for connections, I'm willing to spend more points for a more convenient flight. I am ok with one connection but would never choose two connections to save points. Too much drama can happen if one of those flight is delayed or cancelled. I'd rather avoid as much travel drama as possible. I get plenty as it is, so I'd never open up the possibilities for more.

My dh can wear them too. I can wear other ones, that have round ear cushions, just not those. That said, dh and I have Bose over the ear head phones. Not sure they were my first choice but he liked his so he bought me some for my birthday a couple years ago. Those hurt my ears after a couple hours too.
I really only wear headphones like once a year but I also like the rounded, cushioned ones. The over the ears ones give me a headache too (as do hats and headbands and anything pressing around my ears lol). I have some really nice headbands that my dh's aunt bought me at a craft fair and gave them to me as a gift. I put them on and my dh is like, 'Oh you look nice'. I'm like, 'well, enjoy me in this cause I'm pulling it off in 10 mins' :laughing:

Now I come seeking different advice because I read a trip report that had a line about using an Apple Watch for Apple pay in Europe. I started thinking that I am looking to update my Vivofit tracker and since Black Friday is coming up this might be the time to buy. I figure you guys might be able to help with this too. I have an iPhone through Verizon. The international plan is $10 every 24 hour period I use it. Obviously I dont think it would be cost efficient to use data every day just for Apple pay (or maybe it is, never used it before so if y'all know something I dont...) but Im curious would I even need a data enabled Apple watch to use Apple pay? Do most restaurants in Europe have free wifi? Do I even need the wifi enabled to use Apple pay?

Do you have an unlocked phone, or have you had your phone long enough that you can unlock it? If so, you would be *much* better off using a European sim and data plan. Most of Europe is a 'free to roam' zone, so you can use one data plan across multiple countries. We have a 3 sim (three.co.uk) that we have had for dog's years, and we can top it up any time using vouchers that we purchase online even if we don't plan to be in the UK for a particular trip. A £10 add-on gives us 2 GB of data for 30 days, and unlimited texts and minutes anywhere in their free-to-roam zone. It's more complicated to do it that way, but it will ultimately make your life easier.

If you don't care about all of that, and all you want to do is have easier payments, we found that apple pay and contactless were both ubiquitous. If you have a contactless card without foreign transaction fees, you could just use that instead....

Hi gang! I apologize for the drive-by posting, but work has had me swamped, leaving little to no time for my DIS brain break.
I know I've missed a ton, but I did read back to see the Disney+ breach :sad2: hitting the news right at the same time our state's systems were subject to a ransomware attack. Hmm... maybe I should be avoiding any & all computers right about now!

Throwing caution to the wind, I'm hoping someone here can help with a MSR/ cashback question (please & thank you!)
Part A - If paying for a group tour via Paypal, does it code as travel with either Chase or CapOne ?
Part B - If it does not, is there any way I can do better than my basic % cash back? No Chase Freedom in my wallet for the 4Q 5% benefit, and I missed Discover's 3Q 5%.

Took a look at that Bonvoy matrix posted upstream. WOW! Glad I'm not having to navigate that process right now.

If PayPal is the only option and if it is a large enough payment you could product change your CSR to a Freedom. (Assuming you have had the CSR for a year). Straight PayPal on a card would probably not count as travel on any of the cards.

Calling all churning singles in the Virginia area... could this be the one for you?? (@speedyfishy - it still is not too late to walk away from your fiancé and find true “quid pro quo” with this guy...) 🤣 🤣

I’m not even sure what I just read there... is this person just looking to chat churning or...is there more??

EDIT: who speaks like this?? For real, this is just really strange to me. And this person has been on reddit a long time and active on r/churning in the past...

Last edited:
Dh and I bought our tickets for frozen 2! I’m so excited. We normally see new releases on Thursdays but stupid AMC is charging full price for their tickets. I miss Marcus theatres so bad. Their Thursday new releases were $5 because of student Thursday’s. And no theaters near us have the recliners 😭

We bought ours too! We can't go see on Thursday cause one dd has dance til 8, both dd's work all day on Fri & Sat so we are going to our early church service on Sunday and then an 11am show. It's really the only time that works and we get the $5 tickets! When you are buying 6, this becomes even more critical!! So excited to see it!

Yay! I have tickets for Frozen 2 and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood for Saturday and Sunday. 2 different theaters because neither had the $5.60 tickets for both shows. But we never go weekdays. Always Saturday or Sunday and usually before noon for the cheap seats.
I purchased my tickets for Sunday on release day because I am "cool" like that! (Frozen pun) AMC is the best theater experience around me and I was so annoyed with my transaction. I booked the wrong weekend by accident (Thanksgiving instead of release weekend) and wanted to change it. I called to do it and they refunded me, but kept my AMC Stubs reward that I used! So I called back and after speaking with 3 people they issued it back to me... for a future use. I will definitely use it, but it just felt wrong. I know I made a mistake, but I caught it within 2 minutes of confirming the transaction. SMH

Last edited:
2020 currently:
Apr: DL
Nov/Dec: WDW

However, I'm toying with canceling DL and getting APs for WDW and just doing several weekend-ish type trips for a multitude of reasons. I really need to make a decision on this.

Striking all of my previous plans.

2020:
Jan- WDW for 2 days, 1 night will upgrade park tickets to AP and celebrate my b-day
May- WDW for a 3 day weekend, this trip will be centered around DS2
July- WDW for a 3 day weekend, I need to pick a weekend for this one, it'll be centered around DD2
Sept (?)- WDW 3 day weekend
Nov/Dec- WDW may a little more than a 3 day this time

2021:
Jan- maybe one more WDW before AP expires and hopefully DS1 will be able to join us

Maybe squeezing in a few days in Costa Rica. I sort of got DD2 to agree to dropping DL if we can do Costa Rica. I'm just not feeling DL right now, weird because I was very much looking forward to it. DD1 and DIL have moved to another state. DS1 is very likely deploying next year and I'm going to need something to keep my busy. I think I've planned my year quite nicely.

Thanks to everyone for the advice, we ended up booking our airfare for Italy last week at a rate and just as importantly at an schedule we were happy with. It was the Hopper app that alerted me to a rate I was happy about.

The one non negotiable for me is that my Apple watch would need some water resistance. I am in the water at least a few days every week and I want those activities to "count" so I am under the impression I would need series 3 or above...is this correct? Also I have kinda thin wrists and small hands so I am thinking the smallest version would be best sized...thats a 38mm for Series 3, is there any reason to size up from a tech standpoint?

Basicaly I am an Apple Watch newbie so any pointers would be appreciated. I see costco has the Series 3 38MM for $170 through Friday. I may go with that just to play with it for a month and see if I like it.
I can't really speak to the VZW TravelPass, but I can weigh in on the Apple Watch! lol

Series 2 and newer are the most "water resistant" and can be used for swimming. They are not good for scuba diving or greater depths. You just have to put it in a certain mode that protects the mic and speaker. It is very easy to enable. Once you are done with the water activity, you disable it and it spits out any water that collected. I used it during my latest downpour in Epcot in fear I would ruin my Series 4 (overprotective, but why not?!).

I have owned an original (before Series 1 branding) and Series 4. Series 4 and newer went through a re-design where the faces are curved more and are slightly larger. If you want a Series 3, $170 is a very nice deal right now. The lowest I have seen on Thanksgiving is a 6pm doorbuster at Walmart which is probably going to be insanity. I don't think a Series 4 will come in under $300 so it is a significant jump for the newer shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!